1 2 3 4
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/1/11 5:34 p.m.

Speaking of Earl Grey again, the "Revolution Earl Grey Lavender Tea" I just picked up at Safeway is actually pretty good.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
6/1/11 10:04 p.m.

I keep it simple, either plain Lipton or Earl Gray for hot, and Luzianne sun tea for iced.

I will make the jump to loose leaf some time, maybe next fall.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
6/1/11 10:31 p.m.
4eyes wrote:
Zomby woof wrote: I drink at least 6 cups of this every day.
As a Southerner I was raised on sweet iced tea, but I fell in love with Jasmine tea in Indo. Then on the way over an back (Singapore Airlines) I fell hard for Oolong tea. If I'm drinking hot tea at home, it will be Oolong, at a Chinese restaurant (if they have it) Jasmine tea. Edited to add: You guys need to try your local oriental market/food store for tea variety.

If you eat at a Vietnamese restaurant, Jasmine tea is usually served as the default. Being as hot as it was today, it was offered in both hot, and cold. The cold is really good.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
6/3/11 5:35 p.m.

If I eat at a Vietnamese restaurant, I have a Vietnamese coffee for dessert.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
6/3/11 10:43 p.m.

After a long day, or a cold winter day, I really like a nice cup of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime (Chamomile) tea in front of the fire.

For iced, I just use Luzianne decaf, and like it just fine. Also like to add a little raspberry to it.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/31/18 3:19 p.m.

Zombie thread, canoe removed 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/18 4:08 p.m.

now that this is back from the dead, I guess I should mention mine. Yorkshire Gold. This was my very British Grandmother's tea and now that I have found it on Amazon, it is mine as well.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
1/31/18 4:45 p.m.

At 57, I have finally grown to a point where I can handle tea.  Coffee is still a repulsive hot drink made with ground beans.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
1/31/18 4:47 p.m.

I see that I posted in this about 7 years ago. Not drinking as much green tea as I used to but I drink at least one of these a day

And one of these

When I drink this at work and show up to a call people will often look all around for the origin of that awesome aroma

lateapexer
lateapexer Reader
1/31/18 5:36 p.m.

Tea is made from the leaves of the tea plant. All those other hot liquids may be wonderful, but they aren't tea.

travellering
travellering HalfDork
1/31/18 6:08 p.m.

Proper tea, Twinings, loose leaf, boil water in leccy kettle,immediately pour over loose leaf tea in teapot, steep for three to five minutes(during which time you add desired quantity of milk to cup, contemplate the mysteries of the universe, and dispense of leftover hot water from kettle so hard water doesn't limescale the heating element) then pour through fine mesh strainer into cheap China mug, add sugar to taste, and consume first sip immediately,  scalding upper lip and all taste buds on front of tongue.  Remainder of tea is to be consumed more sedately, with biscuits if at all possible.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
2/1/18 5:27 a.m.
paul said:

Inspired by the coffee thread...

I've been hooked on PG Tips black tea for the past few years, can't stand the traditional flavorless stuff in the supermarkets.

Thinking of buying loose black tea (possibly other varieties as well), any to consider, or stick to my pre-ground/packaged stuff?

Pg tips are good. I buy swan brand Ceylon loose tea at a Lebanese market. Great flavor and a great price

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
8/13/20 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Nitukush :

Row row row your boat!

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
8/13/20 11:23 a.m.

All the way on the first page and 9 years ago when Woody mentioned it but Harney & Sons is where I get my tea as well. They'll sell you a cheap sample of loose leaf that makes like three cups so you can actually get a taste for it to see if you like it.

I've like everything from there I've bought but my favorites are their lapsang souchong and the Paris blend they have.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/20 11:42 a.m.

Tazo makes a glazed lemon loaf tea that is amazing

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/20 11:53 a.m.

In reply to Grizz :

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/13/20 12:59 p.m.

We like the Whistling Kettle.  I'm partial to Earl Grey but my wife gets some kind of champagne something iced; pretty good!  They ship teas also.  If you're in the neighborhood lets go to lunch there, wonderful food.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/13/20 1:56 p.m.

I'm pretty much moved to the PG Tips camp, thanks to having a silly bout of copying the most attainable bits of the Bad Obsession Motorsport protocol: PG Tips and Gjende biscuits, though my local Ikea stopped carrying the latter, and longer ago the other biscuit they ate...

Had a wonderful afternoon tea service at Brown's Hotel in London (yes, I simultaneously enjoyed myself and wanted to bolt for the door, feeling desperately out of place the whole time) and have since tried to upgrade my tea, but the local snooty loose leaf tea emporium listened to my description of what I'd had and then sold me a bag of Ceylon that stoutly refuses to impart significant color or flavor to the water.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/20 2:14 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom :

Assuming that this wasn't said snooty loose leaf emporium, try The Jasmine Pearl, IIRC they are in your next of the woods. I still get a fair amount of tea from them, although I've also started ordering from Harney & Sons.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/13/20 4:22 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

That's the place! I've heard good things and only given them one chance... I was a little put off that they ask you to silence your phone before entering their tea sanctuary (this isn't a tea room, just a retail space. I don't mind requests to take calls outside, but I don't think retail calls for awed silence), but my only real complaint is that the tea they sold me is wildly far from the description I gave them (I'm sure I used the word "pungent" repeatedly).

Perhaps I'll have to do more research and find out what type of tea I'm after so I don't have to rely on their guidance. While they didn't get even close to what I asked for, I'm sure my description was woefully inadequate to do more than get in the ballpark.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/13/20 7:42 p.m.
DoctorBlade said:

I generally use either Lipton or Diamond, out of Alabama I think. I have to make it by the gallon when I do make it anymore. Sweet Tea doesn't last long.

+1 on Lipton.  A gallon of sweet tea lasts one day in my house if my daughter is around.  

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/13/20 10:49 p.m.

I've become a fan of Bigelow American Breakfast Tea lately. Kinda similar to English Breakfast Tea but more caffeine. It can be a little tricky to find. Only place I've found it besides Amazon is restaurant supply stores. 

WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter)
WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/13/20 11:39 p.m.

Barry's Irish breakfast is my morning tea every day.  That or the gold.  Both are good, strong teas I was happy to find in my supermarket after first having it in Ireland a few years ago.  My afternoon and evening tea is twinings, I like the prince of Wales or lady grey at night.

Tiwi
Tiwi None
8/14/20 5:52 a.m.

I like Chinese leaf tea. Two years ago my mom brought me some great green tea, it smelled like mix of strawberry and cookies. It was amazing, sometimes I do miss it as if it was my friendlaugh

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/14/20 7:13 a.m.
Tiwi said:

I like Chinese leaf tea. Two years ago my mom brought me some great green tea, it smelled like mix of strawberry and cookies. It was amazing, sometimes I do miss it as if it was my friendlaugh

Ummm, Tea-we?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8c8jS7ziFTXXi3X2ic0LfIeu7ebgnRoQbcLUgy8LDvw5Wps9tpVSfXTRWKiyTYKp