1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 160
Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
10/23/23 8:27 a.m.

Definitely a track that needs some time to get right.  The Shared Tune is also a big help, I think I dropped 5 seconds from where I started last night to where I ended.  There is time here, it is a matter getting the line right and keeping your foot in it. 

Thanks all for the help last night

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/23 5:23 p.m.

I still need to master the art of staying on track. I am betting if I can not drop a tire in to the sand I will finish in the top half of the field. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/24/23 12:29 p.m.
Mike924 said:

Definitely a track that needs some time to get right.

Definitely.  I came back Monday after the action had died down and managed a couple of very low 1:16s before hanging it up.  Came back on last night for more practice, using the exact same setup, and could barely keep it on the asphalt.  Gotta be in the groove for this one.

EDIT: That must have been low 1:16s, not 15s.

DarkMonohue
10/25/23 1:02 a.m.

I must have been pretty tired last night when I posted that claim of very low 1:15s. There's no way, not with me driving. After getting on again tonight and finessing the setup, I started cracking the 15s, and eventually got down to a 1:15.482 - and because I am now the confused old man who takes pictures of the screen, here's proof. I want this here so when I embarrass myself again tomorrow, you'll know I could have been somebody. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/25/23 9:18 a.m.

As a reminder, I am out for tonight so someone make sure to get pics of the finish orders and upload the replays if you want some highlights.

I am in Vegas.... lots of traffic in the downtown with closed streets because of some racy car race thing they are setting up here.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/25/23 9:28 a.m.

I'm also out for tonight.  We're at our new house, and I haven't got my sim rig relocated yet.  Moving is a PITA.

dean1484
10/25/23 3:44 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

But I was hoping for a replay of the Grand torismo incident. ;-). 

dean1484
10/25/23 3:44 p.m.

Is that replay in your YouTube still?  

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
10/25/23 6:30 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I hope it's still up, that was legendary. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/25/23 6:38 p.m.

This is my favorite clip so far

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/26/23 8:14 a.m.
aircooled said:

I am in Vegas.... lots of traffic in the downtown with closed streets because of some racy car race thing they are setting up here.

You at a conference? I know Money 20/20 is going on currently. 

dean1484
10/26/23 8:14 a.m.

Good racing last night!!!   I was not on my game but that is ok. It was still good fun. 

I posted screenshots of the finishes in the discord.  

dean1484
10/26/23 8:16 a.m.

Next weeks track is so simple and easy that I can't do a lap with out going off track.  :-). I have never been on this track so this is going to take some learning on my part.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/28/23 9:46 p.m.

Anyone have finishing order pics or replays from this week?

Edit - OK, I see the result up on Discord.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/29/23 2:17 p.m.

Results and Standings.  Let me know if you see any issues, I am trying a new method of calculating.  I am also now sorting by ADJUSTED POINTS (including the drops), which gives a more realistic view of positions, especially with such a short season and the new, higher, points.

Of note here of course is Sauces lead, but with 4 HC.  Also noteworthy is the rather obvious tendency for Colin to finish 3rd or 4th..... hmmmm.  1 through 6 are very close especially considering his HC.  I suspect him and Colin will be fighting for 3rd and 4th (lots of math to figure that out during the race!) surprise

Also of note is 914 is in 10th people!  He is on a march!

The new scoring is having interesting effects.  I am wondering if 1st and 2nd might need an additional points bonus considering the points spread now.  So, maybe, going back to the same (percentage) bonus, which would then be: 20,16,12,10,9,8....   or maybe (same percentage, but multiplied by HC gained): 20,16,14,12,10,9,8.....  or maybe (a mix of the two) 20,16,13,12,11,10,9....

Or, another way to look at the above is 1st has a 4 point bonus in each case and second either gets a 4,2, or 3 point bonus.  1st effectively gets the 2nd place bonus in each case also.

Thoughts?

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
10/29/23 4:12 p.m.

I'll be on tonight at 7:00 central hotlapping, and tuning.

DarkMonohue
10/29/23 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Racebrick :

Great. I'll try to join you. NJMP is very different from the last track and is likely going to want a very different setup and driving style.

dean1484
10/30/23 9:06 a.m.

I don't want to give to much of a bonus to the winner. I mean you are only one place above 2nd. :-).  I would prefer to keep things close. 

moto914
moto914 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/30/23 12:46 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

"in 10th people!  He is on a march!"  Ha ha smiley

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/1/23 6:39 p.m.

Mike shared the infamous tune with me on Monday and I dropped another second from my time at NJMP to 1:03.9 then I was in the pits and saw how the front left tire was lower than the rest of the tires. Thinking I could improve my time by messing with that all it did was make the car undrivable and/or slower.  LOL so obvious that I don't know anything about chassis setup. I can't dance but I'm willing to learn.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
11/1/23 7:35 p.m.

Have fun tonight boys... yes

Hopefully I'll have my sim rig at the new house for next week. 

moto914
moto914 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/2/23 11:34 a.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Similar thoughts here. + in this case, the driver's skills. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/2/23 1:31 p.m.

Results:  Still pretty tight at the top.  Colin and Sauce are likely to finish well off the podium next week, while Brick is in position to get some points.  This could result in Colin Sauce and Brick all having the same HC for the last race!  I will try and remember to update the Discord results thread.

dean1484
11/2/23 2:13 p.m.

I had fun last night just watching and chatting with you all.  I am really glad I elected to not race.  I got to watch a lot of the battles between you all. Something you don't get to see when you are driving.

dean1484
11/2/23 2:18 p.m.

A general comment from my observations. 

If you are side by side with someone you have to leave the room and not take the corner "at speed".  I saw several times where cars are going through corners together and the inside car slides out to the outside on the corner exit and pushes the other car off the outside.   It is not natural for you to slow down when racing with someone but you have to when going two wide through the corner.  The problem is (and I am guilty of this) is the little voice in your head is telling you to push it and use all of the track to keep from getting passed.  

1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cKbb94GXiiASyCm8OGoH4sRcJH8zHs7DuBSEYsmwmcxnrihvYcR8zdnKJOHfEKgE