1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 160
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/21 6:27 p.m.

So you could see my laps?  

dean1484
1/30/21 6:32 p.m.

The necessity of a clutch with the Merc lead me to fix the driver issue with the G27. I ended up uninstalling all the Logitech software on my pc and then only installing the profiler and not only did it fix the issues with the G27 issues but it also had the drivers for the old momo wheel.   So I think I am good to go now. 

dean1484
1/30/21 7:16 p.m.

Tried the g27 and I am going to have to re learn the pedals. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/30/21 7:32 p.m.

I could see you ran laps (it show both practice and race results) and what car, but it only shows time for the fastest of each (not by car).  The others show "+ laps" for some reason.

E.g. the fasted lap now is mine in a Lotus.  Should be pretty beatable though.

dean1484
1/31/21 2:13 p.m.

I saw that you had been on as well.  I wonder if I made a really long practice or qual session instead of it continually cycling through a practice and a 4lap race if it would hold the lap times of others. 

dean1484
1/31/21 2:14 p.m.

That way we could have a week long time trial leading up to the Tuesday race. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/31/21 8:39 p.m.

Yeah, there is no reason to have it run races if we just practice on it.  The question is, can you mak a practice that long? 

dean1484
1/31/21 10:43 p.m.

I think I can make it 9999 minutes or about 6.9 days. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/31/21 11:10 p.m.

OK.  We should start figuring out practice/ qualifying / race timing also.  We don't have to run full length races yet, but we might settle on sprint races, so maybe so.

dean1484
2/1/21 1:28 p.m.

Race length and track length are what we need to look at. Or we could just go timed and it will just work its self out.  I am thinking I would like to get 3 races a night in so that give us about 30 min or so per event and that leaves 30 min for server changeovers and getting drinks between races and what not.  We could have a 15 min qualifying and a 15 min race.  or shorten up qualifying a little and add some time to teh races.  Depending on the track that could be anywhere from 5 to 10 laps per race.  On the really small tracks we could get even more laps but I would assume we would run slower cars so it would balance out some.

dean1484
2/1/21 1:29 p.m.

I am really liking my g27.  The peddles are so much better than the old Momo wheel and I have a clutch now!!!!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/1/21 1:33 p.m.

I would love to get some longer races happening, but I think we need to get to a point where there are more of us that can run in a tighter group.  Right now, the 'race' is between the 1 or 2 guys that don't wipe out in the first lap or two :)

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/1/21 1:35 p.m.

Also, on the subject of player names:  https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/online-player-names.171007/

On track, just CTRL-L

dean1484
2/2/21 2:06 p.m.

We on for tonight?  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/2/21 2:11 p.m.

I'm in!  Just need to download the goods.

Hopefully I have my new wheel mount/cupholder/kb tray thing operational tonight also.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/2/21 2:31 p.m.

I'm hoping to join in next week. I've been working on not crashingcheeky

I'm going to spend some time this week getting set up and learning tracks.

dean1484
2/2/21 2:40 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) :

Join anyway we don't care your skill level and I don't really know the track either.  It is way more about having fun than who wins. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/2/21 3:06 p.m.
dean1484 said:

In reply to cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) :

Join anyway we don't care your skill level and I don't really know the track either.  It is way more about having fun than who wins. 

This.

Except when I win :)

dean1484
2/2/21 11:29 p.m.

Great fun everyone. I need to see if I can pull some photos from the replays. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/21 11:19 a.m.
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) said:

Meanwhile, in the game:

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
2/3/21 11:42 a.m.

I picked this up when it was on sale but haven't installed it because I don't have a wheel.  I may see if my old gamepad will work with it.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/3/21 12:07 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) said:

Meanwhile, in the game:

This is accurate

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/3/21 12:45 p.m.
minivan_racer said:

I picked this up when it was on sale but haven't installed it because I don't have a wheel.  I may see if my old gamepad will work with it.

I know an Xbox controller will. I do that occasionally.   Now... effectively driving with one, well, let's just say it will be challenging with many cars.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/3/21 8:32 p.m.

I got a few pics.  For some reason it did not save most of the races, despite still having some previous races listed.  Not sure why.  Maybe I need to be sure to mark a race as save at the end of the race.   I don't have any multi-car races from Mid-Ohio(?).   I do have one from snowy Germany again:

Here I am innocently cleaning my tires in the snow:

When my tire scrubbing routine is rudely interrupted by at car slamming it's door into my bumper:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/3/21 8:57 p.m.

Track and cars have been uploaded and set on the first page:

The track and car pack are pretty large (so no dial up!).  There are a bunch of cars in the pack, but they are for 4 different years.  70 has 6 cars, 69 has 2, 68 has 3, and 65 and 67 only have one.  Not sure how we want to load it up.  Lots of good liveries though.

Oh look, they have an orange 2nd gen Camero....

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Px1dLFJWGSEUVm4Zr0pX9XpV8WVEoBgsWbm60F7Cbm5DEAEJU2ahfPzPixb7jENn