1 2 3 4
HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
12/24/12 11:38 a.m.

I'm not an overly materialistic guy, but it's always fun to see what people have received. Funny enough for myself, I don't really "expect" or "want" anything for Christmas except to be able to hang out with my friends (no GF at the time), visit my parents, and eat lots of good food. Really, I can buy whatever I want for myself within reason, so I prefer the memories

If I had to say I got something for Christmas, it would probably be a $5k bill to fix this (ouch). At least the car isn't written off and I'll be back for the first event of the season, so Merry Christmas to me! :

Comes on guys, lets see what Santa has left under your tree

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
12/24/12 11:45 a.m.

I bought myself a new bike a couple months ago...called it a Christmas present. Not cleaning it up and bringing it in the house to put next to the the tree though. (Pic taken from manufacturer's site - not my actual bike - mine has been dirty since October.)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/24/12 11:47 a.m.

Battery powered impact. So far, thats it. I'll be at work while my family meets up, but hey, I'll catch up later.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
12/24/12 11:56 a.m.

A machinest's tool box that was made 60 years ago in the town I am living in now. After a few years of building up the workshop with tools as Christmas presents I am pretty lucky and didn't have much to ask for this year.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/24/12 1:38 p.m.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
12/24/12 1:43 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Battery powered impact. So far, thats it. I'll be at work while my family meets up, but hey, I'll catch up later.

I would love one of these! Almost bought one for myself but money has been tight and with starting a new job in four weeks I didn't get myself anything other than extra batteries for my cell phone. Most of my shopping has been for my wife and son.
I am, however, holding out for one of these for my birthday next month: http://www.waterrower.com/shop_us/index.php?cPath=21 I'm not sure which one yet, though.
Merry Christmas everybody! Hope everybody has a great holiday season this year.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
12/24/12 1:46 p.m.

I just got a little HF trailer that I'm going to turn into a camping trailer! :D

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
12/24/12 3:24 p.m.

Got myself a simpson pro rage head and neck restraint.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/24/12 3:50 p.m.

Nothing yet, but I have my eye on a few things...

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/24/12 5:18 p.m.

Angry and annoyed.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/24/12 6:41 p.m.

My kids!!

Somthing I wrote earlier today:

Do you believe in Santa? A tough question when it comes from a child. Thinking about it I came to realise that although Santa may not fly through the sky and mysteriously drop presents under every tree Santa is bigger than that. Santa brings us all together for one night to give thanks for what we have. Santa helps us forgive those that have done us wrong. Santa brings good cheer. Santa helps us remember those that are not with us any more. Santa also lets us adults remember what it is like to be a child again. We get to see the wonder and amazement as they stair in to the sparkling Christmas tree. The excitement of coming down the stairs to find a present with there name on it. This is what Santa does. So staring down at my son I answer him. "Ya I believe in Santa."
thestig99
thestig99 Reader
12/24/12 7:04 p.m.

Crock pot, wallet, memory foam pillow, shirt, food, and a day with the family.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
12/24/12 9:28 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Angry and annoyed.

So another successful Christmas then.

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
12/24/12 10:46 p.m.

My family celebrates on Christmas Eve, so we opened presents already. Got a few books, a tie, and a small camcorder. I am excited to see what this camcorder can do, though I don't expect anything like go pro. I have a ski trip to Montana after new years and it would be sweet to catch some video.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
12/24/12 11:22 p.m.

A set of stamped Wusthofs for the wife and I from my parents, money is tight but Dad had around 50-60k airline 'miles' left over from his last job.

Beyond that, no idea what I'm getting from my wife or the in-laws.

alex
alex UltraDork
12/24/12 11:32 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: I just got a little HF trailer that I'm going to turn into a camping trailer! :D

Gonna need a build thread on this. Knowing you, it has high potential for awesome.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
12/24/12 11:55 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: I just got a little HF trailer that I'm going to turn into a camping trailer! :D

So, I'm sure you know about this site, then: Tiny travel trailers

I got an oxy-acetelyne torch set and a flux welder. Wife thought she was buying me a mig. So, I'm shipping both back for the right one. ( no big deal)

-Rob

alex
alex UltraDork
12/25/12 12:17 a.m.

I got a nice bottle of whiskey - Redemption rye - that I'm already working through, and tickets to see They Might Be Giants in town and Sigur Ros up in Chicago, both of which promise to be spectacular shows.

I'm also currently enjoying some of my gifts to my girlfriend: a couple Ella Fitzgerald records, "Like Someone in Love" and "Ella Abraça Jobim," the former of which has some of the most simply beautiful cover art I've lately encountered.

Kenny Burrell is also keeping us company by the light of the tree tonight - my gift to myself. His 1966 Christmas record "Have Yourself A Soulful Little Christmas" is one of the earlier jazz records to tackle seasonal music in a multitude of styles. His take on Silent Night is a really cool mashup of church/jazz and Miles' All Blues. Really a fantastic album with great guitar and brilliantly understated string arrangements. Most of all, this emphatically does NOT sound like a record made in 1966 - if I told you somebody recorded this last year, you wouldn't bat an eye. Impressive stuff. Timeless.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
12/25/12 2:08 a.m.

Leather riding jacket, LED headlights for my scooter, and the Wi-Fi BacPac for my GoPro.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
12/25/12 6:40 a.m.

The ability to move under my own free will. . . Other than that, a TF300T tablet and a Sony A/V receiver.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/25/12 6:49 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Angry and annoyed.
So another successful Christmas then.

You win this round, Santa.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
12/25/12 7:59 a.m.

WilberM3
WilberM3 Dork
12/25/12 8:25 a.m.

new SA2010 helmet for this season, and if it all works out thursday a free 944 from a customer at work

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/25/12 8:26 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

Awesome!!!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/12 8:28 a.m.

New camera!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners