bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/22/23 6:40 p.m.

So my buddy in Nashville called today. Back in the day, we had matching 2004 MSM's with the TI Grey Metallic and Leather. He kept his and I sold mine to scratch a MR2 turbo itch I had. 

Well, We got to chatting and I asked him if he still had it because I hadn't heard him mention it in a while. He's like yeah but I don't really drive it anymore. Well, before the end of the call he offered it to me at a price I couldn't resist so I didn't. I now own another miata. Not planned but very welcome. 

So with that, I have a fly and drive planned for 2 weeks to go get it. Starting in South Nashville and going to Omaha. I am planning plenty of time for it. Leave Nashville Friday after work and get back Sunday. 

Planning a non-interstate route with overnight stops in Jonesboro and Springfield, Mo. 

With that said, The initial route plan has me on 412 a lot and then north but I'd love any suggestions since I know there are some great roads up that way. 

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
4/25/23 4:55 p.m.

Arkansas and Missouri can both be fun to drive, gorgeous scenery and twisty roads. No specific recommendations, sorry.

Congrats on the Miata!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/25/23 6:57 p.m.

All I got

bmw88rider
4/25/23 8:33 p.m.

Use to work on the weekends at Lamberts in the day. :) I think I found my route. 69 to 9 to 14 through AR and then head north at Branson. Should be a lot of fun. I'll report back on what I find. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise PowerDork
4/26/23 1:00 a.m.

I have done STL to Nashville and STL to omaha 

your route sounds fine

if you need any STL info, let me know friend

bmw88rider
6/2/23 5:49 p.m.

I forgot to update this. The trip was an absolute blast and totally done right. 

So first of all, the steed for the trip. 2004 MSM I bought from a close friend. So route I took was 341. Is was an absolute blast of a road and the highlight of the trip. Ran into a motorcyclist and an ND miata and we just had a ton of fun. 

Takes you through a national forest and is a great driving road. Stopped along the way and did a couple hikes. Highly Recommended. 

Stopped in Mountain Home for lunch and the afternoon was as good as the morning. Headed up to missouri and hit 160 to W then H. 

OV

Overall, This was as much fun with a roller coaster type ride. It was so much fun. It is a must do again. I'm going to road trip that way and enjoy the drive. Highly recommend the drives in that part of the country. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pLH2T7nmI1hKokCvaNrQoTEjeOfgLlXcVossduqTm1zb46oMWyEjm6vLavArvSxg