1 2 3 4
Grizz
Grizz UberDork
9/9/19 10:35 p.m.

Damn I need these for the garage, the shop, the pole barn, the shed and the basement.

Lets see, one in the front garage, two in the shop, four in the pole barn and two in the shed and maybe five in the basement.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/10/19 8:59 a.m.

I consider getting some of these the when this thread came around originally, but didn't. Now that this thread is back I'm thinking about it again. I have 8' fluorescent fixtures in my garage. Thinking I may get a 10 pack of these LED lights. Looks like they come with multiple wiring/plug options including a pigtail that I could hard wire into my existing wiring. I currently have 8 two bulb fixtures with 75W fluorescent bulbs.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
9/10/19 9:20 a.m.

In to say I'm still loving mine.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
9/18/19 9:27 p.m.

Saw this thread and ordered the eight pack from Amazon on Sunday. They arrived Monday and I installed them in our stable tonight. I put one fixture in each horse stall and one in the hallway in front of the stall. What a huge improvement over the fluorescent light bulbs we had before. I’ve ordered a few more sets to complete the job. Thanks.

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/5/20 8:00 p.m.

I started installing these today after buying them over 2 years ago. I put 4 up tonight and these things are amazing. 1 of them put out more light than all the 4 old bulbs did. I cant wait to put the rest up in the garage and add some to my tool shed and work bench. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/5/20 8:37 p.m.

I bought mine on black Friday and still haven't put them up yet. 

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/5/20 8:47 p.m.

I ordered them based on this thread and am still loving them! I added a remote light switch as well, so they are controlled by the back door leading into the garage.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/6/20 3:36 a.m.

I still love mine. Looking for where I can add more to the space

Funny that this thread is on page 1 again. Yesterday I spent a chunk of the day cleaning up the garage and installing 4 of the 8 Barrina lights I got for Christmas. I'm attaching them to the bottom of my trusses, where I currently have no lights because overhead door.  Below pic has 2 4-foot lights joined with the supplied connectors:

Above is before adding lights, below is after.

6500k color temperature is a little harsh to me but it's nice to have the extra light!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/6/20 9:18 a.m.
preach said:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/the-toilet-a-shop-story/160018/page1/

Looks like the ones I put in my sho last year.

We need updates on the shop!

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
4/6/20 12:19 p.m.

I have put 12 of the Barrina lights in my shop and they are amazing.  Highly recommend them.

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/6/20 1:04 p.m.

Since "working from home", i needed my bench to work a little better. Put one of the Barinas on it. Went from a short fluorescent tube(which barely worked), to a clamp on work light which was hot and kinda annoying. 

to this, obnoxiously bright with 1 led tube under the shelf. I had it at the front edge but it was too blinding. I moved it back a few inches which helped, but i'll probably still make a small shield for it that hangs down maybe 1.5", just so my eyes dont catch the light itself. 

miatafan
miatafan GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/6/20 6:53 p.m.
TJL said:

I started installing these today after buying them over 2 years ago. 

That sounds like me.

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/6/20 8:12 p.m.

In reply to miatafan :

I got a ton of stuff like that. Ive realized that if i buy parts for something, i feel like im committing to it. When i give up on a project, usually a pile of new parts i bought go with it. 

Almost all of the projects im finishing now haven't required any new purchase, i already bought the stuff way back, years back, but never got around it to. I put a new carburetor with an accelerator pump on my kohler command v-twin golf cart. Ive probably had that carb for at least 4-6 years. 

but as for these lights, they 100% have made me look at my garage like a functioning workshop and less of a dark pile of crap that i hate dealing with.  Im much more inspired to go out and work on stuff now.  Im checking stuff off the list that ive been meaning to get done for a long time. Very good thing. 

oldopelguy (Forum Supporter)
oldopelguy (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/6/20 9:19 p.m.

In reply to TJL :

That's the single best endorsement for the lights I have ever read.

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/20/20 10:38 a.m.

Found something today. I just started to put in some of the new purchase Barrina lights. First thing i notice is that are instant on! The set bought 2 years ago has probably a second or so delay before they turn on. I was going to mix the new and old set together in my garage and wanted a few more for other places in the house/shed. 

So now im gonna order another 8 pack since these are instant on, which is sweet, and there is no way I'll be OK with having some lights delayed to turn on while others are instant. I'll put the old 6 pack with delay elsewhere. 

Edit: got a few up now, the light isn't quite as pure white as the old ones, but its still rated at 6500k. Not a big deal as i'll move the old ones elsewhere. 

JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter)
JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/20/20 11:44 a.m.

Wow, those *are* nice.  It looks like you're ready for surgery.  Having just done some welding in my garage, I've decided it needs more light.  Thanks for posting.

I'll probably climb up into the attic and add a switched plug in the ceiling.  The motion sensor light I have now powered by an un-switched plug always seems to turn off at the most inappropriate times and I find myself waving an arm or leg to get it back on.  But it is nice when entering the area with an armload of stuff.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/20/20 5:17 p.m.
chandler said:
preach said:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/the-toilet-a-shop-story/160018/page1/

Looks like the ones I put in my sho last year.

We need updates on the shop!

Very soon. I have been 3000 miles away from home for the last two months. I go home to a 2 week mandatory quarantine and plan on quite a few upgrades. Some good stuff coming up.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
4/20/20 7:06 p.m.

I have this in my basement workshop based on this thread the first time around, they are excellent.  I wish they had been available when I put T8 fixtures in my garage about 8 years ago, but that was totally worth it too.

I've been trying to find a 12v version of these (to put in my enclosed trailer) with no luck, has anyone else seen anything? 

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/20/20 7:39 p.m.

I got some led strip light off ebay for pretty cheap. They would do pretty good in a trailer. But they are stick on, that may not work so well. 

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
2/21/21 8:28 p.m.

I purchased an eight pack of these LED lights for our standard size 2 car garage. Is there a "best way" To hang these lights to maximize their output?

For example:

_   _ 

|      |
|      |
_   _

or just slat style on the ceiling

__     __   or    |   |   |

__     __             |   |

__     __           |   |   |
__     __

Any input is appreciated

travellering
travellering HalfDork
2/21/21 8:37 p.m.

Look at how your obstructions are placed.  If your 2 car garage is actually used for two cars, light up between the cars , and between the cars and the wall, and save 2 lights for above wherever you do the most detail-oriented work.  

If you have two utv's or jacked up trucks, you may want to save 2 to put lower on the wall to light up where that f#$%ing 10mm socket rolled to under the car.

If you are the main obstruction to the light getting to your workplace, then around the perimeter of the ceiling will light up between you and the wall. 

chandler
chandler MegaDork
4/18/23 8:42 p.m.

So these only have a plug in end? They can't be wired into an existing box? Not looking to add the expense of that many outlets 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/18/23 9:06 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

you can cut the head off and wire them directly.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yQRh3yKCjWoX9n8U27fgqpJUa6FNVR4MIGanJX8IDHj9FkEnQitZNWr97F0QVMvY