1 2
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
8/8/15 6:18 p.m.

We had a number that was one digit off from the local hotel. We regularly got calls to put a case of beer in a taxi to be delivered to a local drunk, or calls from irate wives demanding that we send their husbands home. The bar was open until 3:00 AM so this was a major PITA. My parents were usually polite to the callers, but if I got to the phone first I felt compelled to have some fun.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/15 9:30 p.m.

For a male caller I will often hit on them and see how uncomfortable I can get them. With women I usually start with a sob story about my wife leaving me and ask them to mail me their underware.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/8/15 9:37 p.m.

"City morgue, spare parts division"

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/15 7:35 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: "City morgue, spare parts division"

I always heard it as:

City Morgue, you stab 'em, we slab 'em.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
8/9/15 9:44 a.m.

I also had a phone number that was one off, but mine was for a contest line for a local radio station, which happened to be the station I usually listened to. So, when it was contest time, I was ready. "Hey, cograts, you are lucky caller 5, please stay on the line", and then hung up. I am a bad person.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/9/15 12:18 p.m.

I have actually contemplated making this call, but after 43 years, I don't even know if my father is still alive. In the past I kinda thought, well if he wanted to be a part of my life he would have found me, but recent threads have changed my perspective on that.

No, my name is not Amy .

TLNXTYM
TLNXTYM New Reader
8/10/15 2:47 a.m.

I had this old couple call my cell a few times, each call was months apart. She'd ask for someone, I'd tell her it was a wrong number and then they would proceed to yell at each other. It was weird.

TLNXTYM
TLNXTYM New Reader
8/10/15 2:57 a.m.

Also, when I had a home phone number that was recycled I kept getting calls for some woman who obviously didn't bother paying bills. I kept a running list of info for each caller. I'd give everything I could to each and they'd sometimes give me more info too to pass along. I knew her previous employer, and her mom's name and recent address among other things. I'm guessing they either found her or she quit giving out my number.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
8/10/15 8:23 a.m.

In junior high we were prank calling people one night and when I got on and asked for Boone, this ancient, quavering voice came back "Boone's dead...sob."

Last prank call I ever made.

tedium850
tedium850 New Reader
8/10/15 8:44 a.m.

Many years ago when I first moved into my house and set up my home phone, apparently the number was formerly used by a bar. For the first year or so, Id get called late night early morning asking for "Big Hoss" or some woman wanting their husband home. It got to the point where, if it was after about 10:00pm, I'd answer the phone as "Big Hoss here"...and tell the women that there husband just left.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OG3YETVD5z3gVFnjbIyjyLFA4wFX3r1DoXfPCl5BT4DYaxkvjfMwWpvMx4rsOrya