GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/08 1:40 p.m.

Did you know the 2006 Goldwing has airbags?

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_glx1800_gold_wing%2006.htm

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
5/30/08 2:00 p.m.

Why, yes. I have seen many airbags on Goldwings. Some decent folk too.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/30/08 3:19 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Why, yes. I have seen many airbags on Goldwings. Some decent folk too.

zing!

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/30/08 9:09 p.m.

Had to look it up. Which way were you going with this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokozuna

Josh
Josh Reader
5/31/08 1:01 a.m.

Um, how do I put this... It's like you're stuffing your face in a giant butt. You'd think they would have had the tact not to make the thing flesh colored.

MitchellC
MitchellC New Reader
5/31/08 2:25 a.m.

How much does an 08 with airbag cost new? $24,349.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/31/08 2:45 a.m.

All this and its still a motorcycle that weighs as much as my car.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
5/31/08 5:46 a.m.
Wowak wrote: All this and its still a motorcycle that weighs as much as my car.

Yes, but so many fun and exciting buttons to push to distract you from the boring road ahead! :omg:

Where'd I park my scooter? :grin:

grtechguy
grtechguy Dork
5/31/08 8:16 a.m.

A friend of mine rides Goldwings....I just refer to his ride as a 2 wheeled car.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
5/31/08 9:21 a.m.

The Boy calls them "half a Civic"

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/31/08 11:17 a.m.

doesn't that bike have a reverse gear? I guess you need it to get that rolling Lay - z - boy moving

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/2/08 10:15 a.m.
Josh wrote: Um, how do I put this... It's like you're stuffing your face in a giant butt. You'd think they would have had the tact not to make the thing flesh colored.

You're the only person that got it! I ran across the pic on Google Images and my first thought was WHY IS THERE A GIANT INFLATABLE ASS ON THAT MOTORCYCLE?

Imagine the hilarity of a crash...Safety butt, deploy!

LMAO! :grin:

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
6/2/08 10:23 a.m.

The current term in wrestling circles is the "Stink face." Now, you may feel free to resume your normal lives.

Purplehaze
Purplehaze New Reader
6/3/08 12:49 a.m.

Huh. WTF does an airbag do for me in a motorcycle crash?

Strizzo
Strizzo HalfDork
6/3/08 1:32 a.m.

then you go over the windscreen instead of through it, lol

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey Reader
6/3/08 7:44 a.m.

The airbag stops your legs from being severed as your torso goes over the bar and your legs go under. The airbag also helps keep you on the bike and near the ground (vs airborne).

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/3/08 7:57 a.m.

The Goldwings ride amazingly well for their size. They are a lot of fun up a mountain pass or on a long highway! That said, they are 3/4 of a Civic.

The idea of the airbag is that you go into the airbag, scrub off a lot of speed quickly, and then you bounce off of whatever you hit with a lot less force. You can learn all about it here: YouTube Honda Airbag Story

Purplehaze
Purplehaze New Reader
6/3/08 12:51 p.m.

Okay, I guess bike airbags are a pretty sound idea. I like how Honda bills itself as the "leading manufacturer of motorcycles in the world". Methinks others might beg to differ.

This video randomly came up along with the Honda one. It's so brief that it's almost funny. Then you think about it. Not funny at all. I hope the girl lived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeXxx0H8mTE&feature=related

If Honda's doing airbags, then isn't it about time for some seatbelts or something?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9vp019Sx5RMlNezErfVVmcn2cd6Rzun3UYGZrWBUo23EJP6E6YTqn7fapaYKf79D