1 2
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/17/20 11:02 a.m.

I like to have lunch by the mangroves.  Get a Cuban from a local sammich place and just sit and relax for a while.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
6/17/20 11:07 a.m.

Recent discovery that I have been using to help keep the anxiety at bay and also when putting my 2yo down to sleep. 

Noise canceling headphones and this is good for the deskbound. 

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/17/20 11:12 a.m.

Line the bucked up exactly between the tracks

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/17/20 11:14 a.m.

I use my lunch break to go work out. Run, swim, bike, or lift - it gives me the energy i need to push through the second half of the day. I will eat lunch at my desk afterwards and again it all helps me get through that second half of the day. I've been doing it for 10 years now and on the days I don't do something physical mid-day, I struggle and my work suffers. 

Getting away from a monitor or screen helps immensely. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/17/20 11:20 a.m.

Berk with the new guys?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/17/20 11:26 a.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

There is a retention pond next to work, it is a very nice retention pond with irregular edges to look natural, but still a retention pond.  Has a running path around it.  I try to get out there around 2 every day to take a couple laps to break up the second half of the day.  Physical activity definitely helps

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/17/20 11:30 a.m.

When I am in the office (haven't been for a while) I am about 10 min from a nice lookout right near Mulholland drive.  The remains of the old Paramount Racetrack is to the right below. Some very curvy roads in the area.  Very nice in the summer, but can be a bit windy and cold otherwise.  Occasionally I will bring the Ghia up there.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/17/20 11:32 a.m.

I would stick my head out the front door and let loose a primal scream.  People would pretty much leave me alone after that.

Torkel
Torkel Reader
6/17/20 11:56 a.m.

I'm blessed with my own office, with a nice view of a lake. I sometimes put on my headphones and sit in a visitor's chair in front of the window for "One full, uninterrupted Five Finger Death Punch Song". With headphones on, people think I'm in a meeting and leave me alone...

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
6/17/20 12:00 p.m.

THis poll is missing two answers

#1 - the race track

#2 - a Bar

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/17/20 12:02 p.m.

On the tougher days I have to0 bounce back and forth between a number of different tasks and projects.  It can be hard when you have to break your groove all the time.

I take 'smoke breaks' when shifting gears by checking in here or on FB or both.

If it's nice out I will take a short walk or drive at lunch time, but not all that often.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/17/20 12:38 p.m.

I work from home, but a few times a week I'll hop on my mountain bike and tour my small city. I live on the bike path, so it is an easy quick brain break. Plus it gives me an idea what is going on around here (the new townhouses are coming along nicely and have NOT caused the ruin of all civilization as predicted by the local NIMBYs).

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/20 12:53 p.m.

I go hide from my customers under my truck in the shade and do back stretches

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/17/20 12:53 p.m.

Since I'm working from home today, I put up a kite and tied it to the fence over lunch.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/17/20 1:09 p.m.

I went and got a peanut butter sundae

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
6/17/20 1:42 p.m.

pr0nhub

D2W
D2W Dork
6/17/20 4:08 p.m.
poopshovel again said:

pr0nhub

That made me lol.

I like to go to the driving range and hit a bucket at least once a week. Nice little bit of fresh air and a little exercise. Or I go run parts, or do something to get away from the monitor.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
6/17/20 4:36 p.m.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/17/20 6:05 p.m.

Take the dog for an extra long walk, or go for a bicycle ride thru the neighborhood.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/17/20 6:16 p.m.

I get to work, slug down two tall coffees, and then work for 8 straight hours (eat lunch while I work), and then go home.

Trying to slog out of a high-security building/compound in a lousy area, with my car parked 10 minute walk away....not worth going anyplace for lunch. 

If it's a particularly nice day out, I'll often just bail out of the office in the early afternoon since I dont' use much vacation time on long vacations. 

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/17/20 8:50 p.m.

I keep a folding lawn chair in my truck. I park in a shady spot way out in the lot. At lunch I go outside and sit in the shade to eat/smoke. If it's raining, I pop the liftgate and sit under that. Coworkers laugh, but they're just jealous.laugh

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
6/17/20 9:04 p.m.

Go to the gym and flip this big giant tire they have until I get tired.  

(Not me)

4 Movements to Protect Your Biceps - The Box

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
6/17/20 9:10 p.m.
bearmtnmartin said:

Line the bucked up exactly between the tracks

Nothing and I mean nothing beats SEAT TIME in the 'MACHINE'.....some never leave the "sand box" raised hand here.....peace out y'all

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
6/17/20 9:18 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Go to the gym 

This.  Strength training or [the sport formerly known as crossfit]

At home I work out in the garage on my lunchbreak sometimes, but schedules right now are chaotic so that's often not feasible.  Sometimes I'll just play Doom for 20 mins or so because I find it relaxing.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/20 9:33 p.m.

Count me in with the "exercise at lunch" crowd. That exercise has sometimes been known to take the form of a walk along a creek with a fishing pole for 40 minutes.

Outside of lunch, if I just need to get my attitude back together, I just take a walk. For me, getting away from people, moving around and just not thinking about it for a while is the remedy. I'm usually able to be professional again in 10 minutes or so.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3zhe4f127EmoN9fXg961HHTW33nniLny2vG8d7umOgJfccZtlYFIRWv4lghkaQEi