accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
9/17/23 2:37 p.m.

Sold!

clutchmaster
clutchmaster New Reader
9/19/23 1:26 p.m.

really interested. I'm in Nashville,TN. what are the casting numbers on the heads and the blocks? 

accordionfolder
9/19/23 2:38 p.m.

In reply to clutchmaster :

Sure thing. 

The clean heads are 243, the dirty heads are 862. The block with the leak in the head stud is a gen3, the one with bent rods is a gen4. I have a valley cover for either gen. If the asking is met I'll include ARP bolts for either generation. I'll have to go in the attic to remind myself what manifolds I have.

accordionfolder
9/19/23 3:15 p.m.

1/3 of the sets of rotating assembles (the one completely removed from the engine) has brand new bearings and rings.

2/3 of the rotating assemblies is in the bent rod block - obviously rods no good, but it turns over smoothly. 

3/3 of the rotating assemblies is in the leaky block - it ran and drove great.

My plan was to take bent rod block to the machine shop and have it checked over and look at which crank/rods/pistons had the best fit and go from there. I just got impatient and got a crate, which was my plan in the first place but they were sold out the when I started this trudge. 

I believe one of the two blocks is good to go, but if it turns out neither are ok then I'll work with the buyer to refund and appropriate amount. This is a good pile of parts no matter which way you shake it though. 

This is the leaky headstud block running, it ran, drove, and sounded fantastic. I'm not sure if it's recoverable, it leaked out of the very front, passenger headstud on cylinder 2. :( 

This was it running, keep in mind - open headers so it sounds funny on the mic.

The crate motor, as it turns out - rips.

clutchmaster
clutchmaster New Reader
9/20/23 3:29 p.m.

sounds spicy! 

looks like one block is casting number 12568573? tough to read

and the other block? 

does $800.00 buy it all? 

thanks 

accordionfolder
9/20/23 3:45 p.m.

In reply to clutchmaster :

800 buys it all - it's a good deal, but I'd rather give a good deal to GRM than deal with selling on FB Marketplace....

Let me go get the casting numbers.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/23 4:03 p.m.

I'll echo that's a good buy at $800 for a couple sets of heads and a couple aluminum 5.3 blocks

accordionfolder
9/20/23 4:09 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

It also includes valley covers, oil pan, sensors, and crank pulley. 

As long as one is careful and checks everything that's a fully rebuilt 5.3 - if it didn't sell soon I was going to just finish the motor build and sell it that way. Just have a lot of clutter in the garage at the moment. 

accordionfolder
9/20/23 4:12 p.m.

Gen4 is 12559513 I believe

Gen3 is 12566910

clutchmaster
clutchmaster New Reader
9/20/23 4:29 p.m.

headed out for the day.

let's figure out how to get together this weekend? Sunday works good for me

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/21/23 7:22 a.m.

Sob... maybe next time.

clutchmaster
clutchmaster New Reader
9/21/23 9:52 a.m.

accordionfolder I sent you a PM (I think). let me know if you get it or didn't.

thanks

accordionfolder
9/21/23 10:17 a.m.

Got it, sent you an email back. - Same for this end, let me know if you didn't get it.

clutchmaster
clutchmaster New Reader
9/21/23 3:18 p.m.

can't find it. send me a text please.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/23 8:19 a.m.

Your emails will be in a wierd GRM ROBOT form. Search grassroots or robot (unless one of you is a robotocist)

accordionfolder
9/30/23 12:16 p.m.

All gone! I've got clear space and Clutchmasters has a pile of parts. Had a great chat, as always GRM folks are the easiest to deal with!

Thanks everyone!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TMUXbISHTc4ELOZSdAJPDjGRuaxtMCZaDTiGmxhsy92J4yhxmSKnzJUnu3pnI6hl