1 2
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/10/14 7:28 p.m.

I shouldn't have picked up that glowing meteor I found out in the swamp.

The bad part for me has been the body aches. I feel like I was in several fights, and none of them went in my favor. If there's any upside, it's that nothing has been shooting out of either end. Yet.

jg

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
1/10/14 7:28 p.m.

Day 4 of the flu right meow.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/14 8:32 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

This you?

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
1/10/14 11:55 p.m.

METEOR E36 M3!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/11/14 1:28 a.m.

Started Sunday with a backache, Monday headache, joints, cough, minor sniffles, felt like crap, Tuesday and Wednesday more of the same, Thursday back to work with a dry scratchy throat

slowride
slowride Reader
1/11/14 6:36 p.m.

I'd like to recommend 3 hour afternoon naps and nose doucheing (neilmed sinus rinse) to my fellow sickies.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
1/11/14 6:51 p.m.

Not sick, but terrible head/neck aches.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/11/14 9:16 p.m.

Sinus rinse? Like using a Netti pot? My dad swears by his. He keeps bugging me to get one anytime I make mention of a head ailment.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 HalfDork
1/11/14 10:32 p.m.

Don't know if it was a bug, the food, or bug from the food. Went to a nice (expensive) restaurant in West LR with some friends last night. Reservation at 6:00 pm, got drinks, appetizers, had our food by 7:00 pm, finished eating 7:30 ish, we talked socialized, by 8:10 pm I had the "BGs" (bubble guts). Discretely, "relieved some pressure," to the point I was scared to continue down that path. By 8:40 pm I was "tight walking" my way to the restroom as quickly as I could, praying the single stall was available, praise baby Jesus it was. I didn't even take time to inspect/clean the seat or hover, photo finish, explosive would be the proper adjective. At 8:45 I texted SWMBO from the stall, that we needed to go, and to discretely suggest that we leave, she's a trooper and obliged.

I ralleyed for a bit, but was back at it by 9:40 pm, then again around 10:15 pm, about 12:15 am, 7:10 am, then was good, until this afternoon, I had a horrible headache, felt like crap, cold sweat, chills, that only lasted about 2 hours, during which I had 2 more encounters on the throne, and then set in the shower with water running over me, until we ran out of hot water.

I'm feeling a lot better now, 24 hr bug maybe? I'm scared to eat anything, am still bloated, but am hungry, haven't eaten anything of substance all day. Have done my best to stay hydrated with Pepto and sweet tea. Threw away most of a grilled cheese, just the taste made me a little nauseated.

Have managed to watch most of the first season of Falling Skies, while home alone on the couch today.

TLDR: Basically TMI about a bad case of the "green apple quick steps."

• Lee
Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
1/11/14 10:33 p.m.

Spent my entire Christmas in bed (not in the good way). Another vote for the sinus rinse, it really helps relieve the pressure.

slowride
slowride Reader
1/11/14 11:28 p.m.

I think a Neti pot is similar, but I've never used one. Basically, the sinus rinse is squirting saline solution in one nostril and letting it run out the other, and then switching. It's a little funky the first time but it's an excellent feeling.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
1/12/14 9:18 a.m.

Not the same, but I've been trying to pass a kidney stone for a week now... This really sucks ass

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/12/14 9:49 a.m.

Katie popped a fever Friday night, yesterday morning both of us woke up with the post-fight symptoms JG described. Spent yesterday in bed. Woke up today feeling weak and trembly, but better, so I folded some laundry, scrambled some eggs. Apparently overdid it, because I abandoned the eggs for the toilet. Back in bed now. :-(

Katie's dorm opens back up today, but I don't think she has the energy to go.

JG, how long does this last?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/12/14 11:23 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Spent my entire Christmas in bed (not in the good way). Another vote for the sinus rinse, it really helps relieve the pressure.

[leghump] That can be fixed... [/leghump]

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
1/12/14 11:36 a.m.

Spent last night with what started as bad indigestion, with nasty, stinky burps. The attic gas decided to move to the cellar, and having other GI issues, it's just not a good thing.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
1/12/14 12:40 p.m.

The only positive thing about this flu is I haven't had any gastrointestinal effects. :) Coughing and sneezing and no voice is enough, thank you.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/12/14 12:58 p.m.

Just getting over this cold. If the radio show wasn't being held off, I'da had to cancel.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
1/12/14 5:29 p.m.

Add me to the DL. Felt it coming on early last week, cough picked up Thursday afternoon. Since then, it's gone from scratchy throat, coughing, sinuses clogged, sinuses draining with a cough, and sometimes coughing for the sake of a good cough. Not sure if I'll be fit for work tomorrow without disrupting the whole office.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
1/12/14 6:47 p.m.

This thread smells bad.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
1/12/14 6:54 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Spent my entire Christmas in bed (not in the good way). Another vote for the sinus rinse, it really helps relieve the pressure.

I started to get it on the 20th, but didn't get any time off at Christmas, so I was stuck going to work feeling like E36 M3. Luckily I was having good and bad days, with most of my work days being the better ones. A few times I slept the better part of a whole day on my days off. My sinuses are only now just clearing up.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
1/12/14 7:23 p.m.

Both the girlfriend and my father had a stomach virus that lasted a few days. I've been fortunate enough to have a strong immunity to these things & haven't caught anything this season.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CEHZXDcEyzsHXiKmNY2fOoXQIWrpWowwu4xADSQe7o8EW86KSJGWiXyyMUMIbmm9