1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/14 7:17 p.m.
Cool_Hand_Luke wrote:
Woody wrote:
Cool_Hand_Luke wrote: In reply to Woody: I'm guessing you still don't have it anymore
I don't, but my friend still has it. It hasn't moved from that room since I gave it to him 15 years ago.
Would it be for sale? I can't find a CB four for a good price anywhere

I can ask. It's in Connecticut.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/14/14 3:03 p.m.

Just to keep you focused

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/14/14 6:12 p.m.

I love Café bikes, but don't do the MSF Course on it. If you've never ridden, take the Basic Course and use their motorcycles, it hurts much less when the hit the parking lot.

I took the Advanced Course (required by work); imagine leaning over the tank standing on the pegs and trying to do a figure eight in one parking space. They just don't turn that sharply.

Good Luck.

Cool_Hand_Luke
Cool_Hand_Luke New Reader
5/14/14 7:51 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver:

I already took the course, I'm just looking to get into cafe's in the future

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
5/14/14 9:55 p.m.

I'm wondering how berkeleyed up the ergos would be if you built a traditional cafe, rearsets and all but instead of clip ons or clubmans you put a set of superbike pars on?

I would love to do a cafe bike but after riding a couple sport bikes I realized very quickly that those ergos are not for me.

Beagle
Beagle New Reader
5/15/14 8:36 p.m.

These things are hard to beat for a daily beater bike.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
5/15/14 10:31 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I'm wondering how berkeleyed up the ergos would be if you built a traditional cafe, rearsets and all but instead of clip ons or clubmans you put a set of superbike pars on? I would love to do a cafe bike but after riding a couple sport bikes I realized very quickly that those ergos are not for me.

What do you think about the "Tracker" style? They have bars more in the standard position.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/16/14 7:19 a.m.

I have a weakness for cafe' Goldwings. Low CG, torque and enough weight to make long trips plausible.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/16/14 10:30 a.m.
Beagle wrote: These things are hard to beat for a daily beater bike.

That was a really awesome bike. Good power and torque in the midrange comfortable. My favorite of the nighthawks.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z1CuN6zWGGN0biSKXODzlCLexi4uPKXlzBQJTSDFfFp8mE06wi5KquttBl3O5Bas