John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/08 2:54 p.m.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/

minimac
minimac Dork
6/13/08 3:14 p.m.

I went to high school with Tim in Buffalo. I haven't seen him in a few years but he was a very witty guy. He'll be missed.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
6/13/08 3:47 p.m.

It's sad; he was so young. He was always one of my favorite political analyst/commentators.

He had a lot of kudos to his favor, not least of which is that Saturday Night Live kept a running parody of him.. that's one way to know you've "arrived"

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/08 4:04 p.m.

weak, he was one of the ones i actually liked/watched

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
6/13/08 4:38 p.m.

Damn, that's sad. He looked way younger than 58 too.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/14/08 8:47 a.m.

This is truly a loss to journalism. My wife was a HUGE Russert/MTP fan and is really bummed by this. The guy was a class act all the way.

It's sad not only for his family, but for consumers of news in general. We've lost a journalist, which will inevitably tip the balance toward a more sensational talking head. If anything good comes of this, I can only hope that his passing may serve as a wake up call to the news media that there is still a place for integrity in the profession.

Ehh, probably not.

jg

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
6/14/08 8:55 a.m.

It's definitely a terrible loss. The media could use a lot more journalists like him who did their homework on issues, asked real questions, and could stay level-headed.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
6/14/08 8:57 a.m.

What JG said.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
6/14/08 11:10 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: This is truly a loss to journalism. My wife was a HUGE Russert/MTP fan and is really bummed by this. The guy was a class act all the way. It's sad not only for his family, but for consumers of news in general. We've lost a journalist, which will inevitably tip the balance toward a more sensational talking head. If anything good comes of this, I can only hope that his passing may serve as a wake up call to the news media that there is still a place for integrity in the profession. Ehh, probably not. jg

+1. He was one of the good ones. He is what I thought of when I think of what a political journalist should be. I hav no idea what his personal politics were, but he would readily take anyone to task.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/15/08 12:31 a.m.

And yet Geraldo goes on. Life really isn't fair.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t New Reader
6/15/08 6:39 a.m.

Even after a day and half of reflection, it's hard to believe he's gone. I felt like he was a real friend to all us regular folks. The fact that he was my age probably makes it more personal to me.

He followed the truth no matter where it took him. That seemed to be his only agenda,.

He was a real journalist.

A tragic loss.....

DUTCH 73 tcs
DUTCH 73 tcs New Reader
6/15/08 1:54 p.m.
minimac wrote: I went to high school with Tim in Buffalo. I haven't seen him in a few years but he was a very witty guy. He'll be missed.

Another CHS grad here? Dutch

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Tn8tNsmXI0u50DMHqLa14fQGNItngjixlXCzYnN4Q7bnin8Bzf5CmSwn2kEKn1aJ