1 2 3 ... 5
Nis14
Nis14 New Reader
12/25/09 12:33 a.m.

I live in NYC and my fam is in Hawaii. Needless to say I am having a crappy lonely giftless X-Mas. I'm bought myself an engine to make myself feel better.

Let me live vicariously thru you guys... post pics of your cool presents....

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/25/09 12:43 a.m.

So far I have a fifty dollar gift card from my aunt and uncle, always a good gift for a college student.

Then my grandparents came through big, with a subscription to a halfway decent magazine, something about growing grass with roots in motors or something or the other, and an omelette pan. I'm happy

The Christmas Morning Edit:
A cooking stone. The only thing I actually asked for, it is awesome.
5 (five!!!) pairs of socks. I was thrilled (really, I was. If you don't know what to get, get them socks)
A shirt with a print of an Alfa on it
And the best...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...

EVOLUTION DRIVING SCHOOL!!!!

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Dork
12/25/09 12:58 a.m.

I got a Sub to Top Gear Magazine, I hope to keep that one going!!!

More to come, in the morning!!!

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/25/09 1:05 a.m.

About to go to sleep, if I don't sleep, Santa won't drop off any free crap!

Joey

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/25/09 6:28 a.m.

Waders and boots for flyfishing flip vid ultra HD sansa fuze

• other crap

I did good!

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
12/25/09 8:13 a.m.

Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX, clothes, movies, books, candy, film, that motorized bike, a few gift cards to various places.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/25/09 8:19 a.m.

tell me how the Nikon lens is...

I want.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
12/25/09 8:36 a.m.

Awesome. Really, really sharp, no distortion, great in low light. Instant focus (with manual override without flipping a switch), too! I haven't been able to shoot outside yet, though, because it is raining.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/25/09 8:45 a.m.

My dad, myself and my father in law all ended up exchanging Harbor Freight gift cards among each other. I think we all ended up pretty much even on the deal. So much for creativity.

jg

I got a GRM hoodie, Pontiac Solstice book, and a new ice fishing shanty + other tidbits.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
12/25/09 8:49 a.m.

Among other nice stuff, wifey got me two pairs of slacks. Unfortunately, she got the size backwards. Instead of 43/ 30, she bought 34/30. We've been together 20 years, I guess she thinks I'm a lot thinner than I am. I had a 34" waist in 5th grade.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/25/09 8:50 a.m.

I got a USRT shift kit, and a short shift rod for the GTI. I had gotten a LSD for the GTI a month ago, but with permission for the person who gave it to me I sold it to buy an original Empi GTV steering wheel for the Ghia.

wbjones
wbjones HalfDork
12/25/09 9:17 a.m.

got a set of longacre toe plates now just need to figure out how to set/change the rear toe...

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/25/09 9:21 a.m.
Nis14 wrote: I live in NYC and my fam is in Hawaii. Needless to say I am having a crappy lonely giftless X-Mas.

Haven't opened gifts yet, stayed too late last night at my brother's house, catching up with the nieces & nephews, swapping fat/bald jokes with my 5 brothers. Going to 10:30 mass then opening.

Nis14, go to The Palm on 2nd ave:

http://www.thepalm.com/sitemain.cfm?site_id=6

Ask for Ian, he's the quiet guy near the bar that looks good in a suit, but he's also a car guy. It's a small shop and very comfy. Closed on Sunday, but every other day he's there, at least until the new guy gets up to speed.

I can guarantee you at least two free drinks, a bigass dessert and witty conversation. I'll tell him you're coming.

Lonliness is everything it's cracked up to be.

Dan

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/25/09 10:19 a.m.

I got 2 separate Lotus Europa matchbox cars.

I was considering putting one of my Europas on the front lawn with the 3 wise guys inside and a sign saying, "Come Lotus adore Him". My wife would have NO PART OF IT!

So, I was happy to have a touch of car stuff under the tree.

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
12/25/09 10:37 a.m.

So, you're asking if we got tires for Christmas???

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/09 10:42 a.m.

nothing car related... no how matter how many hints I leave... did get lots of nice warm sweaters and a BIG tin of M&Ms...

sweaters keep me warm on the outside.. chocolate makes me warm on the inside

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
12/25/09 12:43 p.m.

Tomorrow I become a brewmaster.

Or at least a brewamateur.

I got a full pro kit for brewing my own beer including a recipe for vanilla porter. Just need to wait until tomorrow to get a propane kit for the burner and then I brew!

Nothing car related, it is all about the beer this year.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
12/25/09 1:02 p.m.

lots of cool presents! I'm getting a nephew in a few days and I got lots of paint and supplies for the Trans Am project!

Also bought myself a front chin spoiler for the mustang. (edited for redundancy) Got lots of needed dress clothes so if I ever come about a professional job that doesn't involve being called a grease monkey, I'll be set. Some blu-ray movies, an awesome camera bag/backpack with plenty of room for all my lenses and accessories, and cool UCF garb.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
12/25/09 1:04 p.m.
Tommy Suddard wrote: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX, clothes, movies, books, candy, film, that motorized bike, a few gift cards to various places.

bought that lens for myself after the challenge because my 18-55 got destroyed. I love it, you should have lots of fun with it.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
12/25/09 1:08 p.m.
wbjones wrote: got a set of longacre toe plates now just need to figure out how to set/change the rear toe...

who needs toe?

wbjones
wbjones HalfDork
12/25/09 2:17 p.m.

because I have to cover up my lack of driving ability with car set-up

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
12/25/09 2:42 p.m.

I got a cordless impact gun with a set of SAE impact grade sockets ( gf forgot the Neon has metric wheel studs, gives me a reason to upgrade to 1" though) and some candy. My Dad got me a $50 gift card to Longhorn Steakhouse. woot.

Schmidlap
Schmidlap Reader
12/25/09 2:53 p.m.

I didn't get anything car related, but I did get a really cool Nerf machine gun.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/upgrade/4263421.html

If shooting 2 nerf dars per second isn't enough, there are directions on the google to get it up to 500/minute.

Bob

mith612
mith612 New Reader
12/25/09 3:04 p.m.

Car-related gifts included a corded electric impact gun, a set of rhino ramps and cordless led work light.

Non car stuff was the usual clothes and snacks, as well as 'And Another Thing' by Eoin Colfer.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rHw2cfDifJKZdlWlKa3dKCnuK4xjk9oyM2x2Lh1f6TgfycmCNLmngfamCxlEcslt