1 2 3
J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
6/4/24 1:18 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/4/24 1:20 p.m.

Dr. Pepper is an amazing soda (pop/coke/whatever stupid name you call it).  It earned its spot.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/4/24 1:25 p.m.

They're both too sweet by half.

Then again, the last few times I've had real Coke, it seems like they've changed their formula for the worse, too.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/4/24 1:53 p.m.
Duke said:

Then again, the last few times I've had real Coke, it seems like they've changed their formula for the worse, too.

Coke needs to stop futzing around with "Space Flavor" and "Pixel Flavor" and all this other bullE36 M3, and just put the cocaine back in. Cowards.

Motojunky
Motojunky New Reader
6/4/24 2:05 p.m.

I mostly don't drink soda anymore. If Dr. Pepper and Pibb Xtra (the artist formerly known as Mr. Pibb) didn't exist, I would never drink soda. As it stands today, they are rare treats. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/4/24 2:11 p.m.

I never developed a taste for Dr. Pepper. I'm a cola guy all the way.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
6/4/24 2:15 p.m.

I think the Good Dr is gaining ground cause they finally started adding other flavors than "mystery"

I will say, though.  I cant do the Coconut Dr Pepper at work.  Tastes too much like I need to top it off with Bacardi or Malibu.  After hours though, it's mighty tasty

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/4/24 2:16 p.m.

If I drink three carbonated soft drinks in a year, that's three too many!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/4/24 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I tried Malibu.  The taste wasn't terrible but the smell made me feel like I was drinking suntan lotion.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/24 2:48 p.m.

Dr Pepper is the best prune soda or whatever it is, and Pepsi is the worst major cola. I'm not shocked folks opt for the former over the latter when Coke and RC aren't available.

Weird. I went to check that I wasn't being silly about when it would be available, but it's apparently Keurig in the US, PepsiCo in Canada, and Coke in UK and some others...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
6/4/24 3:05 p.m.

Can we at least agree that Cheerwine is disgusting?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/4/24 3:07 p.m.

Dr, Pepper likely has the best diet version.  It tastes pretty similar to the original. 

Diet Coke and Pepsi essentially taste nothing like the originals.

Driven5
Driven5 PowerDork
6/4/24 3:12 p.m.

I'm trying to think of a worse tasting category of soda than colas... Nope. I've got nothing.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/4/24 3:17 p.m.

In reply to prodarwin :

I could take or leave Cheerwine. Cherry Lemon Sun Drop may be the greatest soda ever to grace the planet. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
6/4/24 3:30 p.m.

It would be nice if Ironport made a comeback...

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/4/24 3:34 p.m.
prodarwin said:

I can neither agree nor disagree, based on the fact that I've never heard of it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/4/24 3:48 p.m.
prodarwin said:

Nope, sorry, can't agree.

I would far rather have Cheerwine than any other cola-based product except genuine Coca-cola.

Katie Wilson
Katie Wilson Advertising Coordinator
6/4/24 3:55 p.m.

If we're talking about nasty soda that we love dearly, I'd like to vote for Grape Crush.

The fakest grape flavor ever to exist and enough sugar to make a horse hyper, but man is it delicious. 

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/24 4:03 p.m.

I never liked Dr Pepper.  When I was young people said it tasted like carbonated prune juice.   I have to agree with them.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
6/4/24 4:18 p.m.

Coke Zero, or Pepsi Zero is all that ever passes these lips. How Dr. Pepper got to #2 I'll never understand.

jgrewe
jgrewe Dork
6/4/24 4:36 p.m.

I saw Dr. Pepper described as bar-b-que flavored Sprite and I can't argue with that description.

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
6/4/24 4:39 p.m.

Dr Pepper is my 2nd favorite, after Mtn Dew. Mixed together 50/50 to make Dr Dew is awesome!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
6/4/24 4:42 p.m.
llysgennad said:

Dr Pepper is my 2nd favorite, after Mt Dew. Mixed together 50/50 to make Dr Dew is awesome!

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
6/4/24 4:52 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I double-dog dare you to try it. I've made many believers!

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
6/4/24 5:45 p.m.

Dr.Pepper tastes just like Cherry Coke to me.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q4DImb19nlJ5MZhwYGvpeDvX4WeUveiz8KWjNlWxnI0zmbJEmTBVec61keRwg2vD