1 ... 3 4 5 6
Will
Will SuperDork
4/19/14 7:57 a.m.
chuckles wrote: Has no one mentioned "From Dusk Til Dawn" by the incomperable Roberto Rodriguez? It's got your vampires, and Trejo and George Cloony and Tarentino and Salma Hayek. Completly over the top. Best B movie ever.

FTFY

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
4/19/14 10:22 a.m.

Dont know if anyone mentioned them but any and all Toxic Avenger films, The class of nukem high, and anything else made by Troma films

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
4/19/14 10:26 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
rebelgtp wrote: In reply to Rufledt: I see your Chevy ad with a two hour ad for the Ford Mustang in the new Need For Speed movie.
That it was, but it at least was better than I had expected

Need for speed was about what was expected for a movie developed from a video game

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
4/19/14 10:28 a.m.

Calling it now, godzilla is gonna be hot garbage

travellering
travellering New Reader
4/19/14 8:12 p.m.

A couple weeks ago we made the mistake of renting The Bag Man. Do not do this! It has DeNiro, John Cusack, the "little person" from Parts of the Caribbean, and still looks like a movie that wasn't good enough to be even straight to videotape in the Blu-ray age.

lewbud
lewbud HalfDork
4/19/14 9:03 p.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Calling it now, godzilla is gonna be hot garbage

I see your radioactive lizard and raise you with The Expendables 3.

Will
Will SuperDork
4/19/14 9:38 p.m.
lewbud wrote:

Can someone explain to me why Kelsey Grammer is in that movie?

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
4/19/14 10:12 p.m.
Will wrote:
lewbud wrote:

Explanation!!! You want an explanation? There is no rhyme or reason to that movie

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
4/20/14 12:05 a.m.

What the curse word am I watching right now?!?!?

Jerry
Jerry Dork
4/20/14 12:24 p.m.

Some would call this a "bad" movie, I think it's awesome even today. I saw it was on Netflix instant & watched it last night.

Will
Will SuperDork
4/20/14 3:25 p.m.
ryanty22 wrote:
Will wrote:
lewbud wrote:
Explanation!!! You want an explanation? There is no rhyme or reason to that movie

Well, the Expendables movies are a mess, sure. But at least the casting in the first couple movies more or less made sense--it was a reunion for every 80s action star, and some MMA fighters/pro wrestlers thrown in. They were all "tough guys" one way or another. Now you have the third one, and you read through the cast: Stallone, Statham, Arnold, Banderas, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford...all guys at least somewhat known for action roles, even if some/most of them are punchlines at this point in their careers.

And then there's Frasier.

stroker
stroker Dork
4/21/14 10:36 p.m.

In reply to Will:

Too bad "Niles" couldn't have been the Villain.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/21/14 11:04 p.m.

Is it wrong that I am so bored at work that I'm now looking at this thread for suggestions on what TO watch?

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
4/22/14 6:27 a.m.

I watched "The Station Agent" a couple weeks back. It deserves to be in this thread, although it is not bad in a good way - it is just bad.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
4/22/14 10:41 a.m.

Transcendence made me want the lost time of my life back.......Depp is on a hell of a losing streak lately.

mapper
mapper Reader
4/22/14 11:04 a.m.

Hammer of the Gods

An action movie with Vikings! This should be good! Wrong Most of the movies I watch anymore are free from Amazon or Netflix and sometimes free is still too much.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/22/14 11:24 a.m.

Worst movies I have paid to see recently, Gravity and Man of Steel. Both of them sucked.

Terrible movies I have watched that I knew were bad, Nude Nuns with Big Guns, Zombie Strippers, basically anything by Troma

Movies I hate that lots of people like for some reason Fight Club, Napoleon Dynamite

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
4/22/14 11:26 a.m.
Will wrote:
lewbud wrote:

He's out of blow?

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
4/22/14 11:37 a.m.
Will wrote:
lewbud wrote:

He is also in the new X-Men and Transformers movies that are coming out this summer.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/22/14 12:33 p.m.

SWMBO made me watch Napoleon Dynamite and Super Troopers (and Titanic as well). ND I sat there for the majority of it going, "WTF am I watching" but I will admit I laughed my ass off for some reason at the "delicious bass" line at the end. Super Troopers.... probably is a whole hell of a lot more entertaining drunk/high, but for someone like me who is neither of those it didn't live up to the extremely high expectations SWMBO set for how uproariously funny it was. Titanic was too damn long, but more interesting for the fact we had gone to the Titanic exhibit that was in town earlier that day.

I actually really enjoyed Pacific Rim- but pretty much purely for the fact that it's a mecha & kaiju fan's dream. Sure, not a lot of it made sense (yeah, why don't you lead with the chainsaw sword?) and there were more than a few things that had the engineer in me wanting to check out (that ship would have fallen apart the moment they tried to pick it up out of the water much less dragging it down a street, you'd need THOUSANDS of helicopters to airlift one of those metal monstrosities and not the dozen or so they were using) but as the Honest Movie Trailer says- "It's either the most awesome dumb movie ever made, or the dumbest awesome movie ever made!"

Keep meaning to rent Iron Sky- after all the movies SWMBO has been insisting I watch it's about time I start throwing some her way. Though I suppose as far as eye candy goes I can't complain that she insisted on renting The Wolf of Wall Street.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/22/14 12:37 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Worst movies I have paid to see recently, Gravity and Man of Steel. Both of them sucked. Terrible movies I have watched that I knew were bad, Nude Nuns with Big Guns, Zombie Strippers, basically anything by Troma Movies I hate that lots of people like for some reason Fight Club, Napoleon Dynamite

I thought Man of Steel was decent.

The whole premise of Gravity puzzles me. These people would never be astronauts.

Louis CK sums it up pretty well for me. (NSFW - Language)

http://youtu.be/nUjGIVNIBdw

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
4/22/14 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun:

Don't diss super troopers, you definitely don't need to be drunk/high to get it.......thats what you need to be to understand Harold & Kumhar flicks.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/22/14 12:41 p.m.

Watched "Stand Off" Sunday night. Terrible.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/22/14 12:44 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Some would call this a "bad" movie, I think it's awesome even today. I saw it was on Netflix instant & watched it last night.

Agreed. Great satire of almost every action movie made.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/22/14 12:47 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Ashyukun: Don't diss super troopers, you definitely don't need to be drunk/high to get it.......thats what you need to be to understand Harold & Kumhar flicks.

As I said- I think it was mostly for how much SWMBO had built it up as being one of the funniest movies she knew of. It was certainly funny, I just wasn't laughing as much as I thought I should have been from her talking it up.

Can't believe I forgot- we rented and watched Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, and I'd put that up there as well as being bad. Nowhere near as funny as the first IMO, and the only really funny parts were the newsteam fight for all the bizarre cameos and pretty much all of Steve Carell's scenes.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T3616FpuMLpMh0z1EGywPvhzmVRDIGY5LRiS9YFR18pLnCUA5GrWzioynwIPxTdR