1 2
BoostedBrian
BoostedBrian Dork
9/19/12 4:19 a.m.

It be talk like a pirate day, so swab the poop deck, break out ye new eye patch, and make ye co workers worry for ye sanity.

YEEHARR!!!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/19/12 5:43 a.m.

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ciacex1Xog&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/19/12 5:46 a.m.

Post Like a Pirate - Your Pirate Translator
English to Pirate translator

I tried them both out. The first one worked a little better, but I still don't think "Scurvy dog, them rims be hellaflush" sounds very fierce.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/19/12 5:53 a.m.

Whats a pirate's favorite letter?

You think that its Arrr but its really the Sea

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/19/12 6:17 a.m.

Long John Silver's is giving free fish to people who talk or dress like pirates today. Arrr, me hart is stopping.

Margie

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
9/19/12 7:20 a.m.
petegossett wrote: I'll just leave this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ciacex1Xog&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I see your terrible Blood on the Dance Floor & raise you Swashbuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53A4GyB96RI

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
9/19/12 7:22 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Long John Silver's is giving free fish to people who talk or dress like pirates today. Arrr, me hart is stopping. Margie

I saw on the news that Krispy Creme is giving away a free donut if you talk like a pirate. And if you dress like one - a dozen.

I think it was them- not Dunkin- but some chain store that sells hardened arteries.

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
9/19/12 7:32 a.m.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/19/12 7:43 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Long John Silver's is giving free fish to people who talk or dress like pirates today.

Mmmmm......I may go get some of their fish tacos for lunch.

[ * ] - Yes, I know, all the foodies are going to complain that real fish tacos are not made with batter-covered fish. Those people can be authentic. I will enjoy my imposter-style fish tacos.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/19/12 8:03 a.m.

In reply to BoostedBrian:

Swab the poop deck all you want, leave me out of it.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
9/19/12 8:13 a.m.

This reminds me of a time I was in the car with Psuedosport and his girlfriend at the time. She has a really bad Boston accent and we were talking about going to Arby's. I was kind of being an shiny happy person, but after spending like 6 hours in the car with her, I was making the best of it.

"Let's go to Ahhby's"

"It's pronounced Arby's"

"That's what I said Ahhby's"

"No there's an 'R' in there, ARby's"

"THAT'S what I said, AHHby's"

"No, you gotta say it like a Pirate, ARRRRRRby's!!"

"AHHHHHHHHBY'S!!"

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/19/12 8:22 a.m.

Yar?

slefain
slefain SuperDork
9/19/12 8:37 a.m.

Yar?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/19/12 9:01 a.m.

Now it be time to post a picture of the most piratey vehicle in all the seven seas, the Honda CB ARR 600 ARR ARR!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/12 9:10 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: This reminds me of a time I was in the car with Psuedosport and his girlfriend at the time. She has a really bad Boston accent and we were talking about going to Arby's. I was kind of being an shiny happy person, but after spending like 6 hours in the car with her, I was making the best of it. "Let's go to Ahhby's" "It's pronounced Arby's" "That's what I said Ahhby's" "No there's an 'R' in there, ARby's" "THAT'S what I said, AHHby's" "No, you gotta say it like a Pirate, ARRRRRRby's!!" "AHHHHHHHHBY'S!!"

My father artificial hips.. he is looking forwards to hip number 7 soon.. when he was in Mass, he had some work done and woke to a nurse with an extreme southy accenty.. being doped up on painkillers.. he almost popped stitches laughing at her accent

slefain
slefain SuperDork
9/19/12 9:19 a.m.

Stagger, stagger, crawl, crawl, jump...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/19/12 9:21 a.m.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
9/19/12 9:23 a.m.
mad_machine wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: This reminds me of a time I was in the car with Psuedosport and his girlfriend at the time. She has a really bad Boston accent and we were talking about going to Arby's. I was kind of being an shiny happy person, but after spending like 6 hours in the car with her, I was making the best of it. "Let's go to Ahhby's" "It's pronounced Arby's" "That's what I said Ahhby's" "No there's an 'R' in there, ARby's" "THAT'S what I said, AHHby's" "No, you gotta say it like a Pirate, ARRRRRRby's!!" "AHHHHHHHHBY'S!!"
My father artificial hips.. he is looking forwards to hip number 7 soon.. when he was in Mass, he had some work done and woke to a nurse with an extreme southy accenty.. being doped up on painkillers.. he almost popped stitches laughing at her accent

I want to do this to my friend who just moved over here from England. LOL

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Reader
9/19/12 9:27 a.m.

At my work a few years ago, they hired a guy from Boston. It took me 2 weeks to understand a damn thing he would say. Keep in mind I'm in Kentucky.

He drove his cahh to the bahh to drink some beeahh.

Oh yeah, arrrrrrr!

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
9/19/12 9:32 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: At my work a few years ago, they hired a guy from Boston. It took me 2 weeks to understand a damn thing he would say. Keep in mind I'm in Kentucky. He drove his cahh to the bahh to drink some beeahh.

Wicked Awwwsome.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
9/19/12 10:14 a.m.

Yarrteries!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/19/12 11:04 a.m.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/19/12 11:57 a.m.
MA$$hole wrote:
petegossett wrote: I'll just leave this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ciacex1Xog&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I see your terrible Blood on the Dance Floor & raise you Swashbuckle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53A4GyB96RI

I see your Swashbuckle and raise you Alestorm:

Famous 'ole spiced

Wolves of the Sea

Nancy the Tavern Wench

Wenches and Mead

Yarr!! May ye grog be endless and cold!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
9/19/12 12:00 p.m.

What are the typical job requirements for "Pirate Linguist?" That is an occupation that I will strongly consider when I make my re-entry into the job market.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/19/12 1:36 p.m.

Arrr. We be sailin' the suburbs, takin' yer candy!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6v2g7KpzT0Y1PpuGv1AtJHFzjctMgITJtqLwezWcMRF0uGQZ2ka58bAg91k6ChiQ