AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/19 9:31 a.m.

I don't have pictures of my set at the moment, I'll get some tonight. For now I'll link stock photos. 

I'm selling my set of Truck-Lite 27275C LED Headlights. I had them in my old NA miata, but I have an NB now so no good use for them. I was going to keep them around for the next NA, but I'm trying to clear space and free up cash while I'm looking for a house. 

A couple things:

-These are the version 2.0 of the 7" Round LED Headlight from Truck-Lite. This means they have a defroster circuit built in, as you can see the path of it in the pictures. The originals apparently had issues in snowy weather since they don't output much heat. 

-This set is actually a military grade set. When I bought these, you couldn't find this version with the defroster for sale new. I found this set on eBay. What that means is, it originally had the military style connectors, which were 3 waterproof bullet connections. I cut those off and soldered on an H4 connector. 

Here is a picture I found of an adapter that would have done the same thing, just for reference:

All said, these are in great shape, just a little dirty. I ran them on my miata and they were definitely an improvement. They do stick out a bit farther than the stock sealed beam bulbs, so you may have to make some clearance to be able to put them down completely. Also I think I had to cut an extra notch in the mounting rings on the miata, not a big deal. Other uses such as on a Jeep or something sould be straight forward. 

I'm asking $300 for the pair including shipping within the US. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/31/19 3:07 p.m.

Ooooooooh. I like those.

Do you have anything you happen to be looking for in posdible trade?

AWSX1686
6/3/19 10:10 a.m.

Possibly? Obviously looking for cash for the hopefully new house, but parts for the drift car could work. Next things I want to do there are Hydraulic Handbrake, Brake Booster Delete (Wilwood pedal set maybe?), fresh e28 suspension, and adjustable rear alignment (e28). If you got anything that would help there, I'd be interested. 

AWSX1686
6/25/19 7:41 a.m.

Bump?

Mostly looking for cash, as I am trying to buy a house, but trade for cool tools would be considered. 

AWSX1686
6/25/19 9:57 a.m.

Sold! To some guy who likes miatas...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/19 10:01 a.m.

They're going on the Westfalia - those defrosters are going to be useful when it makes those long drives through the Colorado and Utah back country in the snow! Thanks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pj9XqLuk7JAGmrYFQ3iBOdX3PwWEsHXDCypeCyBlRiDXm91qgeD5xANOAtMxjArZ