1 2 3 4 5
pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
12/25/09 3:07 p.m.

A BMW hat was the only car-related thing I got. The hints about a project 944 keep getting ignored :( Also got a couple more pairs of cufflinks, a tie and the Dilbert desk calendar i've gotten every year for 10 years. My wife says I'm hard to buy for because I lack impulse control so I just get what I want when I want it...

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
12/25/09 3:12 p.m.
mith612 wrote: Car-related gifts included a corded electric impact gun, a set of rhino ramps and cordless led work light. Non car stuff was the usual clothes and snacks, as well as 'And Another Thing' by Eoin Colfer.

I love LEDs i really do but the cordless ones kill me, they lack the wide angle and even spread of light and usually are very dim compared to a halogen or florescent of the same size. If you by any chance have a badass one, please please post a link to what it is lol.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
12/25/09 3:22 p.m.

Well best thing was the fact this was the first Christmas I got to spend with my girl friend.

As for actual gifts it was actually a really good year. My Grandparents gave me money to buy an engine and transmission for my Olds (Had to put into the house but will take it back out from some other money I have coming in). My girlfriend got me Forza 3 (WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!), Ninja Gaiden 2 and Need for Speed Pro street, a new camera bag (an awesome Domke ruggedwear one) and a couple books. My mom got me a small Samsung camcorder, some books and a National Geographic DVD. Oh and the complete DVD set for the old Wild America tv show. Just got off the phone with dad and he is going to be buying me a new TV for the new house.

My girlfriend loved her gifts and my mom flipped over her new Netbook computer she got from us. We also will be seeing most of the family today (except my dad who lives on the other side of the state).

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/25/09 3:40 p.m.

I got a rechargable LED light, every thing else I own has a cord. Got a Crapsman Saw-Zall because I killed the last three. Sox & underwear, a new dial caliper for the garage and I still have to visit the kid tomorrow. My wife is dancing around singing "I know what Ian got you"....

I'm guessing it's not a stripper.

Dan

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/25/09 4:03 p.m.

Floor mats, Hella lamps, and a new radio for my beloved E28. Woot!

Margie

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
12/25/09 5:08 p.m.

a wonderful peacefull family dinner no fighting YAY sometimes its the simple things

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/25/09 5:51 p.m.

Awesome.. Xmas SPam Present.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4xHc2Ow9CY&feature=popular

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/09 6:01 p.m.
pigeon wrote: My wife says I'm hard to buy for because I lack impulse control so I just get what I want when I want it...

That pretty much sums it up around here.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot New Reader
12/25/09 7:10 p.m.

3/8 Snap On ratchet & 2 SO screwdrivers.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
12/25/09 7:11 p.m.

I got a book, a 2nd century Roman bronze ring with griffins engraved on it, and a 32" high def tv. Wow, does Forza 3 look so cool now.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
12/25/09 7:25 p.m.

a set of craftsman 3/8" drive extensions I bought for $9.99 on sale.

A Datsun book I actually didn't own. A bunch of clothes. Oh yeah and 3 out of 4 of us got a nasty stomach flu at 4:30am today......

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
12/25/09 7:46 p.m.

3 out of 4 sound more like food poisoning that it does flu.
Here's to hoping you feel better.

wbjones
wbjones HalfDork
12/25/09 7:50 p.m.
wbjones wrote: got a set of longacre toe plates now just need to figure out how to set/change the rear toe...

non car stuff... or nearly non car stuff... a 3 hole 12v adaptor so I can use the Valentine 1, the cell can stay charged, and the GPS unit can all run at the same time

a double walled, spill proof commuter mug (keeps the coffee hot for more than 2 hrs)

and some food...woot woot

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Reader
12/25/09 8:02 p.m.

I got the ZZ Top box set Chrome, Smoke & BBQ and a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card from my girlfriend. Got a Led Zeppelin book, a 55-200 VR lens for my Nikon, a couple lens filters, a copy of Rat Race, clothes, and $100 gift card from my future inlaws.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
12/25/09 8:07 p.m.

An Airedale puppy. As in " put in on 160, if he catches us then I'll eat my Airedale" And a bunch of workout wear.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/25/09 8:13 p.m.

I have the tough to buy for problem to. I don't expect someone to pay for a ruger old army or FM turbo kit... All my ideas are more expensive than I would let family buy for me...

Joey

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
12/25/09 8:14 p.m.

My sister from England came through with another couple of TG / Stig items! This year I got The Big Book of Top Gear, and a Stig Sress Toy. (Think: Sretch Armstrog in a white racing suit and full coverage helmet.). Mash him all you want, he still doesn't say anything.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
12/25/09 8:18 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote: my mom flipped over her new Netbook computer she got from us.

No, MY mother flipped out over her new netbook!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/25/09 8:18 p.m.

I got an OBD-II / CANbus scanner that supports live data :)

3 new tape measures and a bunch of screwdrivers

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/25/09 8:19 p.m.

3-day Skip Barber Mazdaspeed Race School at Laguna Seca (combined b-day/x-mas gift) from my grandparents.

Apparently my main present from my dad is still in shipping from Hong Kong (I have no idea what it is).

And a Glock Model 17!

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/25/09 8:19 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote: My sister from England came through with another couple of TG / Stig items! This year I got The Big Book of Top Gear, and a Stig Sress Toy. (Think: Sretch Armstrog in a white racing suit and full coverage helmet.). Mash him all you want, he still doesn't say anything.

That stress toy sounds awesome. I want one.

Josh
Josh Dork
12/25/09 8:30 p.m.
InigoMontoya wrote: Tomorrow I become a brewmaster. Or at least a brewamateur. I got a full pro kit for brewing my own beer including a recipe for vanilla porter. Just need to wait until tomorrow to get a propane kit for the burner and then I brew! Nothing car related, it is all about the beer this year.

Sweet, I've got a Robust Porter in secondary right now, about ready to bottle. I was thinking about adding a few drops of vanilla extract to the bucket before filling the last quarter or so of the bottles, just for the hell of it. So you are going full mash right out of the barrel then? I don't have the equipment for anything but partial mash/extract brewing right now, I want to get a few more batches under my belt before I spend any more money on equipment.

I did very well, I got one of the new GoPro Motorsport HD camera setups, this thing looks really nice. The video from it I have seen on the web is phenomenal. I got the suction mount and the bar mount for the bike, this should be a lot of fun next spring/summer at autocrosses and on back roads with the bike. I may even put one of the adhesive mounts on my ski helmet so I can play with it before then. It also might find its way onto a friend's car if I can snag a ride for the winter rallyx events that are coming up soon.

I also got a pizza peel, a beer-a-day calendar, and a smoker thermometer, but the camera was definitely the most exciting thing.

Josh
Josh Dork
12/25/09 8:31 p.m.
Salanis wrote: 3-day Skip Barber Mazdaspeed Race School at Laguna Seca (combined b-day/x-mas gift) from my grandparents. Apparently my main present from my dad is still in shipping from Hong Kong (I have no idea what it is). And a Glock Model 17!

Damn, your family doesn't mess around!

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
12/25/09 9:22 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
NYG95GA wrote: My sister from England came through with another couple of TG / Stig items! This year I got The Big Book of Top Gear, and a Stig Sress Toy. (Think: Sretch Armstrog in a white racing suit and full coverage helmet.). Mash him all you want, he still doesn't say anything.
That stress toy sounds awesome. I want one.

Now I know what I want for my birthday! I'll have to put the wife to work on that soon, only about 6 weeks until the big 4-0!

924guy
924guy Dork
12/25/09 9:49 p.m.

I was given a few cool and unusual things. An awesome t-shirt that reads Clubsport with a 944 on it, that ive never seen before. A really cool book on Chagall (im not real "artsy" but i I do really like his abstract work), and An original, near mint edition of the aug 8th, 1969 LIFE magazine. This is the one that printed the famous photos of the moon landing. Its amazing! there are also some really neat car ads in it :)

Oh, and a harbor freight gift card...

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FnpvEjACKivNdKf3R8oEU4drWpXPKNe9KRYxXHjiKVLXirxvux4RpJgfZ7YOGpBJ