1 ... 3 4 5
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/28/13 1:26 p.m.

Saw it on the weekend...it was pretty good, but like the last one I can't see it as a Trek movie, only a Star Trek-themed action movie. Still a fun summer action flick.

And yeah by the time you reach the end of the movie it's hard to miss the "global war on terror" commentary...they made a political point, for a moment it almost felt like a Trek movie again.

lewbud
lewbud HalfDork
6/1/13 4:48 p.m.

Saw it Thursday. I thought it was ok, a good precursor to the next film (if it continues with Khan as the bad guy). The only problem I had with it was Spock the younger calling original Spock to see if he'd ever run into a guy named Khan. I don't mind them playing a little fast and loose with the time line in this case as it means we won't have to sit through remakes of ST 3,4,5. For those who are bitching about the time line, try following the time line in a Dr. Who series.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
6/17/13 3:21 p.m.

I finally got to see this over the weekend......it was good, but I wish they weren't obviously pandering to the trekkies. With the fresh action start to all this, why use similar scenarios and names of villans?

IDGAF about the timeline, its an alternate reality.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/17/13 4:38 p.m.
lewbud wrote: For those who are bitching about the time line, try following the time line in a Dr. Who series.

You don't have to follow a time line in Dr Who. You make your own when you have a TARDIS. Even a 10yr old knows that.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Za9RkUqi8If4ASA6s7Pxi9XMHN0VVEckfCpaai3qRfept2tXICmwi3EwRvdksXXV