1 2 3 ... 5
bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
2/7/13 9:24 a.m.

golfduke
golfduke New Reader
2/7/13 9:26 a.m.

That arrow is pointing directly at my house, haha. Looks like the snowblower is gonna get some exercise this weekend.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
2/7/13 9:30 a.m.

I'm so excited I can barely contain it.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/7/13 9:33 a.m.

Oh, so it's going to snow in New York? Because that's all we'll hear about in the national media.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/7/13 9:33 a.m.

The Perfect Storm, I'm in the 12 - 18 zone. Ever been in a snow storm and have thunder and lightning? Spooky.

I'm ready!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/7/13 9:36 a.m.

peter
peter HalfDork
2/7/13 9:42 a.m.
golfduke wrote: That arrow is pointing directly at my house, haha. Looks like the snowblower is gonna get some exercise this weekend.

Go warm it up now, make sure it runs, etc. That will guarantee that the storm completely misses you.

bikerbenz
bikerbenz New Reader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbb34ixU5OM

SCARRMRCC
SCARRMRCC New Reader
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/7/13 9:53 a.m.

I'm going to run around waving my arms and shouting in a panic. It is never too early to assume the worst.

Actually... I'm buying lift tickets for Saturday right now.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
2/7/13 9:57 a.m.

Isn't that what New England is all about?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/7/13 10:00 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: Isn't that what New England is all about?

Panic? Yes.

BARNCA
BARNCA Dork
2/7/13 10:04 a.m.

Massive overreaction, this was normal when i was a kid.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/7/13 10:07 a.m.
BARNCA wrote: Massive overreaction, this was normal when i was a kid.

Boston. February 7, 1978.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/7/13 10:07 a.m.

Sorry, flashy fingers.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
2/7/13 10:21 a.m.

Snow again? yawn....

time for a walk

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/13 10:23 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Oh, so it's going to snow in New York? Because that's all we'll hear about in the national media.

No kidding. When is the northeast going to realize that snow is a normal thing in winter? It's just part of the deal.

Sorry, when is the MEDIA going to realize?

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
2/7/13 10:27 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote: Oh, so it's going to snow in New York? Because that's all we'll hear about in the national media.
No kidding. When is the northeast going to realize that snow is a normal thing in winter? It's just part of the deal. Sorry, when is the MEDIA going to realize?

When is the MEDIA going to realize, well anything?

golfduke
golfduke New Reader
2/7/13 10:34 a.m.
z31maniac wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote:
No kidding. When is the northeast going to realize that snow is a normal thing in winter? It's just part of the deal. Sorry, when is the MEDIA going to realize?
When is the MEDIA going to realize, well anything?

so true... It's unbelievable how people are though around here. There's not a single gas can on the shelves, generators are sold out, and there are 3 car deep lines at the gas station already. The worst part- IT happens for EVERY MAJOR STORM around here. Where does everything go from the last ones lol. It's like a black hole of gas, shovel, and generator consumption up here.

Me? I've got all my supplies. A case of yuengling, a bag of potatoes, a bunch of meat, and a full propane tank for the grill.

Come at me snow.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/7/13 10:43 a.m.

EPIC! I see Detroit has some color in that map. It should make ice racing this weekend interesting...

Also it looks like the storm completely misses southern Canada...

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
2/7/13 10:52 a.m.

I figured my rebuilding the carb on the snowblower would put snow off for good this winter.

I'm glad it didn't.

I love watching people flip out about snow down here. Growing up in Vt and then living in one of the snowiest regions of NH for 5 years makes me view snow a bit differently from most mshiny happy people.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
2/7/13 10:58 a.m.

I fired up my 44 year old Yard Man Snowbird snow blower last night to test it, and it started on it's 2nd pull. Love that weird old machine and it's chain-driven discharge chute. My generator however is not working. the stupid thing won't stay running on gasoline.

We went shopping last night and stocked up on the usual storm stuff. We beat the crowd, mostly. The water aisle at the store was decimated, but we were able to get everything we needed. Everyone will be freaking out tonight and punching and kicking each other over the last loaf of bread.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
2/7/13 10:58 a.m.

I wish that we could get it here. We haven't had one snow storm worth mentioning for the past 2 years.

fanfoy
fanfoy Reader
2/7/13 11:07 a.m.
fidelity101 wrote: EPIC! I see Detroit has some color in that map. It should make ice racing this weekend interesting... Also it looks like the storm completely misses southern Canada...

Yeah!!! 'merican snow only

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
2/7/13 11:11 a.m.

[Nelson]

HA! HA!

[/Nelson]

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rwxeJsTDlvb63XX1AAdiBfQh9UbalTln7mZXz4jSVnv39JP4ZgLmOWvweKVpykAd