1 2 3 4
jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
5/12/15 12:31 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Remember back in 2010 when an MKS and a bunch of Euro cars raced up a mountain pass in Colorado?

Damn. Sounds like I missed some good stuff.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado HalfDork
5/12/15 12:33 p.m.

My name is Erick and I like burritos.

trucke
trucke HalfDork
5/12/15 12:35 p.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado wrote: My name is Erick and I like burritos.

Too much information...

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
5/12/15 12:52 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: Unfortunately, a generic screen name may not hide your identity. Some people are readily identified by their speech patterns, the way they write, their use of colloquialisms, or their described situation.

I actually called out a friend on a rather risqué Craigslist ad based entirely on how it was written.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
5/12/15 12:59 p.m.

Precisely the reason why I have to refrain from taking part in those discussions. Nothing personal, I'm entirely non-judgmental, but it's just far too trackable.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/12/15 1:03 p.m.
jimbob_racing wrote:
alfadriver wrote: Remember back in 2010 when an MKS and a bunch of Euro cars raced up a mountain pass in Colorado?
Damn. Sounds like I missed some good stuff.

It wasn't bad- it was just that they wanted me to post some sea level head to head data along with the comparison.

But this was the CM thread for it http://classicmotorsports.com/forum/grm/6-vs-8/14724/page1/

And it was the very end of the project that I had been working on since 2005.

Didn't expect someone to read the posts and e-mail me corrections.

But I also choose not to interact with some threads.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/12/15 1:09 p.m.

Obviously I have nothing to hide, given my username. I subscribe to the idea that if you're going to say something, you should be willing to put your name on it. But at the same time, I'm not one to post personal stuff online here or anywhere else, either.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
5/12/15 2:06 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: I post here and on Facebook, but I don't discuss health, income, marital status etc. People are free to do that, I just worry about it from time to time.

Oh yeah, I get what you mean now, I think there's a line for that stuff too.

Although this forum is different, I expect to see it from time to time here and also the genuine support/advice given in response.

I also expect to see it on facebook in the form of a trainwreck of crap I get tired of having to scroll past yet I still remain friends with these people because sometimes its so bad, its good. Internet gold type stuff.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
5/12/15 2:52 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: If it helps, I'm leaning against the divorce route. Cliff notes is that she needs more time to enjoy and unplug, I'm making her quit her part-time job. One day off a week isn't enough to keep one's sanity unless you're doing something that you're passionate about.
And I'm pressing on, petition has been filed and so has her waiver of service. Just need to get the decree ready and I'll be able to finalize it next week.

Mine is all done, for almost a month now. Just waiting on her to get the rest of her E36 M3 out of my house.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/15 3:02 p.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: Just waiting on her to get the rest of her E36 M3 out of my house.

...you're welcome

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
5/12/15 3:17 p.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: If it helps, I'm leaning against the divorce route. Cliff notes is that she needs more time to enjoy and unplug, I'm making her quit her part-time job. One day off a week isn't enough to keep one's sanity unless you're doing something that you're passionate about.
And I'm pressing on, petition has been filed and so has her waiver of service. Just need to get the decree ready and I'll be able to finalize it next week.
Mine is all done, for almost a month now. Just waiting on her to get the rest of her E36 M3 out of my house.

It sounds like ours may be a bit more amicable, I've still got the garage filled up with my tools (I moved out by my choice). Now just waiting until next week to get it done then we can proceed with the separation of house/car loans.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/12/15 3:28 p.m.

Hell, I've been on GRM since the first forum around '98, I'm not changing my screen name now.

NASA now has radar that can detect a human heartbeat underground, Google knows our every move(I swear they must be listening through my laptop mic based on some of their predictive advertising ). In this age, I don't think anyone can truly hide - IF the people with the resources are determined to search for/find you. So don't be one of those people. I also agree with the idea of using the same level of tact online that you would in face-to-face conversation.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
5/12/15 4:38 p.m.

In reply to petegossett: Pretty much this. I've never specifically said where I work or my real name but with some modest sleuthing most people could figure it out.

On the plus side, I don't think anything I've said is actionable. Have I bitched about my ex? Sure. Have I expressed my opinion that the legal system has flaws the size of Soviet Russia? Sure have. But nothing that could be slanderous or otherwise ileagal.

And I'm glad to have this forum to be able to vent a bit in a modest amount of anonymity. I like you guys and I know the feedback I get here is honest.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/12/15 4:39 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: The white powdery substance was protein powder to mix in drinks.

True story. I didn't feel anything but intense pain when it was introduced to my nose.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
5/12/15 4:44 p.m.

Reminds me of an old George Carlin bit.... he'd answer the phone, "'F' Hoover...."

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/12/15 4:52 p.m.

I'm really curious as to what bad things you think may happen? Government goons knocking on my door because I think Ford sucks? Some psycho stalker killer showing up at my work because I said Fords suck?

I, Nick Comstock, am here to say that Fords suck...I'll be waiting...

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/12/15 7:17 p.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

Where do you work so that we can say you suck, too.

Will
Will SuperDork
5/12/15 7:22 p.m.

Berkeley that e36 m3

Would post a pic,but the pottymouth filters can't handle that.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/12/15 7:30 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Don't take it personally, it's just business. You are working for the enemy, maybe in another life, some other existence where things were vastly different, we could have been friends. But as it stands, we have chosen our destiny, we are gladiators fighting on a field of righteousness and our fate is sealed.

Your move, nemesis

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
5/12/15 7:32 p.m.

Many employers take their employees' behaviour on social media very seriously.

Nick_Comstock wrote: I'm really curious as to what bad things you think may happen? Government goons knocking on my door because I think Ford sucks? Some psycho stalker killer showing up at my work because I said Fords suck? I, Nick Comstock, am here to say that Fords suck...I'll be waiting...
Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
5/12/15 7:35 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Obviously I have nothing to hide, given my username. I subscribe to the idea that if you're going to say something, you should be willing to put your name on it. But at the same time, I'm not one to post personal stuff online here or anywhere else, either.

This is pretty much the camp that I'm in. I make sure the gps data isn't embedded in my photos though. Don't post my address out there. I try not to put anyhing on the internet that I wouldn't say in person, I can be a shiny happy person from time to time, so I'm not perfect all the time but I'll own up to things I've said.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/12/15 7:52 p.m.

I ain't skurred. I'd rather people know me for exactly who I am, as opposed to hiding behind a pseudonym and going on perception. People that know me in person, they pretty much know I yam who I yam.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/12/15 7:58 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Many employers take their employees' behaviour on social media very seriously.

The exact phrase I use on my 20 something nieces and nephews, I'm just some old guy that doesn't get it.

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
5/12/15 8:03 p.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado wrote: My name is Erick and I like burritos.

Seem more like a sausage guy

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/12/15 8:08 p.m.

So an employer will look badly on an employee who goes on a forum that he or she has been active on for over a decade and asks a personal question about something that has been going on in there lives, looking for responses from people whom they have been interacting with almost daily for years? We're not talking about posting questionable selfies here, that is a completely different thing than what the OP was talking about.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M9b0GN6mFUzr8pkLqRRZDHubFH5HsckFrI8BFipQRyvvRux2gZbGVQkWJfof5jpi