1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 225
Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/16 12:38 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

No info. I had half of a rotisserie chicken joke stuck in my head that I could not finish or get out. It was embarrassing to be in a situation where I couldn't complete a funny.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/6/16 1:54 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0aEnnH6t8Ts

Do you are least know what bus you were on????

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
9/6/16 2:25 p.m.

My Miata is named Brittany and co-drives are given freely and with abandon. I'll certainly be naming my next race car "Amy".

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/6/16 2:32 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad:

I want a Mclaren 12C spider...It will be named Amy as well...with the license plate of 3V0M

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/7/16 7:30 p.m.

TIL that my Volvo retails in the same region in the used-car spectrum, price-wise, as an E46 330xi.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
9/7/16 7:42 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: In reply to KyAllroad: I want a Mclaren 12C spider...It will be named Amy as well...with the license plate of 3V0M

Now that's win right there!

Knurled
9/8/16 5:50 p.m.

TIL that I am going to be driving to Indianola at the end of the month.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/8/16 5:53 p.m.

TIL that I enjoy driving a really nice 73 240Z more than a 2013 S4 with flappy paddles, and a flap in the exhaust to make it too loud.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/8/16 5:56 p.m.

As a bit of a followup to the above:

TIL what a real live California car is like to work on. I've been working on Z cars here and there since about 1980, when they were 5-10 years old. This 43 year old California car is the first one I've ever gotten the rear control arm pivot pins out of one without the use of a torch.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/8/16 5:57 p.m.

This is more of a "I've always known" than a TIL, but today it was reinforced that anybody who likes to delete mufflers is some kind of a flaming moron. Loud, fine. Deafening, no. Just no.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/8/16 6:31 p.m.

Til....

Vacuuming is WAY better than those swiffer things. Back to back comparison.. meaning I vacuumed after swiffering.... resulted in a full container on the vacuum.

Knurled
9/8/16 6:41 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: As a bit of a followup to the above: TIL what a real live California car is like to work on. I've been working on Z cars here and there since about 1980, when they were 5-10 years old. This 43 year old California car is the first one I've ever gotten the rear control arm pivot pins out of one without the use of a torch.

Okay, you're lying. That's not true. That's impossible.

NickD
NickD Dork
9/9/16 2:51 p.m.

TIL that I couldn't own a C7 Corvette. The lower seat bolsters are way too narrow for someone with a size 36 waist. I sit on top of the bolsters. Other than that, not bad, the seating position and everything felt very much like my Miata. And that soundtrack is great. Also, Shark Gray Metallic with the Kalahari top and interior is the way to go.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/16 6:33 p.m.

At Dunkin Donuts the plain bagels have more calories than a Boston cream donut. Guess I should be eating the donuts to keep on my diet.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
9/9/16 7:05 p.m.

Today I learned a good way to make a profit selling a factory replacement motor mount for a 2.8 v6 4wd S10 is listing it as a a required part for use with your swap kit and tripling the price.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/10/16 12:07 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
Streetwiseguy wrote: As a bit of a followup to the above: TIL what a real live California car is like to work on. I've been working on Z cars here and there since about 1980, when they were 5-10 years old. This 43 year old California car is the first one I've ever gotten the rear control arm pivot pins out of one without the use of a torch.
Okay, you're lying. That's not true. That's impossible.

Cross my heart. You should see how not ever wet not even once this car is.

java230
java230 Dork
9/10/16 3:33 p.m.

TIL it helps to put the drain plug in before filling with oil....

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/16 3:54 p.m.

TIL that bee stings still hurt. Even if you've gotten tattooed in the same place before, they still berking hurt.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
9/10/16 5:34 p.m.

TIL that a well built E36 M3 feels WAY faster than a 300C SRT8. The 6.1 has some serious push though...

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
9/10/16 9:51 p.m.
java230 wrote: TIL it helps to put the drain plug in before filling with oil....

I feel your pain, BTDT!

NickD
NickD Dork
9/12/16 8:25 a.m.

TIL that if I forget to warn people that my car doesn't have ABS, they will do their best to make make my tires into squares

Knurled
9/12/16 8:39 p.m.

TIL, this guy:

Is this guy:

java230
java230 Dork
9/12/16 10:08 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote:
java230 wrote: TIL it helps to put the drain plug in before filling with oil....
I feel your pain, BTDT!

Luckily I only got a little more than a quart in.... Don't be in a hurry!

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
9/13/16 9:44 a.m.

Yesterday and today I learned my 4 hour and 24 hour iodine uptake ability. Is there an LS swap equivalent for thyroids?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/16 8:09 p.m.

TIL (Thanks to my 10 year old). That racecar spelled backwards is racecar.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 225

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3LNfXzFuIiEf3rGd4QBk58a5W7ug1PMtFUZueG1r424K2jLsCO9jVbcbQNOXVIAr