1 2 3
SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/16/09 10:45 p.m.

It's like drifting, on feet.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/17/09 9:36 p.m.

ACORN...We help you get away with stuff.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/17/09 9:38 p.m.

How did a cool black jazz musician like Kevin Eubanks get such a white guy name?

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
9/17/09 9:41 p.m.

He's probably thankful for it... he's got a steady job playing music and serving as the hypeman for the whitest guy on earth.

orphancars
orphancars New Reader
9/17/09 10:13 p.m.
RexSeven wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote: Leno's a great car guy, but his comedy has always been too vanilla for me. He's just not all that funny.
Agreed. While I've always liked that Leno is a car guy, I was never impressed by Leno as a comedian. I've always prefered Conan O'Brien (because of his goofiness) and Craig Ferguson (because he is certifiably insane).
  • leventy bazillion!

Would love it if Leno was my neighbor. For late night comedy I tivo Craig Ferguson -- his Sept. 11th show was good.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt New Reader
9/17/09 10:40 p.m.

I like Leno and I do like his comedy. Knowing how much air-time he's spent trying to be funny I can see how it'd be difficult to hit a home run every night. Conan O'Brien is very funny. It's a different story about David Letterman, though

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/18/09 6:17 a.m.

I think it's getting funnier. "Ghosting" and "Cash for Flunkers" made me laugh out loud.

Margie

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/18/09 8:14 a.m.

I agree, Margie.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/18/09 8:15 a.m.

Of course, I always agree with Margie...

...if for no other reason than my own self-preservation!

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
9/18/09 8:18 a.m.
JeepinMatt wrote: I like Leno and I do like his comedy. Knowing how much air-time he's spent trying to be funny I can see how it'd be difficult to hit a home run every night. Conan O'Brien is very funny. It's a different story about David Letterman, though

letterman was funny back before all of his jokes were thinly veiled political comments

TJ
TJ HalfDork
9/18/09 9:36 a.m.

I like the fact that Jay is a car nut and has the means to live the dream, but I have to say I only ever watched the Tonight Show with him a handful of times and haven't seen the new show at all. Not sure I will tune in, I'm just not interested. I really have no interest in celebrities pitching their new movies/books/CD's.

They are making millions, and good for them, but they don't need my money as well.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/18/09 9:48 a.m.

ive heard a rumor that tonight's show will have that segment "Star in a Green Car Challenge", so we will have to wait and see...

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
9/18/09 9:56 a.m.
RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
9/18/09 9:59 p.m.

Saw Drew Barrymore take the electric Focus around the "track." One word: LAME.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt New Reader
9/18/09 10:02 p.m.
TJ wrote: I like the fact that Jay is a car nut and has the means to live the dream, but I have to say I only ever watched the Tonight Show with him a handful of times and haven't seen the new show at all. Not sure I will tune in, I'm just not interested. I really have no interest in celebrities pitching their new movies/books/CD's. They are making millions, and good for them, but they don't need my money as well.

That's true. I'm not really interested in celebrities and don't give a crap what the gossip is. I'm sure a few of them are good guys and gals and when they have something to say about something I'm interested in (like Leno and his cars, for example) I'll watch. But I hardly ever watch celebrity interviews on any show. I like the other stuff on Leno, Conan etc...

shuttlepilot
shuttlepilot Reader
9/18/09 10:37 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: Saw Drew Barrymore take the electric Focus around the "track." One word: LAME.

Saw Drew Barrymore's dress, Not Lame Dunno how she drove with those heels.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/18/09 10:50 p.m.

I've been preaching up and down that THAT is the focus they need to sell in the states, not the POS they've got now. that aside, they should have something similar to what Top Gear did with F1 drivers, just with great American roadracers, both past and present. hell, open it up to IRL and NASCAR drivers as well. just a thought...

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/19/09 8:18 a.m.

The interview with Mel Gibson last night was physically painful to watch.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/19/09 3:23 p.m.

After seeing the track and Drew Barrymore go round, i have a bad feeling this segment wont last long. The track is no where near long enough, and i blame this on celebrity's agents, scared their clients will have too much steam coming into a corner, overcook it and kablammo!!! Now, we have seen this is not the case by watching Top Gear's "Star in a reasonably priced car", but if this segment were to continue, i think they need to move to a better track, say The Streets of Willow, or something like that, not a parking lot converted into a kart track...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
9/19/09 5:20 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: The interview with Mel Gibson last night was physically painful to watch.

He must have been under the influence of something.

As far as the electric car and go kart track goes, I thought it was pretty lame. I suspect Jay was thinking of something closer to Top Gear before the network executives got hold of it.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
9/19/09 6:52 p.m.

TG has the benefit of being filmed next to an airfield.

mcniggles
mcniggles
9/20/09 3:17 p.m.

rusty rabbit whos the girl in your avatar?

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/24/09 10:28 a.m.

Did anyone see last nights episode with the Green car challenge?

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/09 12:51 p.m.

I didn't see it last night, but I did see Drew Barrymore on the track. Wow, what a terrible execution of the concept. All it needs is the Benny Hill theme song.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/24/09 1:02 p.m.

ya, she turned that chicane into a straight... ya its terrible. Last night they had Bob Costas and some other dude on, couldnt even figure out how the 5 point harness work, so they went with the 3 point stock system, and Jay kept saying "Built right here in the US in Detroit" when that car isnt available in the states... WHEN IS TOP GEAR COMING BACK????

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hpRjF0gNouQMeInzjXgRpR1hHmtEIe1WU0gK5LUZZYHN75b6pMTg7GXTVAwdtbfb