NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/30/23 7:44 p.m.

Can you help me out here because I am having a major brain fart. I have the high power wired to connection 30 power to horn to 87 and then I have two wires wired to 85 and 88 with a momentary button. What does 85 and 88 need to be hooked to? Power and ground and then when I press the button it sends power to the relay? 
Sorry I know this is a boneheaded question I'm just struggling with this one. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/30/23 9:04 p.m.

Power to either 85 or 88 then from the other to your horn button and from the horn button to ground.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/30/23 9:11 p.m.

I read your statement like five times but I keep getting more confused. 

Do this:

1. grab a fire extinguisher and forget who gave you these instructions

2. Follow the below notes:

30: battery +
87: Horn +
85: Ground it somewhere
86: To your trigger switch

I wrote 86 because I believe that's what I have seen on one of my relays, if yours says 88 use as 86. 

NY Nick
8/30/23 9:11 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Thank you. I thought that was the way and I got crossed up somewhere. Hopefully I can finish wiring at lunch tomorrow. 

NY Nick
8/31/23 12:52 p.m.

Ugh. Had 10 minutes at lunch ran 85 to ground put an end on 88 so I could touch it to battery pos. Nothing. I need to test the relay and make sure it's good, I had already tested the horn but maybe I need to start from zero and check this all out again. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/31/23 1:08 p.m.

The relay should've clicked when the coil was energized. 

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/31/23 1:09 p.m.

12v across 85/86 you should hear a click and have continuity between 87 and 30. If your relay really says 88 on it instead of 86 it's a bit suspect laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mWfb2tdCAID24x1d8P3BwBhBgrV3pMIc9laPfuilgU8KtZDBdiGnfSNzwXx26PBT