1 2 3 4 ... 6
cwh
cwh Dork
9/15/09 4:37 p.m.

Simple- my initials. Of course, there were 2 Charles Hanlons before me, and 2 Charles Hanlons since. All different middle names, but still pretty cool.

Josh
Josh HalfDork
9/15/09 5:01 p.m.
Keith wrote: I forget why I chose mine. It seemed cool at the time.

Yeah, I'm blanking too.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/15/09 5:03 p.m.

It sounded cool. I also decided to stop using my real name online until I sussed out the crowd a little. Once sussed I decided to keep it.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
9/15/09 5:10 p.m.

HiTempguy- my father owned a ceramic coatings shop at one point, called HiTemp Coatings Inc. This was about the time that I started using the internets more and more (I was 15) and doing lots of work down at his shop.

If you see HiTempguy on any car forum, gauranteed it is me.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/15/09 5:15 p.m.

errrrr.....Aussie.....some might say you could guess why

SMG my initials

note: It has nothing to do with owning an MG

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
9/15/09 5:29 p.m.

I was under a lot of pressure to come up with something when I enlisted here. My name is Bill and I had a Spitfire. I used to be Billspit.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/15/09 5:46 p.m.

I'm ignorant

you're ignorant

we're all damn ignorant

that's my name.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
9/15/09 5:55 p.m.

Ask mom why I have this name.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/15/09 6:05 p.m.

I would but I like to above patio foundations

procainestart
procainestart Dork
9/15/09 6:05 p.m.

procainestart

Unfortunately, I procrastinate a lot, usually by reading car forums and news sites. I took the word "procrastinate," pasted it into an online anagram generator, and looked through the results, of which "procaine start" was one. (An anagram is a word (or words) composed of another word's letters, re-arranged.)

Procaine is a drug, an anesthetic. The need to start a task is often why I procrastinate. So what started as the problem -- I procrastinate -- came, by way of re-arranging the letters of the word, to define the outcome of doing it.

I know, kinda dumb...

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/15/09 6:06 p.m.

I'm into weird E36 M3.

Hocrest
Hocrest New Reader
9/15/09 6:45 p.m.

I was trying to came up with a fake name/email to play a joke on a friend. I was at work and looked at a menu for the chines restaurant across the street, House of China Restaurant. So I became "Ho C. Rest"

Once I started signing up for things on the web, I found the every variation of Dave Martin was already taken, so now I'm Hocrest almost everywhere I go...

An amusing side story... A few years ago, House of China Restaurant became Christian Family Chinese Restaurant

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
9/15/09 7:00 p.m.

Mine started as a joke during the hot import craze. I was autocrossing a Civic at the time. "Type R" stickers were showing up on all kids of vehicles. I started telling people I had a rare Type Q. "Whats a Type Q?" "It came before the R."

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/15/09 7:06 p.m.

My old one (Sloshua71) was a combination of a nickname one of my teetotaler friends gave me during my late high school days and my birth year. When the new board came about I decided a screen name that implied I was a total lush was bad. Mr always adds respect to a name, and I liked lethal weapon, so MrJoshua I became.

I almost went with Stumpy because thats one of my favorite insults. I have yet to find someone who wasn't royally insulted when I called them stumpy.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer New Reader
9/15/09 7:16 p.m.

Its what "SIR" stands for...& it amuses me

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/15/09 7:30 p.m.

it was a SN I came up with a VERY long time ago on a 1:18th scale RC car message board. Pro-Line Racing (and Imex tires, for that matter) have a lot of tires with "hawg" or "dawg" in the name, I was running a Pro-Line tire on my Associated RC18T and Duratrax Evader BX at the time, and "Slyp" just sorta fits with the misspelled word theme, and does point to my love of being able to kick the tail out and have a bit of fun with whatever I'm driving (much less dangerous in an RC car if you don't quite get it right, though). kinda dorky, but oh well. it's uniquely me, it stuck, and I've used that (or some variation on it) as my tag on every message board I'm a member of, my aim, msn, and yahoo accounts, and it's my xBox live tag (don't bother though, haven't touched my xbox once in the past year other than to use it as something of a boombox)

rmarkc
rmarkc New Reader
9/15/09 7:31 p.m.

My initials are RMC and my middle name is Mark.

I often astound myself with such creativity.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/15/09 7:38 p.m.
Mr Joshua said: My old one (Sloshua71) was a combination of a nickname one of my teetotaler friends gave me during my late high school days and my birth year. When the new board came about I decided a screen name that implied I was a total lush was bad. Mr always adds respect to a name, and I liked lethal weapon, so MrJoshua I became.

I always thought it had something to do with you being "Slo"....

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/15/09 7:41 p.m.
maroon92 wrote:
Mr Joshua said: My old one (Sloshua71) was a combination of a nickname one of my teetotaler friends gave me during my late high school days and my birth year. When the new board came about I decided a screen name that implied I was a total lush was bad. Mr always adds respect to a name, and I liked lethal weapon, so MrJoshua I became.
I always thought it had something to do with you being "Slo"....

I think I prefer lush-slow by my own doing.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Dork
9/15/09 7:43 p.m.

I like fast ACVW's plus I think it sounds cool

dxman92
dxman92 New Reader
9/15/09 7:43 p.m.

I used to have a 92 civic dx and i'm a man. Nothing much more to that.

Butch_86
Butch_86 New Reader
9/15/09 7:48 p.m.

Butch-nickname/part of my last name (Butcher) 86-year I was born

On most other forms I'm a member of I go by NonToxic (or Nontoxic12) it started out as my gamer tag for Paintball and now I use it for most things.

MrJoshua wrote: I almost went with Stumpy because thats one of my favorite insults. I have yet to find someone who wasn't royally insulted when I called them stumpy.

I had a friend whose nickname was Stumpy...

mel_horn
mel_horn Dork
9/15/09 7:54 p.m.

I have no imagination.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
9/15/09 8:01 p.m.

Appleseed.

Picked it for an Impala SS forum about nine years ago.

I was into Anime and Manga, A LOT!

It's followed me to the HAMB, here, and a few other places

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
9/15/09 8:07 p.m.

Back in the day, there was a local pinball / foosball hall named "The Stump". A short stocky fellow that came around had the nickname Stump. I did some T-shirts for the place, with a picture of, well,..a stump. This guy bought about 10 of them.

Seems he didn't mind the nickname at all..

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HFTSiq7zc6EKHdtGTG1n9xGAdv2iSBPqhCl7dttCx7ufp6EwyIQV1dishGUWNV4F