singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
4/29/14 9:41 a.m.

We buy everything else used, is this really dangerous? I am looking at some cards on ebay and wondering how safe this is. They claim to be in good shape and only used for a few months (these cards have only been out since Oct '13).

Rxbalt
Rxbalt Reader
4/30/14 5:43 a.m.

I have a pair of used Asus ATI HD5770s with the crossfire cable that are just sitting in my closet in Ziploc bags.

Not super high-performance, but they ran Arma 2 and a bunch of other stuff well for 2 years.

If you're fine with having them shipped from Canada, I'd let them go for shipping cost.

Edit: Didn't read that you had some in mind.

Personally, I'd go for a new card unless you knew the guy selling them.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
4/30/14 5:30 p.m.

Yeah you have to know the person you are buying them from. I would keep an eye on slickdeals.net and techbargains.com there are performance video cards on there almost every week.

You don't really know me, but I have a perfectly good nvidia videocard that I would sell you. I've been contemplating upgrading because PC gaming is a slippery slope

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
5/1/14 9:09 a.m.

I grabbed a cheap HD 6670 (highest card that can dual with my APU) and will probably grab an R9 next year. I might be interested in said nvidia. I will send you a message.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6CT431peYrGRlPah8sdstq41by0AHhFCb0DwCeW66ida8ZDO3WysbmrwuelfgEiz