1 2
Duke
Duke Dork
4/6/09 9:24 a.m.

Just happened to catch STS_ZX2's ride on the side bar there, and came up with the following thesis:

There is no car that isn't made better looking by installing some Kosei K1s.

I have nothing against ZX2s and think they look fine as is, but his pic just got me thinking that you can put those wheels on anything and instantly make it look better, faster, and more fun to drive.

Discuss (if you care to).

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
4/6/09 9:27 a.m.
Duke wrote: Just happened to catch STS_ZX2's ride on the side bar there, and came up with the following thesis: There is no car that isn't made better looking by installing some Kosei K1s. I have nothing against ZX2s and think they look fine as is, but his pic just got me thinking that you can put those wheels on anything and instantly make it look better, faster, and more fun to drive. Discuss (if you care to).

Can i add Enkei RPF1s to the list?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/6/09 10:41 a.m.

See also: Panasports

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
4/6/09 10:44 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: See also: Panasports

Can i modify that statement to include Miatas, Minis, and all cars made before 1990?

I don't think Panasports would look good on my car, but i could be wrong. Never seen them on one.

shuttlepilot
shuttlepilot New Reader
4/6/09 12:10 p.m.

Yeah, K-1's are timeless. Too bad K-1's are almost discontinued. If they were still making them, I'd order a custom drilled set for my minivan.

I can imagine a Model-T with K-1's. That would be bitchin. Panasports look good on older cars, but not all newer ones.

MCarp22
MCarp22 Reader
4/6/09 2:56 p.m.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/09 3:25 p.m.

I miss the RPF1s I had on my Tiburon... Shame Enkei is back to making ugly and heavy rims again

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
4/6/09 3:30 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I miss the RPF1s I had on my Tiburon... Shame Enkei is back to making ugly and heavy rims again

At least they still make the RPF1s though. They have a lot of good wheels still.... just unfortunately not many in a size i can use, and they ain't cheap.

It DOES make buying them on the used market ridiculous though. I just got a set of Enkei RP01s Limited Edition 16x8 5x100 +38mm offset, rare wheel, rarer size/bolt pattern.

For $350 shipped. They were $370 APIECE brand new. I was very happy.

captainzib
captainzib Reader
4/6/09 3:48 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I miss the RPF1s I had on my Tiburon... Shame Enkei is back to making ugly and heavy rims again

Love em. But I wish they were the right offset to put on my DSM.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 New Reader
4/6/09 3:48 p.m.
Duke wrote: Just happened to catch STS_ZX2's ride on the side bar there, and came up with the following thesis: There is no car that isn't made better looking by installing some Kosei K1s. I have nothing against ZX2s and think they look fine as is, but his pic just got me thinking that you can put those wheels on anything and instantly make it look better, faster, and more fun to drive. Discuss (if you care to).

what about a dodge dynasty?

Duke
Duke Dork
4/6/09 3:55 p.m.

My wife looks good in any hat, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Even a Dodge Dynasty would look better with a set of Kosei K1s.

[EDIT] I'm saying my wife is the K1 to the Dynasty's ridiculous hat, of course.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/6/09 4:11 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: I don't think Panasports would look good on my car, but i could be wrong.

You are. Panasports look good on everything. It's a rule.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
4/6/09 4:19 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: I don't think Panasports would look good on my car, but i could be wrong.

Can i get me some 16x8 5x100 +38 panasports? I'll try anything once!

Winston
Winston New Reader
4/6/09 4:47 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:

Nah, I have to agree with 93celica GT2. It definitely takes the right car for Panasports.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/09 5:15 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
At least they still make the RPF1s though. They have a lot of good wheels still.... just unfortunately not many in a size i can use, and they ain't cheap. It DOES make buying them on the used market ridiculous though. I just got a set of Enkei RP01s Limited Edition 16x8 5x100 +38mm offset, rare wheel, rarer size/bolt pattern. For $350 shipped. They were $370 APIECE brand new. I was very happy.

My mistake.. I had RPO1s on my tiburon... a very nice lightweight and pretty 5 spoke rim

gamby
gamby SuperDork
4/6/09 11:15 p.m.

Yeah, the K1's pretty much make any car look like a track/auto-x warrior. They scream "purposeful" to me.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
4/7/09 9:52 a.m.

The scream "bend easily, and you won't notice till after you buy them"

Joey

Clay
Clay Reader
4/7/09 10:33 a.m.

Here is some more evidence for the K1

The White SE-R is my old car...

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
4/7/09 11:30 a.m.

+1 on the Koseis, especially the white ones. Not so much on the RPF1s IMO. They just don't do it for me.

I would like to add that 13 X 8 Diamonds make pretty much any FWD vehicle look berkeleying mean:

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/7/09 1:19 p.m.

I personally prefer the O.Z. ultraleggera....those look good on ANYTHING.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
4/8/09 12:37 a.m.

MCarp, they looked just as good on my Z3 roadster.

OP, I agree: these wheels look good on everything. I think my 16" ones are going on my sisters 318. And hopefully I'll get a set for Lacy (Miata).

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
4/8/09 7:11 a.m.

I've thought about replacing the Dart's billet wheels with Panasports (or Minilites) if I ever go for a different size.

Not quite sure if K1s look right on a very large and heavy car like a '75 Cadillac. But anything reasonably lightweight, yeah.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing HalfDork
4/8/09 7:28 a.m.

16" K1s on my Miata

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
4/8/09 7:53 a.m.

The only qualifier I would make is they will make any smaller car look better. The spokes are too thin for a large car though....

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
4/8/09 8:07 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote:
Can i get me some 16x8 5x100 +38 panasports? I'll try anything once!

You need to talk to Hap at Superlite. I think he might be able to hook you up.

My father-in-law just put Panasports on his Saab 900. Yes, they look good.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7YmPTHUZj9X1ufBc0btOaClTUNK2AiuP7sC67wKkKW9wcWt8mpqjF0gRKJKb64aG