Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
3/26/24 1:39 p.m.

I can't remember the last time I was excited for a game, and it was actually good. Let's hope this isn't another let down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XGA47tWGWBM

https://killerklownsthegame.com/

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/24 1:59 p.m.

I jumped out of my skin in excitement when it was announced.

Then I found out it is an asymmetrical multiplayer game, 3v7. In a similar vein to the recent Friday the 13th game, and the most recent Evil Dead entry, and the either recently released or soon to be doing Texas Chainsaw game.

If multiplayer games like that are your thing, I'm happy for you, because it looks awesome. Killer Klowns is a classic movie and really deserves the videogame treatment. It's just not going to be for me.

Although if there were enough people from here, on Xbox, to fill a lobby consistently, I would pick up a copy. I like the IP it's based on, I like the idea of predator prey style gameplay, I just prefer to play with people I know. 

Maybe the successes of these games, and resounding outcry from us single player people will lead to some single or co-op, straight action or action RPG games. Evil Dead made some good ones in the PS2 era, and there's more than enough material to fill out some 20-50 hour single player experiences. 

I think Friday the 13th showed there is a definite interest, and despite the legal hell of it's licensing, it has a consistent player base until it got shut down because the license expired.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/26/24 3:00 p.m.
RevRico said:

I jumped out of my skin in excitement when it was announced.

Then I found out it is an asymmetrical multiplayer game, 3v7. In a similar vein to the recent Friday the 13th game, and the most recent Evil Dead entry, and the either recently released or soon to be doing Texas Chainsaw game.

If multiplayer games like that are your thing, I'm happy for you, because it looks awesome. Killer Klowns is a classic movie and really deserves the videogame treatment. It's just not going to be for me.

Although if there were enough people from here, on Xbox, to fill a lobby consistently, I would pick up a copy. I like the IP it's based on, I like the idea of predator prey style gameplay, I just prefer to play with people I know. 

Maybe the successes of these games, and resounding outcry from us single player people will lead to some single or co-op, straight action or action RPG games. Evil Dead made some good ones in the PS2 era, and there's more than enough material to fill out some 20-50 hour single player experiences. 

I think Friday the 13th showed there is a definite interest, and despite the legal hell of it's licensing, it has a yconsistent player base until it got shut down because the license expired.

You said the thing. I agree completely. This is probably my single favorite IP to come out of the 80s B-era. But I refuse to play with randoms. 

tarach
tarach New Reader
6/7/24 3:08 p.m.

Looks like a fun game.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ByQxWAbA9JKstZvAoUS05WAXXaXz24d3vOjdu3OWxuXJnpYJNzqw1NeU1YjKq2za