1 2
Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
7/20/14 6:47 p.m.

I'm on #2 and selling it now. Both '95's, and both the coolest ever. I'll hopefully own another. I like the E36 better than the E46, why, I don't know. I think it's the looks.

fiesta54
fiesta54 New Reader
7/20/14 9:06 p.m.

I had just stopped doing my daily e36 m3 searches and now you have me doing it again

M3Loco
M3Loco Reader
7/25/14 10:22 p.m.

Once I get tired of the Miata, I'll definitely get one. I'd like to keep the MCoupe as a yearly HPDE and weekend driver. I scour the auction sites all the time.. waiting on that deal.. Never know, if they valuate one wrong, I'll jump on it.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
7/25/14 10:39 p.m.
M3Loco wrote: Once I get tired of the Miata, I'll definitely get one. I'd like to keep the MCoupe as a yearly HPDE and weekend driver. I scour the auction sites all the time.. waiting on that deal.. Never know, if they valuate one wrong, I'll jump on it.

I'm with you, except that I'm already tired of the miata
(specifically, how useless it is at anything other than driving quickly and that I don't fit)

A coworker autocrosses and tracks an E30, keeps telling me to get into one of those.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
7/26/14 10:02 a.m.

Is it just me, or does anyone else read this thread title and hear Andy Serkis as Gollum?

M3Loco
M3Loco Reader
7/30/14 9:30 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote:
M3Loco wrote: Once I get tired of the Miata, I'll definitely get one. I'd like to keep the MCoupe as a yearly HPDE and weekend driver. I scour the auction sites all the time.. waiting on that deal.. Never know, if they valuate one wrong, I'll jump on it.
I'm with you, except that I'm already tired of the miata (specifically, how useless it is at anything other than driving quickly and that I don't fit) A coworker autocrosses and tracks an E30, keeps telling me to get into one of those.

I've had 3 E30's already. sold my last one last year. Decided on a more disposable vehicle with an AIRBAG (per mom's request)..

I'll get another one soon..

smog7
smog7 Dork
7/30/14 10:54 p.m.

How reliable are these engines? Most e36 m3's I find have 140k or more miles. Will these engines hit 200k with basic maintenance?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/30/14 11:05 p.m.

When I asked this question a little while ago the consensus appears to be that yes, they should 200k miles fine if looked after.

Most of them aren't.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
7/31/14 8:06 a.m.
trucke wrote: Buy one! NOW! Every time I drive this car I question why I am selling it, but alas a third row people mover is on its way! This is an extremely fun car to have in the mountains. Own an icon, a 1997 BMW M3. Rare 4 door 5 speed black over tan leather. 3.2 liter inline 6, Fast and Fun! Tasteful mods include lightweight flywheel, shark tune, exhaust, adjustable coilovers, camber plates, autosolutions ultimate shift kit. 200,000 miles, $ 8,750. http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/4571117615.html

This car, with the right driver, is amazing. A consistent FTD holder in BSP. For a second I thought Trucke had bought it. I really, really, really, wish I had the coin for it. Looks stock (a bit low) but is hooked up. Grip for days, very well developed. I believe it is also a DD.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/31/14 8:24 a.m.
stroker wrote: Is it just me, or does anyone else read this thread title and hear Andy Serkis as Gollum?

I heard the "Nemesis!" guy's voice.

imarcr2
imarcr2 New Reader
7/31/14 9:04 a.m.

I had a chance to buy a pristine 99 several years ago at an estate sale and didn't pull the trigger and regretted it for 2 years until the guy that bought it offered it up for sale. I didn't let it get away and am now the proud owner and given that everyone that sees it wants to buy it, I think I will hold on to it for a long time:)

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/31/14 3:21 p.m.

Life is short--- buy one!

It's the best car I've ever owned. Come to think of it.....it may be the best car I've ever driven-- and I've driven a lot of different cars.

BMW really hit the sweet spot with these. They have their flaws, but for driving pleasure and do-it all versatility they are an all-time great.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t2GZZxpJPjSvQ0V3t4fPjeUlCZzIHzZu5KPopGYVU7r5GkEQsYVhFROb0twmdCI0