P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/13/24 6:33 a.m.

Although I have never seen it specifically mentioned, you can indeed buy a $13 key fob off of Amazon and use a Foxwell NT510 to program the key for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. I assume this is true for other dodge vehicles, too. Apparently 2014 and older, or thereabouts, you could just program a new key by inserting your old one into the vehicle, a certain number of times in blinking the headlights for tipping your head or whatever. But you need to either pay $80 to a dealer or if you have that scanner, you can make it work there.

Do you have to first to get the pin code from the Mopar dealer. This requires proving ownership of the vehicle. In my case, it was my drivers license and insurance card. This is free to do.

There are a lot of things that you can do to break your car in the process, and I will update later with pictures of going through step-by-step, but basically you are looking for the Wireless option set and then make a new key.

Pro tip: program the key in a Dodge Chrysler Jeep dealership parking lot in case you choose the wrong option and brick your old key in the process.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YljgGJxDO2cfEpJxmnVjLpXoZvrqQgDaZqNBJPU6saHkpAucDsVo4sS90ItW02kf