1 2 3 4 5
alex
alex Dork
4/5/10 12:13 p.m.

I suck down coffee like it's going out of style, so no surprise that energy drinks don't do much for me. And since I'd rather avoid the sugar and chemicals, I don't make drinking them a habit. But, I have a friend who moonlights as a Monster rep occasionally, and she recently dropped off an armload of their new Nitrous line. They're surprisingly tasty, and actually pretty viciously juiced up with something - despite my caffeine desensitization, I actually got a little buzzy afterward.

Plus, they come in a can with a twist-off lid that seems like it's going to take your eye out the first time you open it. Maybe that's part of the Xtreem Rush®.

Their 'coffee' drinks aren't bad either. I'd rather have one of those than the dishwater-colored swill that's been burning on the hotplate for six hours at a Circle K at 3am in the middle of Nowhere.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
4/5/10 12:44 p.m.

www.hitmeshots.com

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
4/5/10 1:15 p.m.

I cant stop thinking about power thirst now.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
4/5/10 2:04 p.m.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
4/5/10 2:20 p.m.

Um, Jolt's still alive and well, despite Wet Planet Beverage's marketing department doing all they can to kill it.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
4/5/10 3:24 p.m.

If it can't be done on coffee or sweet tea, it doesn't need doing.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
4/5/10 4:43 p.m.

I don't drink any caffiene period.

DaveEstey wrote: I drove from New Jersey to Iowa in one sitting and only drank water and Snapple Peach iced tea.

Nice. I did Newark to St. Louis last fall, after a raging night of boozing with no chemical help.

When I finally hit the bed at midnight, I was out. Don't think I've ever slept that hard ever.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/5/10 5:13 p.m.

I prefer Powerthirst:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=t-3qncy5Qfk&feature=related

Pseudosport
Pseudosport New Reader
4/5/10 5:51 p.m.

One thing I noticed is if you drink 2-3 red bulls within 6 hours you pee green.

paul
paul Reader
4/5/10 6:24 p.m.

Best energy drink:

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
4/5/10 6:27 p.m.

Coffee is the lifes blood of the universe. Without coffee the world would die!

Mostly because if I don't get my morning coffee I would kill anyone I come in contact with.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/10 7:28 p.m.

I have friends who cannot even contemplate starting the day without a red bull... and then they look at me funny when i pull a 20 hour day, get 4 hours of sleep.. and do another 16.. and drink nothing that will give me a "jolt"

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez New Reader
4/5/10 7:37 p.m.

If I had my choice of poison for a long drive, I'd get some bananas & vietnamese coffee. Maybe sprinkle some MSG on the bananas to simulate some pho or bahn mi in your gut. Fresh undies may or may not be needed in the event of wet farts. I've munched no-doz & redbull, but nothing gives me the buzz of cafe sua da.

alex
alex Dork
4/5/10 8:13 p.m.

Man, you're making my lunch decision tomorrow an easy one.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
4/5/10 8:40 p.m.

I drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee in the AM and that's it. My few experiences with Red Bull were not good ones. I stay away from crap like that.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Reader
4/5/10 10:41 p.m.

I pretty much live off Rockstar Sugar Free (white can) Diet Dew 1 Liters, and recently the silos of Red Bull Diesel (with sugar). Somewhat wakes me up, but doesnt make me jittery any more. If I dont have any carbonated goodness on the way to work, I will probably have 4-5 16oz cups of coffee between 7 and 10 AM. I get a little fidgety around 11AM, but other than that, good to go. I try to abstain from all soda and energy drink during the week and just rock the stuff on the weekends.

When I lived in Platteville and was attending college, it was not unusual for for and one of my roommates to knock off a handle of Jager and 3x 4 packs of Rockstar and then head to the taverns. I suppose I have built up a tolerance.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
4/6/10 6:58 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: I drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee in the AM and that's it. My few experiences with Red Bull were not good ones. I stay away from crap like that.

That car is actually a local car. They ran a few times with SCCA at Lakeland Community College. Kinda a funny car to watch

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
4/6/10 7:23 a.m.

I used to be a caffeine hound, but after reading up on adrenal fatigue I've quite (admittedly for about the 4-5th time in my life) I only drink caffeine free Espresso and tea and I know I should cut those out too, but damn I just love the taste. The only caffeinated drink I have is the occasional Green tea for the anti oxidants. I quit all carbonated sodas a long time ago, I'm not sure what's more dangerous, high fructose corn syrup or the crap in 'diet' drinks. I still like the very occasional coke if I can find the real sugar stuff which is normally available around pass over.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
4/6/10 9:18 a.m.
cwh wrote: Great. Now I'm still wired, and now frightened. More rum, more herb. Arrgghh. I DO learn from my mistakes.

Sounds like you need some of this:

http://www.drankbeverage.com/

No, i'm not kidding. Yes. This is for real. Don't call me racist. I bought one of these last night and the cashier thought i was a maniac because i was laughing so hard. I will post pics as proof tonite.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
4/6/10 9:20 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Mexican Coke FTW!

Shawn

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
4/6/10 10:19 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Sounds like you need some of this: http://www.drankbeverage.com/ No, i'm not kidding. Yes. This is for real. Don't call me racist. I bought one of these last night and the cashier thought i was a maniac because i was laughing so hard. I will post pics as proof tonite.

Crap, that stuffs valarian root and melatonin. BAsicaly liquid sleeping pills! I hope there's a strong warning on the label about not driving, using machinary etc!!!

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
4/6/10 10:35 a.m.

I miss the old Morning Thunder tea. As in how it was formulated back in the 70's. Now-a-days, it's not much. But back in the day, oye! What a kick in the pants it was.

I've had one Red Bull. Interesting. Mild and smooth, nothing like goat pee at all. Mild lift, no thrashing of vibrating.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
4/6/10 10:38 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: Sounds like you need some of this: http://www.drankbeverage.com/ No, i'm not kidding. Yes. This is for real. Don't call me racist. I bought one of these last night and the cashier thought i was a maniac because i was laughing so hard. I will post pics as proof tonite.
Crap, that stuffs valarian root and melatonin. BAsicaly liquid sleeping pills! I hope there's a strong warning on the label about not driving, using machinary etc!!!

Actually, it doesn't have that warning, though it DOES say that it "may" cause drowsiness, and not to exceed two cans a day.

As a bonus, though, it's REALLY tasty. Possibly the best tasting non-alcoholic carbonated beverage i've EVER had.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Reader
4/6/10 10:47 a.m.

I tried red bull and the like but it only made me jittery. I really do like the 5 Hour Energy stuff because I get a boost but not the shakes and it's mostly vitamins and low cal. I save them for emergency use only, though. I see people chugging enegy drinks like soda and it terrifies me. Of course, living with a soda can in hand terrifies me as well...

The energy gels in the cycling world are great - I use them on the bike all the time. They are mostly blends of simple and complex carbs that support extended muscle use, sometimes with trace caffiene. They generally don't boost awareness or energy in most cases, they just provide easily accessable food for your muscles so you don't bonk.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/10 11:26 a.m.

I will say this about redbull.. one of the guys I work will likes it.. and generally pours it into a glass before drinking.. it looks a LOT like (goat) pee in a glass

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gk00wyw0IVz8h2q0Nn1XeZO1qIVjBgIPlXZlmqXpBvWcYicK3eZ65SfSqIAf3s3D