Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/25/24 12:58 p.m.

Well, she's a cat4. I'm inland, so I won't have any problems, but you west coast friends might be in for a ride, especially if she turns. Stay safe.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/25/24 1:00 p.m.

No floaties.  I might go to my gf's if the power goes out.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/24 1:07 p.m.

I'm pretty far from the storm, in Daytona Beach, and it's already getting gusts well into the forties. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/25/24 1:16 p.m.

Good luck to whoever ends up being in her path.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/24 1:25 p.m.

It was gnarly this morning on the way to school drop off. We are way out of the way but the ground is pretty saturated with all the rain we have been having. 

Stay safe on the west coast. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
9/25/24 2:13 p.m.

Unless it turns, we'll just get the fringes. Last night the wind started, but it was actually really nice. Dropped the temp by about 8 degrees, and blew the humidity out of here. As I type this, the skies are getting darker and the trees are getting a little bendy. 
I sure hope for no more damage. Still waiting for that insurance company that has my best interests at heart to pay up from Ian, almost 2 years ago to the day lol.  

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/25/24 2:27 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm pretty far from the storm, in Daytona Beach, and it's already getting gusts well into the forties. 

Yeah I was a little surprised how blustery it was today, then I looked at the wind map and saw what a heckin' chonker this thing was.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/25/24 2:34 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

Yeah I was a little surprised how blustery it was today, then I looked at the wind map and saw what a heckin' chonker this thing was.

I'm only about 45min east of y'all and if this thing turns...... We have big drama.

Purple Frog
Purple Frog GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/25/24 2:39 p.m.

The center of the current cone goes right through Purple Frog Racing World Headquarters.  frown

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/24 2:45 p.m.
Purple Frog said:

The center of the current cone goes right through Purple Frog Racing World Headquarters.  frown

We literally just got the first rain. It's blowing hard right this minute.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/25/24 2:59 p.m.

Pretty much same for me as for JG as we’re only a few miles apart. I’m just a little closer to the ocean. 

Yeah, not fun and don’t feel good that I’m a little relieved that it’s not aiming right at us. Already offered space to friends on the other coast. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/25/24 2:59 p.m.

Sign of how big this is: Hearing from friends up in Georgia who are seriously concerned for their own dryness. 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/25/24 3:02 p.m.
Mndsm said:
JG Pasterjak said:

I'm only about 45min east of y'all and if this thing turns...... We have big drama.

You mean west, right? Or are you currently offshore fishing?

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/24 3:03 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I see they are calling for 8"-16" of rain in the mountains of NC. I think there is going to be plenty of wet to go around. My parents might have to swim across the creek. 

[Image of Rainfall Potential]

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/25/24 4:07 p.m.

Hey, what are you guys doing down in Florida sending this stuff to Tennessee?! We do need the rain, though. We've been in a drought and started having some significant forest fires. Thanks, but send in smaller, more frequent doses instead. laugh

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/24 4:23 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

Just told Dusterdb13 last week that you'll can move down to Jacksonville to avoid all the storms.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/24 4:29 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

Just told Dusterdb13 last week that you'll can move down to Jacksonville to avoid all the storms.

Jacksonville does seem to be teflon-coated when it comes to hurricanes. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/25/24 4:44 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:
Mndsm said:
JG Pasterjak said:

You mean west, right? Or are you currently offshore fishing?

whatever direction Walt says I am. Yes, west

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/25/24 4:46 p.m.
Purple Frog said:

Headed right for my folks on the east side of TLH. That will be the second hurricane of the year and the tornado from the spring adds up to lots of trees/limbs down. They have the generator, food, water, and the neighbor that does tree work, so they should be able to get in and out if needed.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/25/24 5:01 p.m.

I miss my cable. Anyone know where Jim cantore is?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O9RvuparO7H5mtyJI3Lsqet2xeEITHCGjLiYrpErLIydxjSKvcVJFIoL3zFS5tB1