1 2 3
mndsm
mndsm New Reader
9/13/09 9:32 p.m.
griffin729 wrote: No garage right now. I live in an apartment. But, the lease is up next July. Myself and the girlfriend will both be done with school in a couple years, actually she'll be done this May. Then we're talking marriage and a house. One of her requirements is a garage. So, with a two car garage, and her car taking one space I will have to chose between a project or my DD. Once I can afford picking up a project it'll probably win.

I told my wife the same thing. I told her that I wanted a 3 car garage with a house attached. She was surprisingly agreeable to this proposition.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
9/13/09 9:43 p.m.

Haha. I live in an apartment. And I have a garage! Yay!

This Buell Lightning is mine.

So is this Miata. (It was in its assigned spot in the picture above ^^^) Say "Hi", Lacy!

Here's my brother's MV Agusta Brutale.

Sex on wheels. But it's Italian, so it breaks a lot. And nobody knows why...

gamby
gamby SuperDork
9/13/09 10:46 p.m.

Wife's 99 Honda CR-V EX--about to turn 200k after Monday's commute

My garage queen 99 Civic Si--going back into mothballs in another month

A bunch of clutter that needs to be organized/purged

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/13/09 11:02 p.m.

An awful lot of my garage is pictured in my garage cleaning thread...

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
9/13/09 11:54 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

I might be able to talk her into the 3 car garage without much trouble. The issue would be finding a garage that big that doesn't come with a house that is way to big and over priced for our budget and needs.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
9/14/09 12:02 a.m.

I wish that I had a garage, I would even settel for a driveway at this point And that van project is tres cool

Mental
Mental SuperDork
9/14/09 12:35 a.m.

After the last too loads back to OK, this weekends moving sale, and todays trip to Goodwill, surprisingly little is in my garage. My GSXR, the BMW is the final stages of the worlds logest clutch replacement, my tools, our fridge that wouldn't fit on the trailer this last round of hauling.

Anyone want a ugly but strudy hommade workshop table? Come get it by Wednesday in Co Springs CO

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt New Reader
9/14/09 5:05 p.m.

Well, if I had an actual garage it would have my '99 Jeep Wrangler (DD right now, future rockcrawler that's making slowwww progress until the other car is done) and a '91 325i that's on the fast track to becoming a Spec E30 car. I hate postponing things, but I feel like there is more of a deadline to get the E30 running right now. The Jeep will come next; it has its own fund.

I'm not really picky about a house. The only part of it I have a strong opinion on is a large, nice 3 car garage (preferably in back, in addition to whatever other garage already comes attached). Garages are surprisingly affordable compared to a typical room in a house. Keep it heated (I can work in the heat, in the summer, but all that working in the winter in my parents cold garage has me convinced on a heater) and a nice epoxy or tile floor with big fluorescent lights. Would sound good to me.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
9/14/09 5:29 p.m.

Our garage is very narrow and isn't really useful as a garage. My uncle's '68 Olds Cutlass convertible has been sitting in there for 15 years now, and there's no more than a foot of space between the garage walls and the Old's doors and bumpers. He keeps telling us he will come up and trailer it to his home in CT every year, but he never follows through. I'd fix it myself if it wouldn't cost me cubic dollars to do so.

Besides the Olds, we find a way to cram patio furniture, lawn equpment, etc. into it. If the Olds finally vacates the space, it will become storage, and I will be able to pull my cars in partway so I can work on them during bad weather.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
9/15/09 9:23 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKP3xkEDipc

RossD
RossD HalfDork
9/15/09 10:32 a.m.

A freshly painted windshield opening connected to the rest of the '77 Capri, and some new tires, some old tires, and some really old tires,... oh and some old rims too. And an early '50s kelvinator that came with my house and was actually my grandparents wedding present. Its free, if someone wants it.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/15/09 10:41 a.m.

this:

and this:

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
9/15/09 1:30 p.m.

A mess.

And I'm still chasing the voltage drain on the black C. I enjoyed tearing the guts out of the passive restraints, but that didn't fix it. I hope it's not in the central locking, because I still actually use that.

M030
M030 Reader
9/15/09 1:45 p.m.

In the garage: 97 Boxster, 72 VW Super Beetle, the wife's 01 VW Cabrio.

The back yard and next to the garage is where things get interesting....

72 BMW 2002, 81 VW Rabbit pickup, 83 BMW 320i, 87 VW Rabbit convertible

And, behind my mom's house: 87 Porsche 924S, 74, 75 & 77 VW Beetle convertibles

4eyes
4eyes New Reader
9/17/09 7:59 a.m.

74 tubeframe Jensen Healey, 78 Superbeetle convertible. Two rollaround boxes, a mig welder/OA torch cart and two air compressers, shopvac, fridge, freezer. Plus various and assorted junk

Buckhead
Buckhead New Reader
9/17/09 9:12 a.m.

Jeep Wrangler 1989 Toyota 4runner 2002 BMW M3 2004 Oldenburg Warmblood 1993

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/17/09 3:41 p.m.
4eyes wrote: 74 tubeframe Jensen Healey,

A fellow Jensenite.

In my hovel:

1974 Jensen Healey JH5, 1974 Jensen Healey with a 13B rotary swap, a complete extra front and rear suspension for a J-H, a 1980 Yamaha XS650, big ol' toolbox, welder, plasma cutter, bench grinder, tubing bender, an engine/tranny,misc goodies for a super secret project.

midknight
midknight Reader
9/17/09 5:18 p.m.

Geez MO30, your backyard sounds a little bit like mine. I've got a '73 2002, an '89 Cabriolet, an '81 Rabbit pickup, an 87 16v Golf, assorted Minis, a '71 240z (brother's), a Suzuki Swift Gti (brother's), a 1990 Sierra, and an Astrovan. I've also got a '65 Cortina, a '74 GTV, a Mini pickup and an Elf Replica in storage. In my two car garage I keep the good stuff, my three badass Minis and my Duetto. I will be selling most of these and going down to 5 cars to simplify my life soon.

midknight
midknight Reader
9/17/09 5:27 p.m.

Duetto was only thing that cost me over $3k, which should tell you what condition everything is in.

nocarbud
nocarbud New Reader
9/17/09 10:15 p.m.

Inside:

Outside:

There are a few other old tractors, a lot more motorcycles, some more cars, and a bunch more spares as well, but I only have the pics of this stuff.

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
9/17/09 10:31 p.m.

In reply to nocarbud: what kind of plane is that? looks like a Luscombe? Sweet a hangar, the real mans garage!

nocarbud
nocarbud New Reader
9/17/09 10:54 p.m.

In reply to ZOOMX5:

You are correct! good eye. There are 4 luscombes actually, the wings are in the loft and one is in the old horse barn. Its a 40x60 foot steel building, with 20x40 feet framed out, insulated and set up with the garage tools and bathroom. there's about a 12 foot double door into the storage side. Wood stove heat in shop area. If we ever get it organized, it will be a great area!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
9/17/09 10:55 p.m.

In reply to nocarbud: Also, every metal airframe I've ever seen being restored has those pins sticking out of the rivet holes on a few sections. Can you tell me what they're for?

nocarbud
nocarbud New Reader
9/17/09 11:04 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

its called a cleco. kind of like a clamp to hold the two pieces of metal together until you put the rivets in.

http://www.panamericantool.com/products.cfm

the special pliers push in the silver end, the other end extends out and you put that end in the hole in the metal. when you release the pliers, the end expands and holds the two pieces of metal together. a temporary rivet if you will...

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
9/17/09 11:04 p.m.

Check out my profile and see another sweet "garage" with a friends PC-12 and a less cool MX-5... Are you making progress on getting any of your Luscombes back in the air? You have 4 more aircraft than me at the moment

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5bTEQcRWVNCnB8VsikukIQS6TKkzM9SNS3eA3Cy1YIfim6GT6GTjC6RE8X00wq6H