1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/9/16 7:28 p.m.

There is/was an online comic called VG Cats. In one of the older comics, Leo uses a rat like a flail. They later put it on a t-shirt. That's the image I stole. I only can imagine the confusion if I ever changed it.

miatafan
miatafan GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/9/16 8:30 p.m.

Just my ND Club

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/16 8:54 p.m.

<=This was my high school yearbook photo.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
12/9/16 9:00 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: I only can imagine the confusion if I ever changed it.

Good Lord does that screw me up when avatars change!

My avatar is the license plate on my 91 Saab 900.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/16 9:03 p.m.

It's me autocrossing my Corolla probably close to a decade ago. Both are a little worse for wear these days, but it's not often I get good pics.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/16 9:08 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote:
Appleseed wrote: I only can imagine the confusion if I ever changed it.
Good Lord does that screw me up when avatars change!

I was seriously bummed when Wally stopped using the MegaBus guy.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
12/9/16 9:47 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Just a piston's eye view of a Slant Six cylinder and combustion chamber.

Whoa dood, I really thought that was some sort of weird grinning mask face. Cool!

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
12/9/16 9:52 p.m.

Mine doesn't really mean anything.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/16 11:06 p.m.
Woody wrote: <=This was my high school yearbook photo.

I KNEW IT!

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
12/9/16 11:16 p.m.

Picked it when I built mine. Dream car since I was 8 years old.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
12/9/16 11:48 p.m.
wheelsmithy wrote: Truck

I concur.

slowride
slowride HalfDork
12/10/16 12:01 a.m.

Me preparing to drive onto the track in a Boxster at Autobahn Country Club in 2010.

octavious
octavious HalfDork
12/10/16 5:21 a.m.

Mine's my car, which had her pic put in GRM at one point.

NickD
NickD Dork
12/10/16 7:23 a.m.
Vracer111 wrote: Its a cropped fan art of Sonoshee McLaren, a character from the anime movie Redline. I like the movie enough to own 3 Blu-ray releases of it; Japanese Collectors edition, UK Collectors edition, and US standard edition (because that's all we got...after a 1/2 year wait). Redline Special Trailer

Aka, Cherry Boy Hunter. That is a great movie.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/10/16 7:36 a.m.

What avatar picture?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/10/16 8:12 a.m.

Mine is the tail end of the Mumpkin, my current Challenge car (and the only time I made the podium- 3rd place overall).

Nitrous in the trunk of a Miata seems terribly wrong...

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
12/10/16 8:20 a.m.

Mine is something I made years ago while bored at work. It is the standard avatar for people who do not have an avatar, but modified to look like a photo The_Jed once posted of himself. I just took the placeholder avatar, put him in a wife beater and gave him a scowling face. The avatar pic is a lot grumpier than I am in real life. I'm not sure if I can even make a face like that.

Here is the pic from The_Jed's profile that inspired my avatar: (On reflection, I think he once posted a pic of himself wearing a wife beater and that this pic is a later version.)(I don't know, I've had this damn picture as my avatar for years at this point.)

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
12/10/16 8:29 a.m.
Gary wrote: I designed and scratch-built seven Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild 1/12 scale model cars for the GM car design contest from 1962-68. (I only won state awards. At least I was consistent). My avatar is my 1967 second state winner from RI. It's my favorite, and the one that I displayed at the FBCG reunion at the Art Center College of Design car show in Pasadena back in October. I never won a national scholarship with my models, never got to study Transportation Design the Art Center College of Design, and never became a professional car designer. But the experience I gained from designing and building those seven models as a young kid was priceless in preparing me for a successful career nevertheless. Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild Reunion

You now have my vote for coolest avatar ever award. I always assumed that was just an awesome concept car you liked. I had no idea you actually designed and built it!

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
12/10/16 8:53 a.m.

Mine is a picture of me at the wheel of Car 000 (early course opening) at the Rally of the Tall Pines. It was late in the afternoon in November, so there wasn't enough light that you can actually see me!

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
12/10/16 8:55 a.m.

I enjoy Mater's tall tales. El Matordor the bulldozer fighter is my favorite.

I've had several Wile E Coyote avatars in the past. He's very GRM.

I've also had a couple of Go-Dog-Go, dogs in little roadsters as avatars.

I think I'm due for a new one soon, I kind of want to go back to the Coyote, but I need to find an image that I haven't used before.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/10/16 9:05 a.m.

Mine's pretty obvious.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/16 9:24 a.m.

It is about the existential conundrum of religious faith.

That or I am quoting the Swedish Chef from the Muppets.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/10/16 9:27 a.m.

Mine is a picture of our next president 2020

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
12/10/16 9:43 a.m.

Looks like it's time

to oil up!!!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/10/16 10:37 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: There is/was an online comic called VG Cats. In one of the older comics, Leo uses a rat like a flail. They later put it on a t-shirt. That's the image I stole. I only can imagine the confusion if I ever changed it.

"Was"? It went offline?

Avatar. Cleaned up version of a scan from the Mazda RX-7's Group A homologation.

These are the intake ports in Lumpy's engine. They're called bridge ports because there is a strip of metal left in the port as a bridge to keep the rotor seals from falling out. I've been driving bridge ported engines almost exclusively since early 2010, although this Group A clone engine has been in the car since September 2012. Probably should pull it and have a looksee, take measurements, inspect for wear. It's been down on power since December 2012 but I never got around to doing anything about it. I've also been revving it a lot harder lately and I'm curious if I clearanced the rotor tips enough or if I need to fire up the angle grinder some more.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GOgE8tfVXzWUL6CbkAzq2RN5xmGYZ0ixZrmgNH7a042dzGGJkWPjeVoTq7ZdNp7T