1 2
Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UltraDork
1/30/15 9:43 a.m.

This old slot car box top in a frame is my favorite

photo 20150130_073822_zpsbyn3wtos.jpg

And this old popular mechanics "race car spotters guide" that I framed is really cool too.

photo 20150130_073834_zpsl8qea3rk.jpg

photo 20150130_073847_zpskjoywylx.jpg

Sorry about the flash obscuring everything

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/30/15 9:48 a.m.

I put this puzzle together, glued it, then stuck it in a cheap frame. It hanges right above my garage bathroom urinal.

I like the painted palllet idea. I may give it a try. I like to make things out of pallets.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
1/30/15 11:14 a.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote: E30 M3 http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-E30-Huge-Art-Giant-Poster-Wall-Print-39-x57-px85-/181580814476

That seems really cheap for something that huge..

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
1/30/15 12:00 p.m.

how about a vintage tune up cabinet??? You could actually use it... as well as display it!

Mine is in my garage.... more of a use thing for me...

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/30/15 12:06 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: In reply to Karacticus: My wife also denied my artistic license when I tried to hang the hood from our rollover wreck in the BMW Endurance series on the wall with a picture of the smashed car in the meatball. I admit it was no "Boy With Apple" and... I have accepted the rejection

To ad insult to injury, it's now been replaced by something "more appropriate" purchased from Pier One. I've guess I'm nearing the same sort of acceptance you are talking about.

It's only taken 20 years to complete my total emasculation

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/30/15 3:31 p.m.

I have a cam cover from the CART engines I worked on and lots of pictures of the cars I have been associated with over many years.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/30/15 4:20 p.m.

I was at the Sebring 12 Hour race a few years ago and ran across this genuine Cobra Daytona Coupe. It was later sold by Mecum for $7.25 million IIRC. By chance I had my old Cannon AE-1 with me, and was taking film pics for fun. I like the way this turned out, as it looks like it could have been taken in 1964-- and anyone who's been to Sebring would recognize the pavement. It hangs in my GRM office, along with other car-related stuff.

robmillion
robmillion New Reader
1/30/15 4:55 p.m.

i drew this. i also drew a few others, and there will be more. sometimes what i draw has nothing to do with cars what-so-ever. but anyway, enjoy.

here's a link to some more crap i drew! http://society6.com/robmillion

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/15 8:38 p.m.

Semi related:

Before a big family get-together, I replaced our wedding photo in the dining room with a picture of Evel Knievel doing a wheelie.

calteg
calteg HalfDork
1/30/15 9:54 p.m.

I have something very similar to this in the garage, except all of the 911s are silhouetted, and it has a tagline that reads "Every Porsche owes its soul to those that came before."

The funny part is I've only owned one Porsche, and I don't particularly like 911s, but it's hard to deny a legend.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/15 10:07 p.m.
calteg wrote:

Porsche of Fairfield has that photo hanging over the showroom floor. It has to be about 25 feet across.

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
1/30/15 11:37 p.m.

drew this a few years ago for a buddy and ended up with a few prints, kept one.

i have these in my garage, bought the porsche poster new back when that 993 came out!

if i have time some day i'm plotting to do a watercolor of the old silk-cut Group C jag....at my current rate i'll finish in about 15 years

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/30/15 11:45 p.m.

Did this recently at my shopmate's birthday party. He borrowed a projector and we projected an image up on the wall and traced the outline in tape for a fun, easy, non-permanent project.

We did his Honda N600 first, then my AE86.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/31/15 1:56 a.m.
robmillion wrote: i drew this. i also drew a few others, and there will be more. sometimes what i draw has nothing to do with cars what-so-ever. but anyway, enjoy. here's a link to some more crap i drew! http://society6.com/robmillion

I would buy that T-shirt.

Claff
Claff Reader
1/31/15 4:15 a.m.

In my single guy days the chunk of old stock car door was hung over my living room couch. It has since been banished to the garage.

I also have 3/4 of a '99 NASCAR Chevy Monte Carlo front bumper that I got after a tough race at Nazareth. It's been signed by its driver with the inscription "It was a pretty good race until this happened."

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/31/15 8:17 a.m.
calteg wrote: I have something very similar to this in the garage, except all of the 911s are silhouetted, and it has a tagline that reads "Every Porsche owes its soul to those that came before." The funny part is I've only owned one Porsche, and I don't particularly like 911s, but it's hard to deny a legend.

Reminds me of:

For wall art:

robmillion
robmillion New Reader
2/1/15 3:33 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

you are in luck! it's now available as a t-shirt!! have at it!!

society6.com/robmillion

the Saab comes in either blue or red now. i can add more options too if anyone would like.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
otFGdYlKQT8KzYWVRBeNA72CmlLUdKMfZtEfeWQ41K4KAHfWNTHls8uwdU4MAQzP