1 2
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
7/11/13 1:37 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBFYpcWsYbE

If you don't want to watch the run, scroll to 1:09. But you really should watch the whole thing.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/11/13 6:02 a.m.

Pretty cool.

My eldest son got married at an autocross.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
7/11/13 6:28 a.m.

That's awesome. BTW, I think some dust must have gotten into my eye part way through that video

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
7/11/13 6:40 a.m.

So do they get a DNF or a re-run?

bluej
bluej Dork
7/11/13 7:17 a.m.

They are good friends of a good friend of mine and I can vouch that they are aweaome people, not just because of this. 8)

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/11/13 7:23 a.m.

I... I seem to have some dust in my eye as well.

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
7/11/13 7:55 a.m.

I like how he tries to turn the wheel that isn't there.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/11/13 8:06 a.m.

That is super cool. And, once again, I now want another e36 M3.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/11/13 8:09 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: So do they get a DNF or a re-run?

Pretty sure that's a home run. :D

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/11/13 8:09 a.m.
dyintorace wrote: And, once again, I now want another e36 M3.

Good Lord what a car!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/11/13 8:18 a.m.

"You ruined my times for the rest of the day."

Keeper.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/11/13 9:24 a.m.

A friend of mine (a National level podium finisher) also proposed at an autocross. His girl (similarly successful) was out doing a run, and she started to encounter cone shaggers holding signs. Something along the lines of:

DANI

YES, YOU

WILL

YOU

MARRY

THIS

GUY

(arrow pointing to Dan at the finish line)

I have no record of what her time was. I think she got dust in her eyes. And they got married at the Flyin' Miata summer camp.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/11/13 10:48 a.m.

I love it so much I want to divorce my wife so I can propose to her again like this!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/11/13 10:56 a.m.

Good on them!

I hope all of their marital disputes are Proxes vs. Ventus and nothing more serious than that.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
7/11/13 11:03 a.m.

Outstanding!!

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
7/11/13 11:48 a.m.

I sent that to my fiancee, she said she was happy with how I did it & wouldn't change a thing. ...but to stop on a rallycross and do it in the MR2? Awesome.

friedgreencorrado
7/11/13 4:49 p.m.
bluej wrote: They are good friends of a good friend of mine and I can vouch that they are aweaome people, not just because of this. 8)

Y'know, I should have known someone here would know them. I love this forum. Wish them well for me!! I could tell she was a racer too when she gave him the "eyes up" reminder during the run.

WilberM3
WilberM3 Dork
7/11/13 9:44 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: So do they get a DNF or a re-run?

that was after Jake's 4th (last morning run) which was a normal run but he had timing say that he got a re-run and got in the end of the morning grid line, so when he went out it wasnt for anything at all, well, except her proposal answer

theyre really great people and nearly everyone there knew what was happening except for Maggie which made it even more awesome!

btw, the XJ-R went 0.1s faster

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
7/11/13 9:54 p.m.

Congratulations, looks like a Dynamic Duo. Tear it up!

Josh
Josh SuperDork
7/11/13 10:30 p.m.

I sort of wish I hadn't skipped this event once I saw what went down, but it's been pretty cool to see Jake and Maggie all over the internet the past few days :).

friedgreencorrado
7/11/13 10:37 p.m.
WilberM3 wrote: that was after Jake's 4th (last morning run) which was a normal run but he had timing say that he got a re-run and got in the end of the morning grid line, so when he went out it wasnt for anything at all, well, except her proposal answer

Oh, that's fantastic. How on earth did they keep her from finding out? I figured there were some folks in the paddock that knew, because I could hear the applause over there..but everyone at the site kept it secret?!? Man, that must be a good group of folks to run with.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
7/11/13 10:46 p.m.

Jealous on so many levels.
That's rad.

WilberM3
WilberM3 Dork
7/11/13 11:12 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
WilberM3 wrote: that was after Jake's 4th (last morning run) which was a normal run but he had timing say that he got a re-run and got in the end of the morning grid line, so when he went out it wasnt for anything at all, well, except her proposal answer
Oh, that's fantastic. How on earth did they keep her from finding out? I figured there were some folks in the paddock that knew, because I could hear the applause over there..but everyone at the site kept it secret?!? Man, that must be a good group of folks to run with.

it is a great group at an amazing site and while not literally everyone knew of course, a good portion of the 106 drivers + friends did. it was a well orchestrated affair even his parents were there!

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
7/12/13 12:36 a.m.

At 0.43 I'm the white speck on the left and had no idea what was going on. It's cool seeing the video of how it all went down.

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
7/12/13 10:50 a.m.

Thats amazing. Crap... its dusty in my office too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mjN6Ml5XwJZr2o1LMYC8os2uEAh5eMhsMnyBMjXtQwpjscOAzP7ZWfpCigWd11CN