bravenrace PowerDork
4/9/13 3:31 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

I'm not a pilot. I'm a musician.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
4/9/13 3:34 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

but that is not about an Ipad. you could insert the name of ANY tablet everywhere you said ipad in that statement. (windows, android, blackberry or ipad)

but, the updating and needing another PC thing.. that IS an ipad thing. androids can be updated without a PC. they really standalone.

on the usability factor: it seems the only people that find ipads easier to use, used ipads for a long time before trying something else. I personally find android easier, but I have been using it, since the Original droid days, and only picked up an ipad for the first time a couple months ago... and then set it back down so I could go back to my android.

what you need to do is decide what you want a device to do, and then play with the one you think fits best. then if you still think it is worth cost, you should get it.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
4/9/13 3:46 p.m.

In reply to SCARR:

I agree with you, it is not limited to I Pads, that is the one that I have most recently used. In 2000 or 2001 I flew a Lear 31 that had a touch screen tablet developed for aviation use. I can not remember what it was called. It was superior for ease of use and visible in the brightest of conditions.Unfortunately it cost about $10,000.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
4/9/13 3:52 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

I wonder if a kindle reader could be set up for what you need. they have E-ink, they have no backlight (same visibility as paper.. heck looks a lot like paper.)

and those e-ink kindles are CHEAP. (black and white doesn't sell so good)

or... even the kindle paperwhite (has the OPTION to turn on a blacklight when it is dark...)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3a5h4fkreHC9PbWaVZOj42v6z6V66lRacO7AO0mADo8KxugXdWnfYugxnrdXD0TS