1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 ... 160
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/23 9:08 a.m.

I was not having issues at bridghampton.  But I have raised and softened my suspension some.  

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
10/18/23 9:12 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

You know the highlights are always great to watch, thank you fo9r those Air.  I will say that I could not remember what car I was driving as I always try to find it in the highlight reel to make sure I am not overly aggressive.  Oh well.  Maybe in the next reel. 

Tonight will be a really fun night.  I can get 1 or 2 laps that are good at this track and then I make an oops, get another 1 or 2 laps in, etc, etc ...

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/18/23 9:59 a.m.
gencollon said:

It looked like you were tiptoeing the car around the circuit and struggling for grip by the time I made it up near you.

[EDIT: What looked like tiptoeing was likely just the inherent difference between your skill level and mine.] Probably more like trying to play it cool and be a little bit conservative so I didn't crash myself out of the running. I didn't realize you were gaining on me until you were right there in my mirror. There's probably half a dozen apps that would help with that, but I'm in the dark there.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/18/23 10:31 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I tried softening the suspension, and it reduced the bouncing, but it didn't improve grip, and was not objectively faster.  How much did you take out of the spring rates?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/18/23 12:16 p.m.

I will be curious to see how my new steering ratio affects things.  In practice laps, I could not even make the third corner without going hand over hand!   Not sure why this car has so much less steering than most cars.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/18/23 12:26 p.m.

After watching this, I think we need to add NCM to our Radical race series... laugh

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/this-is-what-a-200091-lap-of/259107/page1/

gencollon
gencollon New Reader
10/18/23 2:39 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

the realtime app shows you the closest few cars' time relative to you.

DarkMonohue
10/18/23 5:37 p.m.

In reply to gencollon :

Thanks, I'll give it a look. Hopefully it blinks red and shouts "faster, dummy!" in a robotic voice...

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
10/18/23 6:24 p.m.
Rodan said:

After watching this, I think we need to add NCM to our Radical race series... laugh

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/this-is-what-a-200091-lap-of/259107/page1/

Unfortunately the Assetto Corsa mod for NCM is garbage or else we definitely would be using it. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/18/23 7:05 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

That's a bummer.  Guess I won't bother downloading it...

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
10/19/23 1:05 p.m.

I will say, that last night was not one of my finest hours of racing.  First race was not bad, then I dropped my wings to a 2/2 setting, which helped a little with the top speed and didn't hinder me too much in terms of down force and handling.  I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time in race 2. 

Let's see how we do next week.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/19/23 1:23 p.m.

Yeah, I managed a few bonehead moves, including wiping out both myself and the person I was trying to draft past.  I had at least two cases of not knowing where the edge of my car was in relation to other cars so I will have to do a bit more testing / be more careful.  Unfortunately as the result of those, I got very little time driving near other cars, which would have been useful.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/19/23 1:26 p.m.

Results and Standing.  Let me know if you see anything, I am trying a bit more automated approach (to calculate total points and drops).

Of note is 914 marching up the points.  He may not be fast, but he kind of like the safety car in those Top Gear special episodes... he is always there.... waiting....

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/19/23 1:35 p.m.

Last night was garbage for me.  Almost 3 seconds off the pace and no idea why, then some sloppy mistakes right off the bat in race 1 so I just gave up for the night.  Wasn't feeling it.  May take a break for a while.

Would definitely be interesting in a test night/coaching night on the regular.  I need to up my game.

DarkMonohue
10/19/23 2:04 p.m.
aircooled said:

Yeah, I managed a few bonehead moves, including wiping out both myself and the person I was trying to draft past.

Was that me? I think that happened early in the first race. It happens. I spent the rest of that race blowing the exit of T4 and living out my Mint 400 fantasies. 

Race two wasn't a lot better. I got a fantastic holeshot, then lost it in T1 (may have had some help) while the whole pack went by, and found the pack again several turns later, doing somewhere between five and ten miles per hour. Off into the dunes I went. Spun it under yellow. Fought back to fifth place until a pass on the straight turned out to be less clean than I planned, and had to wait for the victims to catch up. Tail-end Charlie once again.

If anybody ever needs a patsy to get tapped, to tap someone else, or just spin donuts in the dirt to make you look faster by comparison, please call me. My rates are very reasonable.

moto914
moto914 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/19/23 5:05 p.m.

Thanks guys, uploading tunes and the chatting was helpful.

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
10/19/23 9:00 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Any time you (or anyone else) want to do a testing/coaching session just ping me on Discord.  Things have been a bit crazy with work and some personal stuff lately, but if I'm around and not completely exhausted I'm usually willing to hop on.

dean1484
10/20/23 9:08 p.m.

I was a bit disappointed with my self. I zinged and another car zaged and another car shot the gap between us on the front strait and it was game over. It will most likely make for a comical replay.  

dean1484
10/20/23 9:11 p.m.

Something I would like to implement is that the passing car needs to tell the car they are going to pass what side they are going to pass on.  If I had done this I would not have got boxed in exiting on to the front strait that lead to the zig zag incident I noted above.   

dean1484
10/20/23 9:15 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I was thinking of trying to do some of this on Sunday nights but if I am around and I see a ping on discord I can join most any night. 

I started a tune from scratch for this weeks track that is promising. 

dean1484
10/22/23 8:23 a.m.

I should be on tonight. I would like to continue to work on my tune a bit and get more practice in on this track.  

DarkMonohue
10/22/23 2:40 p.m.

Same here, and I'll try to get on tonight as well.  I gave all the upcoming tracks a preview this morning and am really struggling with the combination of the Radical's very low eye position and the design of modern tracks (wide, flat, located in the middle of ten thousand acres of nothingness).  Without some kind of visual indicators, I can't really gauge how fast the car is going and where to place it on the track.  Definitely need some guidance or practice or divine intervention or something, anything, to make this series viable.

dean1484
10/22/23 3:43 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Well after this weeks race we are half way through this series.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/22/23 3:50 p.m.

Next weeks race will also be know as:  How hot can I get my left front tire

Here are some highlites. Of note in the Split It incident, the "splitter" did stop and let the other cars by.

dean1484
10/23/23 8:07 a.m.

Last night was fun and very helpful to me getting better at these cars. Thanks to those that shared there tune. It definitely helped drop my lap times.   

1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7sxxHkvZl2x3KCBUdNn7zbXlefwIJAxs9yKnkJJltNbbSLLWbIH7nYpI15Vh0tuD