ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/18/20 10:19 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

mine is prodarwin#1538

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/18/20 10:21 p.m.

Dean if you want to setup a server /try out any other multiplayer let me know.  I have my stuff up and running.  Still getting accustomed to mods, but I'm good for some vanilla AC at this point

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/20 9:11 a.m.

I have put a ton of time in to getting the server to work and not much on mods for the game.

I want to keep the mods to a minimum (at least in the beginning) to make it user friendly for people to join in with the least amount of effort.  

As things progress we can see what we want to do.  I have a server as well as lots of space on the web. I could set up a link to a zip file that would have every track and car for a specific series that all someone would need to do is down load it and in zip it and the move the folders to the corresponding location in the game on there pc. 

We could make a "content pack" for each series.  Or just for a one off event. People can make there own content pack to share with others so ideas can create shared and tried.   A simple web page or even a google docs folder (I am looking at you Air).  ;-)   Would be easy enough to set up to give people access to the shared content.  

The reason I am thinking of doing it this way is going on line to find content can be overwhelming.  There is so much out there for this game.   If we do this I would like to make the added content easy to get for others that are new at this stuff.  Again the KISS thing at play . 

On a side note I need to get my G27 out as well as an old momo wheel set up and I think I have one other much older wheel and see what I like best for the PC. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/19/20 9:45 a.m.

We should not need to do any downloading or installing if we stay with the base setup for now.  I think the biggest issue anyone will have is setting up a wheel.  I just added some pic in the second post of this thread for setting up the Logitech Profiler, a required adjustment tool for Logitech wheels, which is I put in my Google Drive (link provided).  I also put some pics of my current wheel settings so you can have a decent starting point (107% gain seems to make for the smallest dead zone).

With discord, we should be able to talk anyone through setup issues.

Once we get into (or if you want to try some) mods, again, I highly recommend getting the Content Manager.  If nothing else, it makes installing and uninstalling cars / tracks / mods super simple.

dean1484
12/19/20 11:31 a.m.

Ok Nocones give us a couple days/times that work for you and we can see about setting up a trial run of the server and the discord. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/19/20 11:53 a.m.

Im free most evenings.  I basically have nothing going on until xmas, and my son isn't here until then either.

I sent spacecadet a note requesting a discord invite, but am not in the channel yet.

dean1484
12/19/20 11:56 a.m.

I got one but I think it had a 12 hour limit on it. At 10:55 it worked but I needed to install discord on my pc I will be using. At 11:01 it had expired when I went back to accept it. Lol. I sent him an email asking for another

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/19/20 12:19 p.m.

I sent invites to both of you.  They should not expire.

... I have power.... 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/19/20 12:20 p.m.

Where would I see said invite?  I see nothing in my email or in discord.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/19/20 12:21 p.m.

I am just going to put some pictures here.  Just to give an idea of how much trouble we can get into (once we move past vanilla):

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/19/20 12:22 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Where would I see said invite?  I see nothing in my email or in discord.  

Whatever email is linked to your GRM account.  I sent it as a message from this site.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/19/20 12:24 p.m.

Weird, I am getting nothing.  Can you try sending me one directly?  Or to my discord (prodarwin#1538)

my email is my username & I use google

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/19/20 12:54 p.m.

OK, I sent one to your gmail.  I sent it to Deans email also.

I am not sure how to message you on Discord yet, looking now....  I sent a friend request to you on Discord.  I am Aircooled#8808

dean1484
12/19/20 6:35 p.m.

Worked for me Air!!! However there are three of me listed in the discord.  One of the other "me" was given admin access my "real" me was not.

dean1484
12/19/20 6:56 p.m.

OK I have a server up.

It is called: GRM_TEST

It is set to loop.  I don't have my wheel up at the moment but people can get on the server and see how it works.  It is Nuremberg GPF with the 190e Racecar (I happen to like that car as I had a 190e 2.6 that I converted to manual back in the late 90's)

dean1484
12/20/20 12:53 a.m.

I left the server running for now if anyone wants to get on and practice.  

dean1484
12/20/20 12:57 a.m.

The only thing I am going to have to do is see about some added cooling for the server. It is taking a bit of computer power to run the server.

dean1484
12/20/20 11:39 a.m.

Oh before I forget we learned in the discord last night that volume adjustment will be needed if you want to use the discord with AC. AC seems to overwhelm the Discord volume so some tweaks to the master volume mixer to get the volume balanced. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/20/20 2:30 p.m.

I checked, and there is a volume adjustment (very top app) in the right side app menu that is available in car.  So you can easily make adjustments to the AC volumes from there also.

dean1484
12/20/20 3:08 p.m.

Server updated with a bunch of GT3 cars to mess around with. Same log in. 

I added 2 of each GT3 car that are in the default game.

dean1484
12/20/20 6:27 p.m.

Air cooled came up with a challenge. A time trial type thing. We leave the server up in a mode that it never resets and people can try to get the best lap with the cars provided. I am hoping I can set it up so it will keep the various times and at the end of a week we see how people stack up. Then maybe we all get together and can do a little racing.  This is predicated on my server not loosing power (because new England winter)

I don't know if I can set a server to do this and if it records the times like that but I will see if I can do it. Oh and it just came to mind that you could team up with someone and do a little drafting. 

dean1484
12/20/20 6:32 p.m.

If the server can't record it you can take a screen shot and post it up. We could keep a leaderboard up (probably a new thread) with the leaderboard in the top posts and you all can post up your "proof" after. Obviously there is the potential for cheating but we will have to rely on the honer system and a group race at the end will help to validate things. And be lots of fun just to talk and race. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/20/20 7:14 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Server updated with a bunch of GT3 cars to mess around with. Same log in. 

I added 2 of each GT3 car that are in the default game.

FYI it appears at least some of these are DLC I don't have :(  I'll try and snag the DLC packs in a few days during the Steam Sale

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/20/20 7:33 p.m.

Some feedback on the server.

When looking at it from the Content Manager, there is a non-vanilla car shown in there: The RUF RGT-8 GT3, which can be found here:  https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/ruf  (which almost certainly won't work without the Porsche pack).

It would not let me join until I installed it.  It also gave me an error and would not let me join until I disable SOL (with the shader patch).

With the car and track fixed, it will not let me pick any of the 911's  (GT3 Cup, GT3 R, or the RGT).  It does not give me any type of error, just has a note of "wait for this car".  I can pick any other car and it lets me in with those. 

In the original AC launcher, it does not show any of the Porsches as possible car choices (?).

In both cases it's a bit sad after seeing the course with the shader patch.  The grass looks like it has a dusting of snow on it, kind of weird.  The cars are rather hard to drive with a controller.  Understeering a lot when cornering, and liking to spin almost any other time (!)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/20/20 9:07 p.m.

The white grass... is snow... it's December (temp seemed reasonable though).

I did see some rather extreme sun glare effects in some tests.  I am not sure it is my setting, but damn.... zero visibility!

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LvvIfpgTh5XkM2ekbs6j9C9FtNtyfFGI5gWR8dD4xcXcM05VJZby7xnopAKN9XDt