Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
2/12/11 6:36 p.m.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Ram-3500-Mega-cab-truck-dodge-ram-silver-54-bogger-modified-off-road-/260730127189#ht_1099wt_1165

Icelandic Dodge.. I'd drive it.

spriteracer
spriteracer New Reader
2/12/11 6:55 p.m.

Cool truck but $160,000.00? C'mon. Here's some more pictures

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
2/12/11 7:48 p.m.

Dude. That would be a blast, except for the fact we have zero snow in the south. Mud, on the other hand...

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
2/12/11 8:10 p.m.

Unimog axles? Not much Dodge left from what I read.

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
2/12/11 8:23 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Not much Dodge left from what I read.

you say that like it's a bad thing.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
2/12/11 8:29 p.m.
Ignorant wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: Not much Dodge left from what I read.
you say that like it's a bad thing.

Interestingly, the part I'd consider worst, the transmission, still remains.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
2/12/11 8:46 p.m.

That is so awesome. But the trannies in the big diesels are good no? It's the 46RE autos you gotta watch. I replaced all the guts in mine with kevlar bands and clutches, and a shift kit.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/12/11 9:06 p.m.
spriteracer wrote: Cool truck but $160,000.00? C'mon. Here's some more pictures

IIRC vehicles are very expensive out there, probably because of import taxes.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
2/13/11 1:20 p.m.

Meh, rather have a Hilux...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/13/11 2:46 p.m.

looks like quite the ZAV

cwh
cwh SuperDork
2/13/11 4:00 p.m.

That would be great for my forays into Miami!! I-95? No Problem!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
2/13/11 4:35 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Meh, rather have a Hilux...

The other morning on the way to work I passed a truck headed for the port that was hauling 3 X-cab Hilux pickups. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Toyota doesn't do those here. Must be crash test related or something.

On the same subject (sorta) Isuzu could have started importing these and done real well:

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/13/11 5:04 p.m.

Those doors sure look like GM full size cab design. Which would make sense as GM provides the base for their small truck as well.

unk577
unk577 New Reader
2/13/11 6:44 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: Meh, rather have a Hilux...
The other morning on the way to work I passed a truck headed for the port that was hauling 3 X-cab Hilux pickups. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Toyota doesn't do those here. Must be crash test related or something. On the same subject (sorta) Isuzu could have started importing these and done real well: Nissan based.
JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
2/13/11 7:06 p.m.

I'm still awaiting the introduction of the Mahindra diesel here in the States. The specs/pricing look promising.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
2/14/11 8:43 p.m.
racinginc215 wrote: Wrong! Isuzu D-Max is a pickup truck made by Isuzu. It shares the same platform with several General Motors (GM) mid-size trucks in the United States. These being the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon and Isuzu i-Series. The Chevrolet Colorado name is also applied to a rebadged version of the D-Max in the Middle East and Thailand, although not identical to the American version. The original D-Max is sold alongside the Chevrolet Colorado in the Thai market where they are both built. In Australasia between 2003 and 2008, the D-Max was marketed as the Holden Rodeo, but has since been relaunched as the Holden Colorado. The Isuzu D-Max itself was also introduced in Australia during 2008, selling alongside the Holden offering. in the United Kingdom, the D-Max is offered there as the Isuzu Rodeo.

Yeah, Isuzu uses the same basic frame and other parts of the platform with their unique sheetmetal but you missed the most important part: it's sold with a 2.5 or 3.0 turbodiesel around the Pacific Rim. http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/dmax/power.html I believe they also use Showa (instead of GM or Dana) axles.

RossD
RossD Dork
2/15/11 10:06 a.m.

Why we dont get the Hi-lux: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax Stupid chickens...

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
2/15/11 10:08 a.m.

When I saw the subject I thought this thread was going to be about

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
2/15/11 3:04 p.m.

The 'Chicken Tax' is still in effect? Dayumn. I thought that thing had a sunset provision.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EzwozyjKLa3cvo2VrkOc6bsur44NWk0Xu3GIXGaPkLYPbAJQCKhoNqEJLgHn6Pcs