1 2
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/26/13 12:18 p.m.

Are the songs used on the BBCA airings different than the songs used on the "originals?"

There was a song on the Mastretta test last night that i'm not sure is the same as the ones listed over on final gear.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
2/26/13 12:30 p.m.

I know that they have changed the songs in the Vietnam Special with that Harley from broadcast to "rental". The one on my BBC channel played Born in the USA, while the one on Netflix played the Star Spangled Banner.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/26/13 12:31 p.m.
turboswede wrote: Keith, the point was that they previously were able to put out 6 full episodes plus the 2-hour special (that was in one episode, no waiting). We're getting gipped an hour of TGUK goodness.

yeah, but that's not a problem because it's not as good as it was.

The specials aren't always two hours. The Polar one was 1:10. Bolivia was 1:16. Africa was 1:06. Vietnam was 1:25. India was 1:30 but was awful. Ground Force was only 45 minutes but was too long anyhow.

Do we have confirmation that there won't be any more episodes this year other than the special?

I've got every TG episode salted away. Let me tell you, for all the guys who say how it's not as good as it was, go back and watch a random episode. They're as good as they ever were, it's just that you've forgotten the forgettable episodes and are expecting every one to be as good as the best.

And yes, they often have to change the music for the DVD/BBCA version.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/26/13 12:35 p.m.

Oh I agree completely, the first 2 seasons were awful when you go back and look at it now.

I've got them all downloaded and will play them on random in the garage while working on the car, etc.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/26/13 12:38 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

I agree. It's still entertaining and fun to watch. Sure not every episode or sketch is stunning, but it's usually good for a laugh. Even the P-45 sketch wasn't bad until they went to the business-pitch part. I didn't find that very funny, but I've always thought the series it's based on was boring as well.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/26/13 2:54 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I usually skip the SIARPC section, especially when it is a local "celebrity" that I have never heard of. I was about to skip over Amy McDonald, whoever that is, when I got sidetracked. Turns out, she is my new idol. She is a singer/songwriter of some sort, and she works hard to make great albums so that she can afford awesome cars. Her goal was an R8, and she bought the V8, then the V10 then the GT. Then moved onto a Ferrari 458. And she really knows her stuff, and was pretty good behind the wheel. I am off to buy her album. Even if it sucks, proceeds go to a cause I support!

I was surprised to see her on there. I have her first album but hadn't listened to it for awhile. The first album is good but I haven't listened to any of the subsequent ones.

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing Reader
2/26/13 3:25 p.m.

^ She is also a berkeleying 12

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/26/13 3:29 p.m.
BoneYard_Racing wrote: ^ She is also a berkeleying 12

um, try 25. Calm the eff down would ya?

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
2/26/13 3:35 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

I don't think he meant 12yrs old..

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/26/13 3:49 p.m.

I have not been as pleased with this season as I have been with the last couple. I didn't particularly care for the old people car, but the bit with The Drawer of Jeremy was funny, and caused my girlfriend to say "That is also the drawer of Brad..."

I liked the Mastretta review, but I wish they hadn't played up the "Mexicans hate us" thing. I guarantee that Richard Hammond was not recognized by a single Mexican resident. Sure, the average Mexican spends their time illegally downloading an English program about cars... RIGHT.

Also, why did it not go for a Stig lap?

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
2/27/13 1:14 a.m.

They drew a dick and ballz with burnt rubber. Let me say that again, they drew a dick and ballz with burnt rubber.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/27/13 9:14 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: They drew a dick and ballz with burnt rubber. Let me say that again, they drew a dick and ballz with burnt rubber.

I know right!?!?! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/13 9:21 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Appleseed wrote: They drew a dick and ballz with burnt rubber. Let me say that again, they drew a dick and ballz with burnt rubber.
I know right!?!?! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!

"Hello, Lexus Customer Care" "I just drew a gentleman's sausage and I need to run away!"

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 9:51 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I usually skip the SIARPC section, especially when it is a local "celebrity" that I have never heard of. I was about to skip over Amy McDonald, whoever that is, when I got sidetracked. Turns out, she is my new idol. She is a singer/songwriter of some sort, and she works hard to make great albums so that she can afford awesome cars. Her goal was an R8, and she bought the V8, then the V10 then the GT. Then moved onto a Ferrari 458. And she really knows her stuff, and was pretty good behind the wheel. I am off to buy her album. Even if it sucks, proceeds go to a cause I support!

It didn't hurt that she was scottish, loaded, and pretty attractive.......

I am convinced that this segment solidifies everything..... http://youtu.be/5Q0Svvdrx_E

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
2/27/13 10:03 a.m.

Not only that, but they did it in the Supulveda Dam wash. That wash is right next to the 405 101 freeway intersection. Those marks tend to last for a while. I am tempted to go over there and see if you can still see it.

I am pretty sure you can see the wash pretty clearly if you are on the right side of an airliner that is landing at Burbank airport using its standard approach. Also likely visible for planes departing Van Nuys Airport.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
2/27/13 10:20 a.m.

Quick! Someone do it again! Nothing bad has ever come from imitating what people do on TV!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
2/28/13 7:16 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
Not only that, but they did it in the Supulveda Dam wash. That wash is right next to the 405 101 freeway intersection. Those marks tend to last for a while. I am tempted to go over there and see if you can still see it. I am pretty sure you can see the wash pretty clearly if you are on the right side of an airliner that is landing at Burbank airport using its standard approach. Also likely visible for planes departing Van Nuys Airport.

If only it got snapped for google maps :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s2RIGzBMpeA10LO2EVN7U40gWKAKvtcakZd2N9tNiPRZ0aoBsNHd80IWRVTblk1r