SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
10/2/14 2:20 p.m.

Kind of different for Ducati

http://expeditionportal.com/ducati-scrambler-adventure-redefined/

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
10/2/14 2:34 p.m.

They supposedly really thought this through. All the accessory and electrical points have connectors instead of being hard wired so its easier to add farkles. I think its going to sell like crazy. Really good power delivery to for people getting back on the bike or a cautious first timer.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/2/14 2:42 p.m.

Hey now, that's a pretty swell motorcycle.

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
10/2/14 11:49 p.m.

He comes to mind when I first seen the cycle.

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
10/3/14 5:07 a.m.

A ducati Griso...

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
10/3/14 8:34 a.m.

I'm not a bike guy. There are few motorcycles I look at as attractive. I REALLY like that Ducati. I've always loved the sound the Desmo makes but would never have considered buying one of their monsters even if I learned to ride. THAT bike, OTOH, makes me want to go get my license just so I can ride one.

I wonder what kind of commuter it would be?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
10/3/14 8:48 a.m.

I love it! And, I hate being broke, no Ducati Scrambler for me.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/3/14 9:35 a.m.

So what's this thing cost? It really is the perfect blend of old and new.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/3/14 9:42 a.m.

8500 for the base with models out to right at 10k

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/3/14 9:43 a.m.

The bent swingarm is a tad odd looking but overall... it looks a nice, light, simple, reasonably powerful bike you can ride anywhere. I googled it a little and there are pics of it with knobbies tearing up a beach, running down a muddy dirt trail and cruising the highway. Pretty sweet.

rotard
rotard Dork
10/3/14 9:55 a.m.

I think that at best this will take sales away from the Monster 696. It is pretty, though.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
10/3/14 10:06 a.m.

Just hope it wasn't as half baked as the ducati "HyperMotard" that sucked at everything.....

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/3/14 10:07 a.m.
rotard wrote: I think that at best this will take sales away from the Monster 696. It is pretty, though.

Yeah, other than the Triumph Scrambler, I am not sure what they are competing against. Are there and Asian bikes that fall into this category? I don't think the V-Strom really does and that is all I can think of.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
10/4/14 9:02 a.m.

I wouldn't call this a new category of bike. It is a adv wannabe retro-ish looking bike that has semi off road tires. It hardly breaks any new ground. You can take any nuber of bikes ( say a yamaha bolt) and make it a direct competitor to this one by changing tires.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/4/14 9:22 a.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote: I wouldn't call this a new category of bike. It is a adv wannabe retro-ish looking bike that has semi off road tires. It hardly breaks any new ground.

I'm not sure anyone thought it was a new concept. It's just one you don't see a lot of from "premium" brands... a basic, simple motorcycle that does many things well, looks good and does not weight a ton. It is certainly not a new idea... all bikes were like that once. I too think of this when I see it...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
10/4/14 11:04 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Rusnak_322 wrote: I wouldn't call this a new category of bike. It is a adv wannabe retro-ish looking bike that has semi off road tires. It hardly breaks any new ground.
I'm not sure anyone thought it was a new concept. It's just one you don't see a lot of from "premium" brands... a basic, simple motorcycle that does many things well, looks good and does not weight a ton. It is certainly not a new idea... all bikes were like that once. I too think of this when I see it...

Yeah I'm pretty sure nobody thought it was a new design. It definitely is a departure from what Ducati usually has, which are sport bikes.

This one looks good.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/4/14 7:33 p.m.

Me Gusta!!!!!!!

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/4/14 7:41 p.m.

I dig it too. I wish they had been building them for 20 years and I could pick one up for $1500

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pkYpHqbrcBd8IOtfoK5o2EsvUYOUoEsS0MaMrwdz6zs9vv5ICnlN8l1llOghMUH1