johndej SuperDork
1/26/24 9:12 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Dude that facility looks amazing!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/24 8:03 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I've been riding a bit between cold snaps & rain. I did a short 13-mile blast around town on the MTB last night, and 24-miles on the freestyle bike a couple weeks ago. 

I worked a gravel race last weekend & now I'm thinking about picking up a Trek EX Sport. I started working part-time at the bike shop down the street last month, so I need to figure out what the price will be with my discount. 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/28/24 10:16 p.m.

I've been out riding when the weather lets us, last weekend conditions were perfect on the snow. The mild weather that is back has us off the trails again though, we will see what the rest of the winter is like.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/24 11:38 p.m.

Had some unusually warm weather today at around 15C and went for a ride on a few nearby trails, first time riding outdoors for the year.

TheTallOne17
TheTallOne17 Reader
3/5/24 9:26 a.m.

I'm really hoping this project happens, but have my doubts they'll get enough other people to buy one. So far its me and 3 others, they need 20. If any of you know super tall people with disposable income who are also interested in bikes, maybe send them this 36" wheel gravel monster: https://www.curvecycling.com/blogs/news/titanosaur-crowdfunding-project

Pictured is the bike in size L with a 6ftish person for scale

Curve Cycling Titanosaur 36 inch Titanium Gravel Bike

GameboyRMH
3/15/24 2:10 p.m.

Had another unusually warm day earlier in the week (almost 20C!) and hit some more nearby bike paths. This year's rides are gonna look boring if I don't start taking public transit to get to other ride locations, gotta watch the gas budget like a hawk...

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster HalfDork
3/15/24 9:24 p.m.

Seeing this thread pop back up and I actually have a few things to contribute.  A few weeks back we nailed the weather window for an overnight trip on fat bikes.  It froze up the night before we left and was melting as we got back to the cars in the early afternoon on day 2.  About 25 not very serious miles. 

For three years we have been planning an end to end ride of the local large lake and for three years conditions have been too sketchy to make it fun.  This was the backup plan this year. 

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
6/7/24 10:25 a.m.

I have not been riding much but I got up early this morning to take a ride before work and realized I need to ride more often. My goal is to get into good enough shape to do group rides and keep up with the pace so I have some work to do since my average speed was only 12.6 mph.

GameboyRMH
7/8/24 3:46 p.m.

So my ultra-rare rear shock seems to have done this to itself somehow, a circumferential groove that's big enough to catch with a fingernail. Should I try to polish it out?

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
7/9/24 8:07 a.m.

Got the bikes out and took my boys on this little 17 mile run to an ice cream shop and back.  All paved trail starting and ending in my driveway, that's actually pretty cool.

So how do I fix my 2000 Manitou Mars 1 fork?  It has no damping, probably no oil in it.

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
7/9/24 8:36 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

My dad had one on his Klein Mantra and I tried finding replacement parts for it but couldn't find anything. We ended up buying a new Fox shock and replacing it. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
7/9/24 10:00 p.m.

Dang, it's on a Klein Attitude Race.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/10/24 11:16 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I'm not sure if the 2001 fork is the same as the 2000 model, but the service manual is on the Hayes (who own the Manitou brand) website:

https://hayesbicycle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042446634-2001-Mars-Service-Manual

Unless something is actually broken, you can usually just take the fork apart, clean and lubricate the parts and reassemble and it will work a lot better.   The damper is usually a sealed component and is often not serviceable without special tools and knowledge.  

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
7/10/24 11:42 a.m.

Anyone here have any interest in a comp style trials bike?

my knees and wrists don't like it even if I had the time and motivation. I've had it listed locally for a couple months and no hits. Thought I'd see if anyone here was interested. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/10/24 12:39 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Interest?  Yes.  I've always wanted to try one of these. 

Need? No...  so it would really depend on what you need to get out of it.

Mmm... I have fond memories of Magura rim brakes in the pre-disc brake era.  And  pre-V-brake era, for that matter... 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/11/24 10:10 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

How much are you asking? I doubt I'm your buyer either, but...

1 ... 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C2O90cWmwgndB9ZixPEFxXuq0Id3YRhtZotzby8X9Glowu9tas2qVFNuJprN1E7r