03Panther
03Panther Dork
12/11/20 10:36 p.m.

yes

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/11/20 10:45 p.m.

In reply to WillG80 :

The Husky box is 24.5" deep and the Yukon is 18.25" deep. 

I thought the extra depth would be worthwhile.  Also, thought the extra room on the top work area would be nice.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/11/20 11:53 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) :

I bought Snap On and have never regretted my decision. Yes, Some new boxes are as good as my old Snap Ons. 
     But paying for a toolbox and tools each paycheck was an easy interest free way to acquire tools that have lasted my lifetime and still feel good and work perfectly. 

I use tools for work. You find out quick in my profession that snapon and chinese tools make the same sound when the hit the ocean or clatter under something in a deep bilge. I also get a kick out of using chinese tools to fix US war machines.

At home I have a gambit of tools from snapon, mac, blue point, craftsman, harbor freight. The higher end stuff came with the same deal where I got my previously posted tool chest.

I too bought the Husky box. 

I will be adding the 44" top cabinet from US General to it eventually, as well as adding an upper deck to my USG 5 drawer roll cart.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/12/20 11:13 a.m.

I'll put another vote in on the   HF General 42" box. I bought mine a couple years ago for 400 and added the 26" top chest.   

It's worked out very well.  

Now, I've been looking at the Yukon boxes to hold larger power tools.  But will probably build a wood workstation like this for woodworking tools

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
9/11/22 4:53 p.m.
RevRico said:

Go multiple boxes. One for mechanical, one for wood work, one for body.

Some day I'll be able to afford to follow my own advice. Having everything in 2 big boxes SUCKS for finding things or keeping them clean. 

Wood working tool boxes need a wood box.  
 While Snap on Boxes need the girlie clock.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0Jsg8Y5zvyKpAQduSIAocTw3o9UUEyryCgadCd15mKikLVEhHmDlDSsWqWLkmmmt