1 ... 7 8 9
81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro SuperDork
10/2/24 12:16 p.m.

One section of I-40 will be closed until Sept 2025, that's not good news. Part of I-26 closed until March 2025.

The Dragon was being used to move supplies into NC as it was passable. Today 10/02 Tenn HP reported closed near mile marker 5 due to semis trying to use the Dragon and getting stuck. 

My area (Toccoa) was lucky, eye passed over and not too much damage done, just a lot of water.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
10/2/24 12:48 p.m.

My heart breaks for all of those out in WNC/TN/SVA...  That's a beautiful part of the country, and I have very fond memories of spending time in Asheville and deeper into the mountains.  I've donated to Greg Biffle's charity setup for rescue efforts, but I wish I could do more... 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/24 12:51 p.m.

In reply to AMiataCalledSteve :

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/24 12:52 p.m.

In reply to VolvoHeretic :

My neck thanks you

bbbbRASS
bbbbRASS Reader
10/2/24 1:20 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

If you are so moved, these are friends of mine who live in an area that has lost road access, and many houses totally destroyed. They are currently being supplied by healthy dudes hiking in supplies. Luckily they are skilled at filtering water so they don't need much of that, but the big food drop was 50 cans in 2 whitewater kayaks...

This isn't some scam donation, these people need a vehicle to access their community. Conversly, I'm happy to trailer in a UTV or SxS if anyone would donate one from between the Savannah-Raleigh area.

Videos from a friend of mine there (who used to live in Charleston) who lost everything

Video from CNN about the area

Video of homes in the cove

golfduke
golfduke Dork
10/2/24 1:26 p.m.

In reply to bbbbRASS :

Done and donated!  I'll also share it to my socials.  

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/2/24 1:55 p.m.
bbbbRASS said:

In reply to golfduke :

If you are so moved, these are friends of mine who live in an area that has lost road access, and many houses totally destroyed. They are currently being supplied by healthy dudes hiking in supplies. Luckily they are skilled at filtering water so they don't need much of that, but the big food drop was 50 cans in 2 whitewater kayaks...

This isn't some scam donation, these people need a vehicle to access their community. Conversly, I'm happy to trailer in a UTV or SxS if anyone would donate one from between the Savannah-Raleigh area.

Videos from a friend of mine there (who used to live in Charleston) who lost everything

Video from CNN about the area

Video of homes in the cove

Thanks boss.  I donated.  

bbbbRASS
bbbbRASS Reader
10/2/24 3:39 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

Appreciated guys!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
10/2/24 5:47 p.m.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/2/24 5:56 p.m.

berkeley you berkeley you berkeley you:

TravisTheHuman
TravisTheHuman MegaDork
10/2/24 6:57 p.m.

Damn, that's disappointing.  Wonder if there is more to the story though.

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JkiSOhN4BiZ0npegPqDAxjfJxwAqp1M7if6RKYI1KrPrC991DLvD4KjxR6ZJgM4L