1 2
stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/3/15 12:12 p.m.

You can take solace in the fact that those 10 years were the best of his life. I'm sorry for your loss

I have a few questions about greyhounds as well. What is their temperment like? They seem pretty easy going. Do they bark a lot? Also, I would assume that since their coat is so short, they don't shed much? How true is that?

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
5/3/15 11:27 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle:

They shed moderately and are generally really quiet. They can be a bit whiny if they don't get attention, but essentially, they're like a gigantic canine feline. A lot of them are super mellow--like a stoned At-At.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
5/4/15 5:53 a.m.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
5/4/15 6:30 a.m.

Sounds like A great guy.. So sorry for your loss..

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
5/4/15 6:49 a.m.

So sorry for your loss.

Pet/hug your pets a little more today. Came home from an autocross last night to find one of my kitties had passed away. Poor guy was only 6. No idea what happened to him.

e46potenza
e46potenza Reader
5/4/15 7:11 a.m.

Wow man sorry for your loss. My pups are my best friends (people tend to be incredibly annoying). Sounds like you have an awesome family to help you through it though. And a family at home too

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/4/15 5:37 p.m.
gamby wrote: In reply to stanger_missle: They shed moderately and are generally really quiet. They can be a bit whiny if they don't get attention, but essentially, they're like a gigantic canine feline. A lot of them are super mellow--like a stoned At-At.

Good description. Great personalities. One negative that has to be mentioned is the specter of osteosarcoma, or bone cancer. 60% of the racing greyhound breed is diagnosed with it on a regular basis. 2 of our 3 were. One lived 4 years beyond diagnosis and it never returned. Old age took her. The other lasted just 9 months. Great strides have been made, but it's not gone yet. We'll be getting another certainly.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q1gborBXo675RsK8fJPbM3NEmojVu1TAmHOalcYV5VEltCVL6gMP5Zu6d8H8gKOy