1 2 3
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/13 2:48 p.m.

Back home.

It's a Double Horse 9101 from here. The price has jumped since I ordered mine though. They were $49, now they are $69.

Your GoPro probably doesn't weigh any more than my Freestyle HD so carrying it shouldn't be a problem.

Be careful going too high though. When the motors cut out before the first crash, it was out of range. Makes for an exciting landing.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
1/6/13 12:53 a.m.

Fed Ex delivered the Chronos CX 75 today... I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Already have my eye on a quad-rotor at the new hobby shop in town.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
1/6/13 7:41 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: Fed Ex delivered the Chronos CX 75 today... I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Already have my eye on a quad-rotor at the new hobby shop in town.

I wonder if you will find (as I did) that the batteries they ship with the heli are non-alkaline, and won't even last through the first charge cycle.

Unless my wife changed the fresh alkalines already, it's not eating batteries as fast as I was afraid it might. Even so, it has me wondering if there's any way to charge the 1S LiPo other than via the transmitter battery.

Toyman01
1/6/13 8:02 a.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2:

There are a stack of cheap LiPo chargers out there. I picked up one a year ago that will charge just about anything.

This is the one I have. It will charge 1-6 LiPo cells as well as balance the cells. It comes with plugs for just about any battery. You can find them online for about $35.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
1/6/13 8:17 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to 1988RedT2: There are a stack of cheap LiPo chargers out there. I picked up one a year ago that will charge just about anything. This is the one I have. It will charge 1-6 LiPo cells as well as balance the cells. It comes with plugs for just about any battery. You can find them online for about $35.

Wow! I'll have to look for that one. All the ones I've seen start for about twice that and charge 2 or 3S LiPo's, not 1S.

Toyman01
1/6/13 12:43 p.m.

Here is a little better footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUA59Eg1P5Y

I managed to not crash this time.

I think I need to come up with a camera mount that is a little better than electrical tape. I seem to be getting a good bit of camera shake. This one I let YouTube edit some of it out.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oCYBauW9Vau0DrygJjkbyPdnlcsVpp7egeobMCKR4EjJ7hwedU9wlfigYaKGUTg5