1 2 3 4 5
rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
12/25/09 9:52 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
rebelgtp wrote: my mom flipped over her new Netbook computer she got from us.
No, MY mother flipped out over her new netbook!

My mom almost cried.

Oh in addition to the things up above got a copy of World War Z, another flash light and a $150 gift certificate for the local parts place to go to my engine rebuild.

miwifri
miwifri New Reader
12/25/09 10:09 p.m.

I got a 28' x 36' addition on my out-building to protect trailer, car and gear from the badass winters we have here in central New York. I'm loving it.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
12/25/09 10:41 p.m.

My dad got a cool gift for his bday (which is the 24th) from my grandma! It was a weightlifting book from the mid 1920s that my great grandpa had. Apparently from the notes my great grandfather took ownership of the book in December of 1931. I'm amazed at the condition of the book for being almost 85 years old as it was publish in 1924.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
12/25/09 10:44 p.m.

Last week, I finally broke down and got a trailer to haul my son's kart stuff around.

I got cord hangers for the trailer, jacks, e-track, some lights, a small compressor and a small generator. Oh, and some random Harbor Freight tools my 8 year old picked out because he thought I could use them.

More of a "kart dad" than a "dad" Christmas for me (which is fine, BTW. A bad day of just watching him do laps around the track is better than a good day at work!)

Then my mom knocked a home run and got me the Beatles Rock Band kit for my PS3.

My fingers are sore from playing against my sister for 4 hours. Just spending time with her was easily the best part.

"I got blisters on ma fingers!!" -Ringo Starr at the end of Helter Skelter.

Got home to a cold house. The gas keeps shutting off so we're in a hotel room tonight hoping we can get someone in tomorrow.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
12/25/09 10:49 p.m.

Only car-related items I got this yer for X-mas was a TomTom 540S XXL GPS nav system and the book Speed Secrets: Winning Autocross Techniques. I also got $75 combined birthday (Dec. 29) and X-mas cash. It's going towards a VentPod and a STRI boost gauge for my Mazdaspeed3. I'm still figuring out if I want the basic X-Line gauge or to go whole-hog with the DSD-SLM II.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/25/09 10:51 p.m.

I was given $50 towards my TV last month. So this morning...

Stocking-Carmex, razor blades, shaving cream. The last 2 where suposed to go with a lather heater, but mom couldn't find one.

DVDs-District 9, Something(x3) Darkside, and Metalocalypse season 1

Kitchen- a slow cooker and a sandwich maker.

Other stuff- lounge pants and a book. I have one more thing waiting for me tomarrow when I go see some friends.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
12/25/09 11:11 p.m.

Car related: Code scanner, so my car can tell me how it really feels.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/26/09 12:34 a.m.

Car-related:

• AMC chrome valve covers
  • AMC 401 gasket set
  • new window cranks for the Hornet
  • AMC V8 chrome dipstick tube

Other stuffs:

• Accurate Miniatures 63 Corvette Grand Sport racer model
  • two dress shirts for work
  • DVD player
  • MASSIVE family breakfast!!! (Cheesy eggs, snausage, french toast, waffles w/berries, hasbrowns, scramble, etc, etc)
joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/26/09 12:51 a.m.

I got a gift card to harbor frieght, and my friend bought my wife and I matching miata silowet (I can't think of how to spell that) things, as we both have miatas. My wife got me these awesome stargazing binoculars, and I got a gun cleaning station, a launcher fo clay pigeons, a gun encyclopedia book, all in all a good Christmas.

Joey

zipty842
zipty842 Reader
12/26/09 1:10 a.m.

Gran Turismo for PSP

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith New Reader
12/26/09 6:32 a.m.

Girlfriend conspired with family & friends and bought me a Kawasakl 750 Spectre

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/26/09 6:35 a.m.
CamaroKeith wrote: Girlfriend conspired with family & friends and bought me a Kawasakl 750 Spectre

keeper!

aeronca65t
aeronca65t HalfDork
12/26/09 6:53 a.m.

Milwakee 1/2" drill with keyless chuck + the usual stuff (gloves, gift cards, booze, etc)

I've had a decent B&D 3/8" keyed drill for 25 years....still works fine, but I use one of these Milwakees at work and really like it.

Today I'm bringing it to my brother's place along with some scrap metal. Along with some of his crap (plus his welder), we intend to build an electric go kart while similtaneousy consuming a case of Harp. Last year we build a hovercraft for Xmas.....part of our "one day build" tradition.

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
12/26/09 7:17 a.m.
Josh wrote: Sweet, I've got a Robust Porter in secondary right now, about ready to bottle. I was thinking about adding a few drops of vanilla extract to the bucket before filling the last quarter or so of the bottles, just for the hell of it. So you are going full mash right out of the barrel then? I don't have the equipment for anything but partial mash/extract brewing right now, I want to get a few more batches under my belt before I spend any more money on equipment.

No, not full mash, I have the stuff to do it but I am going to just use malt extracts getting started before going full grain.

For my recipe they just included a full vanilla bean, that would be better than extract since extract is just vanilla bean + vodka. I would try and get a bean for yours.

Josh
Josh Dork
12/26/09 7:27 a.m.

I was thinking about doing the vanilla extract because I don't have time to steep a bean, nor do I want to flavor the whole batch. I am ready to bottle today, and with an extract I can just add some right before filling the last of the bottles. If I was doing a whole batch of vanilla porter I would definitely use a whole bean though, I just figured I might experiment a bit with a small part of his batch. Worst case I just bump my ABV a tiny bit :).

Next up is an IPA, and I'm also getting a couple gallons of homemade cider from a coworker of my mom's that will become a small batch of Apfelwein.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
12/26/09 7:37 a.m.

My wife, the same one that bought me my first swift as a suprise, suprised me with a trailer this year.....She also got me a new sprayer (for tires on those host summer days), and a small toolbox to bring anythign I need for auto-x weekends. She is fantastic.

My parents bought us(me)a new Magnaflow catback for the truck knowing that we're going to be towing a lot more this year. What a great christmas!

johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
12/26/09 7:43 a.m.

Christmas came a couple days early last week; I got a schweet aluminum race radiator for my Spec Miata and a new set of Carbotech pads.

Ho Ho Ho!

My son got this...

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
12/26/09 7:50 a.m.

Wagon Attack 2 T-Shirt.

Woo Hoo!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/26/09 8:25 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: My wife, the same one that bought me my first swift as a suprise...

You sir, have a cool wife!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/26/09 9:27 a.m.

I got two car books (Prost Vs. Senna, and Mark Donohue: technical excellence at speed), a headset for my X-Box (if anyone wants to kill some zombies with me, my tag is bcbrownell), lotsa cash, a target gift card, a box of cashews and Dirt 2. I still have my mothers side to go to.

I will probably end up buying something something something Darkside for myself today, and I went to see Sherlock Holmes with some friends last night (it was far more epic than Avatar!)

mel_horn
mel_horn Dork
12/26/09 9:47 a.m.
SVreX wrote: I was considering putting one of my Europas on the front lawn with the 3 wise guys inside and a sign saying, "Come Lotus adore Him". My wife would have NO PART OF IT!

Oh, jeez, no sense of humor! One year I wanted to put the GTI race car out front with lights outlining it until I got a similar reaction...

but I DID put all the snow from the parking spaces in the back of the Ranger and told everybody it was my portable ski resort...

sachilles
sachilles HalfDork
12/26/09 9:48 a.m.

Got a subscription to my favorite mag(nervous I wasn't getting it this year as my most recent issue recieved, had the renewal reminder). It was my son Andrew's first Christmas, and he got a lot of cool stuff too, lots of Tonka's and wooden toy cars. My mother also recycled a toy car that you sit in for him. He saw and I put him in it(11 months old) and he immediately made car noises. I'm so proud.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
12/26/09 10:38 a.m.

Some say that I don' handle stress well, but all I know is my sister sent this..

http://www.officialproducts.co.uk/product.php/74/28/stretchy-stig-stress-doll/f6cf6b15f526f49b7dcce01657bb82f9

I win, you all loose :)

sachilles
sachilles HalfDork
12/26/09 11:08 a.m.

nice

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/26/09 12:46 p.m.
Josh wrote:
Salanis wrote: 3-day Skip Barber Mazdaspeed Race School at Laguna Seca (combined b-day/x-mas gift) from my grandparents. Apparently my main present from my dad is still in shipping from Hong Kong (I have no idea what it is). And a Glock Model 17!
Damn, your family doesn't mess around!

no E36 M3! so far, Salanis wins for gifts (imo, of course)!

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DzH509jhZ0KbWTiAAQJVyojIkNspbRlqleH39sGjeQjL0ba2U2TZBvO3tYT3zl3A