1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/24 4:11 p.m.

Indie artists are more likely to be on Bandcamp, I think. It's where I get my Shuffle Demons and the Jivewires albums from. Taylor Swift does not seem to be on the platform :)   If a band predates Bandcamp, I'll often pick up used CDs from Discogs.com. There's a lot of good music that isn't on the streaming services.

My only paid streaming music service: the Tesla one that comes with the car, it's part of the premium connectivity subscription. I also have a free Pandora account but haven't fired it up for a couple of years. Instead, I have a kickass selection of CDs that I've ripped because I like to own, really own, the music I've purchased.

classtef
classtef New Reader
6/13/24 2:20 a.m.

I'm using the free version of YouTube Music because it allows me to watch music videos as well, plus the lyrics feature is useful when I want to sing along. For a paid or premium music service, my choice is Spotify. Spotify has more flexible options to share subscriptions with my wife.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/13/24 9:05 a.m.

I still Spotify for free.  The ads are quite annoying, but not enough to make me pay for Spotify.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/15/24 5:23 a.m.

I have YouTube premium so YouTube music is included. I have also used Pandora free for years. If I'm listening to music it's probably split 50/50 between those two. My Pandora "stations" are pretty dialed. YouTube music is better for variety. However most of time I'm listening to Podcasts through CastBox because it seems to cooperate with my stupid Toyota's Android Auto better than any other service. Never had any issues with any of my other vehicles but the Toyota's system is terrible. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q2kExRr4xM3gEeJ1xYK5pvKOQtyeEDqstRdgIsSx5dppK0G7VgqaKekr6CdAxGZd